Trouble TTC

Questions for the RE!?

Hi ladies, I just started my list of questions to ask the RE (appt is only 2 weeks away.. Eeeeeek) you guys are the pros so lay em on me!!

What should I be asking!!?

------------
Razz *
Me 24: PCOS & elevated Prolactin --- H 28: SA great
Married <3 September 2012 -- TTC #1 Since September 2013

Femara 5mg + Ovidrel + TI + Progesterone
= BFP!
Beta #1:  12/24  371  -  Beta #2:  12/26  898

Re: Questions for the RE!?

• By the time I finally saw an RE I already had a ton of data regarding my cycles and temps and whatnot so I focused on the things that were stressing me out.  Do I drink too much caffeine?  Does my husband?  Do we drink too much alcohol?  Do we exercise too much?  

I know that's a lot of random stuff but I've read so many conflicting views on Dr Google that I wanted a professional to give me a definitive answer on the little things that freaked me out.  Once we determined I wasn't doing anything to negatively affect my fertility it helped me de-stress a little.  I still have unexplained infertility which is a stress in itself, but at least I'm not doing anything wrong...I'm just apparently incredibly unlucky.

-----------------------------------SIGGY WARNING-------------------------------------

Me: 31| DH: 36
    TTC #1 Since 07/2010
    DX: Unexplained Infertility
    TX: 
    IUI #1 on 7/3/14 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (44 million sperm, 1 dominant follie) = BFN
    IUI #2: on 7/28/14 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (23 million sperm, 2 dominant follies) = BFN

IUI #3 on 8/22/2014 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (53 million sperm, 2 dominant follies)= BFP MMC @ 7weeks

• kmdecoux  so sorry about your diagnosis :( fx you get your BFP this cycle!

@rainbowbridge thank you!! adding them to my list...

------------
    Razz *

= BFP!

• Loading the player...
  • I love PP's advice to ask those questions that Dr. Google seems to vacillate on. :) 

For myself, I liked not jumping the gun, and held off on "what if?" questions until we had all our testing done and the RE could really give individualized info/advice. 

But I know other women do way better knowing all the possibilities, so I would say, take a moment to reflect on what you want to get out of the appointment - what would send you home feeling awesome and okay until the next step - and then communicate that with your RE. Good luck!
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Thanks!!

------------
    Razz *

= BFP!

This discussion has been closed.