2nd Trimester

2nd Tri symptoms

I was happy when I reached 14 weeks and the fatigue, headaches, and general ickiness subsided.  But now I just don't feel as pregnant at all - my breasts don't seem as full, I don't get up to to go the bathroom in the middle of the night, etc.  Anyone else experiencing this as normal?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 2nd Tri symptoms

• I've barely had symptoms my entire pregnancy, but symptoms come and go. I did have a small break of having to pee multiple times a night around that time, but ramped back up full force by the 16th week again. Nothing to worry about, every pregnancy is different.
  • My 'not feeling pregnant' lasted about a week. I started throwing up at week 16 and sometimes still get carsick or nauseous if I go a long time without eating. I've also had terrible headaches that come and go along with hot flashes and insatiable hunger! I'm 23 weeks and showing and absolutely feeling pregnant!
  • Loading the player...
  • Its normal. But not for me heartburn started as soon as I stopped puking ever 10 min.
  • Don't jinx yourself, honey. If you aren't feeling any side effects, I think you should be counting your blessings instead of worrying. Why not enjoy it??!

• Many of my first tri symptoms are gone (morning sickness, breast tenderness, excessive sleepiness)  BUT they have been replaced by terrible back pain, headaches, round ligament pain, crazy crying fits for no reason among others. All together I feel pretty good, and most of the pain i've grown used to so I do understand what you mean when you say you aren't feeling pregnant. Besides getting the pressure in my lower abdomen every now and then I really dont "feel" pregnant either...especially since with anterior placenta I haven't felt baby yet (I'm 20wks). Don't be too discouraged...baby will let you know its there pretty soon one way or another.
  • @kelsz12‌ , this! I am fatigued and nauseous and throwing up on occasion. That is new! RLP seems gone, but now I have cramping daily, and added back aches yesterday which makes me concerned for preterm labor and that leads to crying at work :-(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • TashaPlusNikaTashaPlusNika member
    edited August 2014

Once the baby kicks come in (usually by 20-22 weeks), you'll feel plenty pregnant! 

Then there's the general physical discomfort that kicks in because you have something increasingly larger by the week living inside you. You're still very early on, so it's normal not to be uncomfortable, frankly, the baby is still tiny and once the placenta starts doing its job and the morning sickness subsides, it's a pretty calm day at sea, until something else replaces the discomfort.

Boobs are all different, you may not feel 'full' until you start leaking many weeks from now, and you may not start leaking at all, actually, until you have the baby, there's really no norm there. Don't worry so much, you'll be big and uncomfortable and feeling -very- pregnant in no time. 

TTC #2

Cycle 1:   (January/February)                            Cycle 2:  (February/March)

O - CD17                                                     O - CD15
    IB @ 11dpo                                                            11dpo-13dpo spotting
    BFP @ 12dpo (late pm)                         AF CD28 (late 13dpo)                     
    13dpo = positive fading all day
    14dpo beta = 7.2
    AF CD32 - Confirmed Chemical Pregnancy

CYCLE 3 (March/April) 
    O - CD19 
    8DPO - Faint BFP on Wondfo
    9DPO - Neg. on FRER
    11 DPO - BFP FRER
    14 DPO - Beta 123
    17 DPO - 784, yay! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was so happy to read this I am 17 weeks and this past week I have felt the loss of symptoms too..I mean i still get heartburn but the first 3 months i really felt pregnant with the morning sickness and the breasts swelling etc..I just cant seem to shake this anxiety...having to wait 3 weeks for the doctors appt is totally agonizing for me. Everyone says the 2nd trimester is supposed to be the highlight of the pregnancy but all i feel is anxiety. I'm really trying not to stress out but its so difficult I don't know how other women do it. I'm already a worrier and I one day got carried away with looking up 2nd trimester miscarriages and it was the worst thing I could have done. I feel bad for my husband because he doesn't know how to help and I just want to try to enjoy this and embrace what ever is meant to be...but its hard...
  • I definitely felt like I wasn't pregnant for a while. I didn't have much morning sickness, and I've yet to get heart burn. I only get charlie horses every once in a while. If it weren't for the baby kicking Id question my pregnancy haha. Everyone's different of course, but its nice to know some of us are feeling the same symptoms or lack there of.
  • I know I'm a bit late to this thread but I am 16 weeks tomorrow and am feeling the same anxiety as you are describing. Besides some cramping every now and then and bloating I don't feel pregnant. Not like I did in the first trimester at least. I keep nagging my husband with questions like, "how do I know she's okay in there?" I know I sound like a broken record but it worries me. Like many of the other women have said, I know that I'll start to feel some movement within the next couple weeks and will even get to hear her heart beat at my next doc appt in two weeks but boy is it hard not to stress! 
  • I'm only 11 weeks and everything you're describing sounds exactly how I fell! Ib thought I was crazy.
  • I can never wrap my head around the no symptoms panic.  With DD I had almost no symptoms and I was all, "THIS IS FUCKING AMAZING I LOVE MAKING BABIES!".  I took it one day at a time and enjoyed every barf free day.  

I never once looked at my friend who vomited if she so much as though about food and said to my self, "why am I not doing that is something wrong with me?! 

Repeat after me, "every pregnancy is different.  Symptoms or lack of them do not indicated a healthy/unhealthy pregnancy.  I will unclench, stop driving my loved ones crazy and enjoy my pregnancy.  When it's over, I will want to kick myself for allowing fear and worry to consume me."
  • Here's another new one for me as of this weekend--crotch sweat! I know that is TMI but seriously, it is hot as hades here and the first two places on me to start sweating are my underarms and lady bits. This is just not fun or funny anymore...like I've said over and over again, come on, fall!
  • This is why they say the 2nd tri is the easiest. Enjoy the break.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"