Trouble TTC

IUI bust; frustration :(

So sad and frustrated right now....

We were told to do a medicated IUI to possibly get multiple follicles and to better control timing. 50mg Clomid and Ovidrel.

Today at the u/s: not only was there only one follicle, but I already ovulated. I'm so frustrated! I should have followed my gut and did an unmedicated IUI. I feel like I would have had better control over the timing, especially if I was just going to have one follicle.

Sorry to just vent like this, but I am so frustrated. Our chances with IUI were already slim, but I had wanted to do one.

Anyways, thanks for listening.

*** SIGNATURE WARNING ***

Me & DH, early 30s
Married 2008
Excitedly expecting baby #1 - 5/15/2015

We are PAIF-MFI

BabyFruit Ticker

All Welcome

Re: IUI bust; frustration :(

• I'm so sorry, how frustrating!!  Will you at least get to try again next month?

We have IUI 3 tomorrow and I am excited about my response but really stressed abut DHs sample.  The post wash numbers on #2 were half what they were for #1.  I'm so worried they will be even worse this time.  Sigh.

-----------------------------------SIGGY WARNING-------------------------------------

Me: 31| DH: 36
    TTC #1 Since 07/2010
    DX: Unexplained Infertility
    TX: 
    IUI #1 on 7/3/14 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (44 million sperm, 1 dominant follie) = BFN
    IUI #2: on 7/28/14 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (23 million sperm, 2 dominant follies) = BFN

IUI #3 on 8/22/2014 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (53 million sperm, 2 dominant follies)= BFP MMC @ 7weeks

• Yuck I'm sorry :(
    Married July 2 2011
    Not trying Not preventing since 2011
    Me: Ovulate on my own (but poorly) DH: Low count and poor motility
    Oct 2013 Uterine polyp removed
    Feb 2014 First round Ferama, trigger and IUI...BFN
    March 2014 Second round Ferama, trigger and iui
    Waiting....
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • MrsLolaSkyMrsLolaSky member
    edited August 2014
    @rainbowbridge14: thank you for the kind words. I feel bad complaining like this, but these little things get to me. It made me feel better to read your response!

And @kmdecoux, good luck with this cycle!!!! And yeah, part of the IUI try this month was to see exactly what DH's sample would look like given his numbers. I thought that was my biggest worry this cycle! I'll keep my fingers crossed that your numbers will be good this month!

Me & DH, early 30s
    Married 2008

We are PAIF-MFI

BabyFruit Ticker

All Welcome
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm sorry, that's so frustrating. Will you try one more IUI with earlier monitoring?
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • I'm sorry but hang in there! I'm currently on my 3rd medicated IUI cycle. The first two were with Clomid 50mg and Ovidril and #1 only produced one follicle and the #2 I did get two but no luck with either one, every cycle is different.
    Married 07/15/2006 DS # 1&2 born 07/06/2007 TTC# 3 since 10/2013
  • I'm sorry.  I know how frustrating it is. I got cancelled in July I felt like another month is a bust. 

TTC #1

Me: AMA, DH: MFI

Official DX - MFI due to Hemochromatosis

IVF #1 Nov. 2014 - ER 11/10 (10R 6M 6F) - ET 11/13 

3DT of 3 embies - no frosties - CP = BFFN!!!!

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• MrsLolaSkyMrsLolaSky member
    edited August 2014
    Thank you ladies for the support! It really does make it feel a little better!

@BunnyBerry: I expressed a lot of my frustration to the nurse, so we scheduled a sit-down talk with our RE about next steps. But, DH and I are now thinking about moving to IVF-ICSI. As it was, our RE put our IUI chances as (his guess) 3-8%... It just doesn't seem to be worth the added stress and frustration--on top of our baseline IF stress/sadness. And with our numbers, we actually qualify for going straight to IVF through our insurance (skipping the otherwise required 6 IUIs)--though I guess mentally we wanted to give an IUI a try.

Either way, DH and I have a lot of work- (and some friend-) related travel coming up in the fall, so I think we'd be looking at a winter/spring IVF.

Again, thanks ladies for taking the time to give me support despite all your own frustrations. ❤️ I wish you luck!!!

Me & DH, early 30s
    Married 2008

We are PAIF-MFI

BabyFruit Ticker

All Welcome
  • I'm sorry it didn't go as expected. I hope you get the chance next cycle. (((HUGS)))
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • I'm sorry the IUI didn't go as you'd hoped, but it's truly awesome that you qualify for IVF whenever you are ready. :)

Enjoy the travel and holiday time! Those chances with IVF must sound amaaazing next to the 5-8% chance of IUI. 
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Sorry to hear the sad news.  I have been trying to get an IUI done for the last three months.  First month, the doc gave me too much Clomid.  There were so many follicles she wouldn't do the IUI.  Then the next month there were still cysts from the previous cycle.  Sounds like you shouldn't have the cyst issue like I had. Hope next month they will let you do an IUI.
    Married: Aug 2013
    TTC since Aug 2013
    Charting since Feb 2013
    First doctor: Jan 2014 - May 2014: diagnosed with PCOS, progesterone pills, Femara & progesterone shots
    Second doctor: May 2014 - present: retested & dye test (told I am fine, but hubby has problem)
    100mg Clomid = too many follicles = no IUI, cysts from last cycle = no IUI
    four IUIs (last one cuz they wouldn't let me do IVF yet)
     IVF #1
  • Aw, @JR2013JR, I'm sorry to hear that you've also had some frustrating cancellations! :( Good luck to you!

Thank you so much everyone ❤️❤️❤️

Me & DH, early 30s
    Married 2008

We are PAIF-MFI

BabyFruit Ticker

All Welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"