November 2014 Moms

Shower hostess gifts

Pretty sure we've discussed previously but I suck at searching. Anyways, we are getting closer to baby shower time and some ladies already have had them. What, if anything, are you giving as a hostess gift?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Shower hostess gifts

• The grandmas are hosting my shower so I just got them each a cute picture frame and DH is going to bring them flowers when he shows up at the end of my shower.  I may get them a "Grandma's brag book" too. 

• I just got my mom flowers and a card and DH and I took her out for a nice dinner when she was in town. Probably will do something similar for MIL after our second shower in September.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure yet. My MIL and SIL are hosting my shower and I'd like to do something nice for them, but I can't decide what. I may just end up ordering them flowers and call it a day.
  • LilwatzLilwatz member
    edited August 2014
    I had 4 friends throw me a shower together.  I wrote them each long thank you notes expressing in details the beauty I see in them in our friendship (I am big on heartfelt words) and I gave them each a Godiva chocolate set.  I told them I wanted to get them something sweet for being so sweet.

ETA: I just attended a shower where the mom-to-be arrived with a pretty houseplant for the hostess.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm making a zippered makeup case for each of our moms since they are cohosting the shower. Trying to figure out something to go with it, and looking for something to include for our dads since I'm sure they'll be doing some of the manual labor/setup. Etsy has do many ideas its hard to narrow it down!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm not having a shower this time, but for DS1, I gave gift cards in the amount of like $25 to my hostesses.  I picked stores I know they like.  One shower was hosted by two of my mom's friends and my sister, and the other shower was given to me by my 3 sisters in law.  They all put a lot of time and money into it, so I figured $25 was the least I could spend. 

• Not having a shower this time but with my showers last time I got different things for each shower. For my family shower I got each of my SILs pandora charms. It was at one of their mom's house so I also got her a candle and candle holder for letting them host it there.
    For my husband's family I got my MIL a grandkids frame with pictures of her grandkids and DDs ultrasound. Plus a bath and body works basket. For my sil I got her a bath and body works basket. They both love the stuff but won't buy it for themselves.
    For the church shower, I just sent a general thank you note to the church and individual ones for each gift.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a Mary Kay consultant and my friend who is doing mine pretty much begged for her gift to be product lol. So that's doable :).
  • My best friend is hosting so I am getting her a Pandora bracelet with the best friend charm. she has been wanting a bracelet and her hubby hasn't gotten her one yet so the can get the ball rolling for her for Christmas.
  • My two BFFs are hosting so I'll be getting each of them a bracelet or earrings off Etsy that fit their style. They've put so much work into this (down to handmade invites) that I want to get them something nice.
    Baby girl N born 10/29/14!

**Follow your heart, but take your brain with you**

• aa98aa98 member
    I'm trying to figure this out too.  I actually had a question for the STMs, do you give the hostesses the gift at the baby shower itself or do you wait until after it's over?

Two friends and my mom are hosting together (that way I only have to have one combined shower).  One of my friends loves wine, so I'll make her a wine basket with a bottle or two of wine, maybe a fancy wine opener, wine charms if I find any like, maybe some nice crackers and spread.  For the second friend, I can't decide between an all chocolate basket or a champagne/sparkling wine and chocolate basket (she isn't a heavy wine drinker).  For my mom, I wanted to get her a nice tri frame with pics of the grandkids (my niece and nephew) and this little one.  I wanted to have it engraved with names and DOB so if I do this, it will have to wait awhile.  If I give the gifts at the shower, I'll have to do something different for my mom.  Keep the suggestions coming!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Our first!!!

• I'm getting my MIL a Pandora Charm and I got my mom a necklace with the November birthstone :-)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wow. I didnt even think of this! Kari is hosting mine, the lady I work for. I feel like I should get her somethif nice because I'm living with her and she's having my room done for me.
    Baby "H" due November 7
    Fur mommy to Layla
    June 25, 2012image
  • I love getting hosts things they might use again to host since most hosts do it often and it's not something most people by themselves. Mudpie makes adorable (and affordable!) gifts for the perfect hostess from napkin holders to serving ware and other cute items. I used them for some of my wedding showers too and got rave reviews! Nice kitchen towels, bottles of wine and cutting boards are always an easy staple.
  • kemb0001kemb0001 member
    edited August 2014

My cousin is hosting my first shower, so I purchased her an Alex & Ani bracelet (she loves those) with a bangle that reads "Thank you".

My sister and mom are hosting my second shower and I also purchased them an Alex & Ani bracelet.  Their's reads "Nana" and "Aunt".  I figure this is more personal and something they will use!

BabyName Ticker
  • I got each of eight hostesses a hand soap from bath and body works.
    I'm a first-time mom in Lawrence, KS. My EDD is Nov. 7, 2014. Not exactly ready but beyond ecstatic to be expecting!

• Thanks for all the suggestions! These ideas are great! I decided I will make pampering yourself gift baskets. 2/4 hosts will get shower/nail/facial type items because they love that and the other two will get fancy chocolates and other edible tasty treats or wine.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I did the ALEX AND ANI bracelets!  (grandmother)  my mom and mother-in-law are hosting the shower and they bother love those bracelets!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"