Baby Showers

Daddy Survival Kit

My sisters are throwing a baby shower for all of our family members to attend.  I would like to have a daddy survival kit for my husband.  I need something cute to put in the invitation about the kit and ideas of what to bring.  I was hoping for a poem or something like that but am having no luck.  Has anyone done something like that?

Re: Daddy Survival Kit

• It isn't gifts for just him, it is in addition to the baby shower.  And it wouldn't be me asking for gifts, it is something to go along with the baby shower invitation.
  • So, you are saying it is tacky asking for guests to bring an item for the daddy survival kit?
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been to other showers where they did this and it was so cute and fun! I don't understand why you are saying it is a bad idea???
  • Is this like where they fill something with candy and small "humorous" knickknacks that will probably get thrown away within a week?

The only thing my DH needed in a Daddy Survival Kit was the ability to have a beer now and then.  I buy that from the grocery store.

Save the idea for Father's Day or his birthday where you can fill it with items he will actually use.

And don't dictate what your guests should bring.  Allow them to bring what they want to bring to celebrate the arrival of the baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MrsMuq said:

I mentioned earlier - I gave MH a "daddy survival kit" - I bought him a more "manly" diaper bag and filled it with baby gear, and a few of his favorite snacks, for when he took DS out.

That's what I did too. We had registered for two diaper bag (one for each of us) and someone generously gave us the one that I picked out. He said we could share and didn't need to spend the extra money, but I could tell he wasn't thrilled with mine (it's a wee bit girly). So, I surprised him with the other one and filled it with the most "manly" supplies I could find (which doesn't say much, but at least it wasn't all pink or pastels). He liked it, and I didn't have to ask others for it. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• I have been to other showers where they did this and it was so cute and fun! I don't understand why you are saying it is a bad idea???
    Because you're assuming that your guests can afford or want to buy multiple gifts for your shower. They are called "guests" for a reason. You should accommodate their own preferences for what they want to give you or dad, not the other way around.
  • I don't think it is a good idea to do. If you want to make that for him specifically- have at it but I wouldnt request it of your guests.

My Aunt made her son a "daddy survival apron" that was stuffed with tongs, wipes, a mask etc. It was more of a gag gift but super cute. Maybe you could do something like that so he can wear it at the shower? 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  •  
    So, you are saying it is tacky asking for guests to bring an item for the daddy survival kit?

Yes.  Totally and completely tacky. 

You can't dictate how people spend their money, which is exactly what this idea is - along with book showers, diaper raffles and wishing wells.

If you think it's a cute idea, you can go right ahead and make one for your DH.  You shouldn't expect your guests to participate in this stupid idea.

Advice is always free.  If you want something to hand to your DH after the shower, ask your guests to write some parenting advice for you and DH and make a little scrapbook you can give him. 

My mom had guests complete a "Wishes for Baby" list and put them in a scrapbook for me, where I have also kept all of the cards from the shower and DD's birthday parties.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"