January 2013 Moms
Options

Switching to a booster seat...

Have any of you switched from the high chair to a booster?

DD is still ok in a high chair, but eats better outside of it. When she snacks in the livingroom, she's definitely eating more.

Any tips if you've made the transition?
Our little Samosa arrives in January!

Re: Switching to a booster seat...

• Options
    Our high chair is the kind that straps on to the seat so it was easy-peasy for us. When she started using plates regularly, most of her plates didn't fit on the damn tray so I said screw it, let's just put her up to the table. She didn't even notice and it was a lot easier for me. I say just go for it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @martha919‌ we have the same kind! Thanks for the encouragement! ☺️
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lol. Honestly, I think if there's food somewhere in front of her, she won't even notice. They're animals. ;-)
  • Options
    We switched DS a few months ago. He eats so much better when he is sitting at the table with us. I bought a Tommie tippie (sp?) plate because it has a mat that the plate suctions to and prevents the plate from sliding around. The plate slipping on the table was the only issue he had with the transition. GL!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Options
    We just started to move DS over to a booster seat at the table in the last week. Be prepared that once they start to like sitting there, they won't go back to the high chair easily. At least that is what happened for us. I tried to put DS in his high chair yesterday morning for breakfast bc it would be easier for me to get things done in the kitchen---but he refused and actually climbed out (we didn't strap him in typically). He loves his booster seat and climbs up into it and tries to buckle himself in. I think that I might be doing a deep cleaning on the high chair this weekend and adding it to the huge pile of baby stuff that is stored in my basement till the next kid. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    We did, and they LOVE it! Our regular table is still a bit too high for them to eat off of, so we still use the lap trays, primarily. Like PP, when I do anything that looks like food prep, they're running to the chairs and pulling them out and trying to climb into them. This is great -- except when it's not close to meal time and then they're furious about what they assumed was another impending face-stuffing moment...
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We had to.  DS was refusing to be placed in his high chair.  But his highchair converts to a booster so it was an easy switch.  Eventhough it is the same seat, just strapped to a chair instead of attached to the frame, he loves it and I'm pretty sure it is because he can climb in and out by himself.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We moved to a booster months ago. Meal time has been such a challenge with out picky eater. 2 weeks ago he climbed up on his own chair and ate his whole meal. Now he sits on his own chair and meal time is so easy... He just wanted some independence.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"