December 2014 Moms

New and Question about lower abdominal pain...

Hi Ladies,
I usually lurk here so I know you ladies to be very helpful. I was hoping you can offer your experiences with an issue I've been having... About 2 days ago I started experiencing some lower abdominal pain and soreness. I just thought it was RLP, but when it lasted all night and into the morning I became concerned and called my doc. I went in yesterday and he checked my cervix, checked baby's heartbeat...everything was fine. He thought it could possibly be a bladder infection, but I tested negative on the rapid test - he's sending the urine culture to the lab anyway just in case. He told me it's just normal stretching of my uterus and ligaments, but this pain is persistent. I barely slept 1 hr last night I was so uncomfortable and it hurts! I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this "normal stretching pain" that has been so persistent, lasting days? If so, how did you find relief? I'm a FTM and no one I know has ever experienced this before... just hoping you ladies have some advice. Thanks!  

Re: New and Question about lower abdominal pain...

• I also meant to add, I'm 22w 2d. Thanks!
  • Welcome!  I have RLP, pelvic pain and just general soreness too..good times :)  I attribute it to all the stretching, shifting and growing that my body is doing!

Stretching, heating pads, walking (although its not fun at first, it helps) and trying not to stay in one position too long seems to help.  I also use a ton of pillows at night, either between my knees or underneath my belly to support it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 25 weeks and just starting to have this problem....and it's bad. There are times I have a hard time standing up straight when getting up from a sitting or laying position because my stomach muscles are aching so badly. I have found done comfy sleeping positions and lots of stretching help me the most-but it is not the most pleasant thing. Hope u ( and I) feel better soon!
  • Any history of fibroids?

Test
  • I had what sounds very similar to what your experiencing. I too thought it wasn't just RLP because everyone said it was like a sharp, snapping pain that went away quickly. Mine did not go away quickly and even if I wasn't feeling the sharp pain, a dull ache would remain. I went and got checked out too and all tests came back negative so doc said it was just RLP and normal stretching. Pains are different for everyone. Hope you feel better soon! Its no fun hurting :(
  • YrpYrp member
    I'm 23 weeks today & have been experiencing soreness as well. Almost feels like my pants are too right or I slept wrong. Either way, it comes & goes. Haven't contacted doctor but guessing it's everything just stretching and moving.
  • I have just general aches and pain in my lower abdomen too - I chalk it up to usual stretching and growing and maybe my previous c/s scar tissue stretching out. On top of the warm bath and other suggestions above, on days when I can't sleep because of the discomfort (and aching hips), I get into a modified child's pose and it really helps relieve some pain and pressure and stretches out the hips. Kind of like this, but no pillow under the belly: 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• @CandEChicago‌ Yes! I have 1 fibroid and it hasn't grown much so far. I've been lucky
  • CandEChicagoCandEChicago member
    edited August 2014
    @CandEChicago‌ Yes! I have 1 fibroid and it hasn't grown much so far. I've been lucky
    Did they check to see if it might be degenerating? Maybe ask them about that.  I was hospitalized around 18 weeks when I was dealing with some of that pain.  If they believe it is degenerating there are certain meds you can take while medically supervised. 

Edit:  They did a series of ultrasounds to confirm that the location of the pain coordinated with the location of the fibroid.  Hospital stay was also to rule out the potential of an appendix.  

Test
  • If you have been constipated at all, that can also cause lower abdominal pain. Take some miralax and see if "clearing out" helps at all.
  • Eora3 said:
    If you have been constipated at all, that can also cause lower abdominal pain. Take some miralax and see if "clearing out" helps at all.
    When I have gas pains I feel that in the front of my lower abdomen (not sure how, my intestines aren't there?). But yeah, it could be constipation or gas as well. 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• I will try everything! Thank you all so much for all of your suggestions!! I will ask my doc about the fibroid ASAP... For some reason, i didn't even think about that.
  • edited August 2014
    Hi yes with my first I developed round ligament pains that over time got worse and worse. I started feeling back pain and low abdominal pains aswell. Then one morning I woke up with excruciating pain and I couldn't move my legs to get out of bed. I rushed to the ER and was monitored for contractions. Finally after a kidney scan they found swelling in the area caused by infection. I was admitted where I was given IV tap and turned down pain meds. Luckily there were no stones but if I let it go the nurses say it could have developed and got much worse. Thankfully I caught the problem just in time. Even though it seems so minor it's always best to ask a doctor and double check to make sure and drink as much water as you can. Hopefully it's nothing but I would check in with your OB. Good luck.
  • I had this feeling too! For a while even, I'm 22 weeks 5 days. Turned out to be a UTI, so I'm hoping for relief soon!! Hang in there :) I was so confused about regular pains and something worse!
  • As a first time mom, I'm having the exact same thing. Went to doc and cervix was fine, baby was fine, no bladder infection. I'm 22 weeks and 2 days.

Do some stretches, get a belly support band, and rest.

I'm sure for me it's my fibroids and the extra weight and pressure of uterus and baby.

Enjoy the ride!
  • I had something similar mostly on my right side for a couple of days a few weeks ago. It ended up just being persistent RLP. Not fun to deal with at all. Tylenol helped, and I bought a belly band to hold my stomach off of my hips. That has helped both my belly and my back with some of the pain. 
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"