November 2013 Moms
Options

S/O nursing at 9 mos

I saw a post on Facebook recently that was asking who are you thankful for, who has helped you by being a supportive partner in breastfeeding. I thought it was a really cool concept, since all breastfeeding moms need a lot of help.

I'll start! I'm of course thankful for my DH who listened to me complain all the time at the beginning, but just let me keep doing my thing.

And I'm thankful for my work colleagues for not thinking I was a crazy person for bringing DH and baby on a 3 day work conference earlier this month because I just couldn't stand the thought of going that long without nursing.
IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

Re: S/O nursing at 9 mos

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I need to thank my lactation consultant, AmyG, and you wonderful ladies.  Seriously, I have a few friends who BF'ed, but none of them had the issues starting out that I did.  Even DH saw how hard it was and was pushing me to quit and use formula.  Without the support I got from my LC and online team, I dont' think I would have lasted a month!  But now, here I am going strong at 9 months (even though we do have to supplement, as my supply has never been enough - it's still something)!

• Options
    88sharonlee88sharonlee member
    edited August 2014
    I think the LCs I saw that first week were really a huge part of me making BF work. I was in the hospital for 5 days after LO was born and actually transferred from one hospital to another when LO was sent to NICU for a day.

While that was hard, it meant I got to see two different LCs and have someone there helping me out for a lot longer than many women get when they go home after two days.

I'd also like to send a shout out to my DH for waiting on me while I spent the day on the couch breastfeeding, my friend Keri who's LO is two months older and she's still going strong, and this board and the breastfeeding board!
  • Options

CFox815 said:

Finnaroo said:

My mom mostly. When I was freaking out about getting B off the shield (because everyone was saying it needed to be done yesterday) and frustrating both of us in the process, my mom was the one who said that that's what allowed her to eat, and if it worked, then use it.

DH was a big help in making sure I had a water or bringing me stuff to eat, too. BF still makes me really thirsty.

And our pedi, for saying that I was doing a great job at a time when I really needed to hear it because again, nipple shield.

Other than that, I've mostly just been left to wing it. I've BF longer than any of my friends and most of my family. My sister BF my nephew for 15 months, but I'm hardly going to ask her for advice.

Yes! I love when I am nursing and my husband brings in a bottle of water. So sweet.

Also, is AmyG* still around? The stupid asterisk won't let me tag her.

@CFox815 She's back, but she sticks to the BFing board, from what I can tell.  I think those nasty bitches in one/some of the 2014 BMBs ran her off.

Wasn't it the April bmb?

• Options
    Great thread! If it wasn't for the LC on day 2, and great nursing staff I could have easily given up. Also, DH was super supportive and encouraging. It was also helpful to have the breastfeeding board and you ladies for troubleshooting and ongoing encouragement.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"