U to the O

13»

Re: U to the O

• Loading the player...
  • hmp1 said:
    Pokedot said:

I think this is ridiculous:

Pink Personalized Plate

Must everything have a name/monogram now? So stupid.

Oops

I would totally put a name plate on my stroller too.
    The little truck totally cute, but not the stroller @hmp1, not the stroller #-o

• I have an Ellie in my family.  Not Ella.  Ellie.  She was complaining to me on Sunday about the fact that there's never ANYTHING with her name on it.  At 9, it's a really big deal to her that her name is "weird."  

I think having personalized stuff is cute, but that's because there were never any MARISA things in the souvenir shops.  There were plenty of Marissa things, but no one s-ers.  Damn those people with 2 S's in their names!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• AlinnJo said:
    I find it annoying that someone on Facebook just asked if she could use someone's Sam's Club membership to buy something. If you don't have friends or family that you can personally call or ask, then you shouldn't ask people on Facebook whom you never really talk to. Annoying.

STUCK!
    I've seen people asking to buy food stamps... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• jenndub said:
    Pretty sure I didn't advise anyone to drop their pet at a shelter. In the example I provided, we rehomed to my best friend. And I was a kid, with a severely depressed dad, who I'm pretty sure would have rehomed me and my two brothers if he had the option. I think if you have a pet, you need to be responsible and not dump them at a shelter because they're an inconvenience. I also think, if someone is struggling with mental health issues, you need to do anything you can to put their needs first. Which includes the heartbreaking choice of sending your dog away because your dad can't handle it.
    I know you didn't--that's why I said rehoming is different.  But you did say "mental health is different than just getting sick of dealing with a pet" which is the sentiment I was disagreeing with when it comes to considering a shelter.  Because, to me, it's not.  Is it a real issue?  Absolutely.  Does it justify putting an animal down?  No.
  • I don't think it's a big deal for a kid to participate but I do agree that it's BS to just call out a two year old randomly.
  • hmp1 said:

MRoxy0628 said:

I'm going to act and dress as though it's summer until the first day of Fall. It's still pretty hot here in MN the first few weeks of September anyway.

Ha, we dress like summer until the first day of winter here in the south :)
    Everyone here is pulling their sweaters and boots out and it's 88 degrees!
  • Hyaline said:

jenndub said:

Pretty sure I didn't advise anyone to drop their pet at a shelter. In the example I provided, we rehomed to my best friend. And I was a kid, with a severely depressed dad, who I'm pretty sure would have rehomed me and my two brothers if he had the option. I think if you have a pet, you need to be responsible and not dump them at a shelter because they're an inconvenience. I also think, if someone is struggling with mental health issues, you need to do anything you can to put their needs first. Which includes the heartbreaking choice of sending your dog away because your dad can't handle it.

I know you didn't--that's why I said rehoming is different.  But you did say "mental health is different than just getting sick of dealing with a pet" which is the sentiment I was disagreeing with when it comes to considering a shelter.  Because, to me, it's not.  Is it a real issue?  Absolutely.  Does it justify putting an animal down?  No.
    I didn't mean to insinuate that mental health issues justify putting an animal down. I always think you should re home. I'm not in support of taking pets to a shelter under any circumstance. I guess I should have been more clear. I was trying to say that no one should feel guilty about giving their pet away (to a friend or other home) if they are dealing with a mental health issue.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • @BobKat22‌ My psychiatrist said that ppd can happen during pregnancy too and that he thought it had started with ds during it based on my description of my anxiety. It might be worth mentioning to the ob now to get in just to talk to someone. If you are worried about Dh, don't tell him yet. My Dh swore I was fine, but now regrets talking me out of getting help sooner.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MrsKipper said:
    MRoxy0628 said:
    I'm going to act and dress as though it's summer until the first day of Fall. It's still pretty hot here in MN the first few weeks of September anyway.
    Ha, we dress like summer until the first day of winter here in the south :)
    Everyone here is pulling their sweaters and boots out and it's 88 degrees!
    -------------- No thank you! I want to stay in my shorts and Rainbows as long as possible! I'm actually annoyed that Starbucks released PSL so early and I refuse to get one until after the first day of fall. And I really love pumpkin spice! Stop trying to make Fall happen!
    Preach! :)
  • @mnkate that's totally cute. I just don't get putting a license plate on a stroller. 

I had a license plate on my bike when I was younger. My name is popular with the 80's crowd and not spelled different so I never had a problem finding anything.  

• hmp1hmp1 member
    Pokedot said:

@mnkate that's totally cute. I just don't get putting a license plate on a stroller. 

I had a license plate on my bike when I was younger. My name is popular with the 80's crowd and not spelled different so I never had a problem finding anything.  

We frequent a couple places that you have to park your stroller and leave it (our main hiking path, an exhibit at the zoo). Having it labelled would be helpful especially if you have a common stroller like the City Mini.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"