September 2012 Moms

Wednesday Words

I'm back at Social Services for the day. Three clients, so probably another all day affair.

Entertain me. What's everyone up to?

Re: Wednesday Words

• Loading the player...
  • This ice bucket challenge thing is making it's way to my inner circle. DH got nominated by two people last night. I am not even doing it. I don't care if I'm a poor sport. He is doing it but I threatened him bodily harm if he nominates me.

It was going around my inner circles like crazy when I was pregnant. My only thought was if I get nominated I'm just going to laugh at the person and pay up. There was no way I was dumping ice on my giant pregnant self!

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have completely forgotten how much CRAZY there is in a new BMB. I can't keep up!

My first appointment is in a week and I'm FREAKING OUT. trying to stay positive, but it's really hard. 

The ice bucket thing is getting a little close here too. My H and I said we will just donate the money! I'm ok with that. 

We lost power yesterday due to a storm and my H and I were in bed by 10 because we didn't have anything to do! That makes me kinda sad. But it was a crazy night because we have my parents Great Dane too, and having 3 Great Danes in the house makes things slightly hectic. Especially when they are being territorial. 
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • One Great Dane in the house was crazy enough for me!! You're brave!

Anniversary

• This morning I've had nothing but weird student programs.  Not weird students, just oddball problems. I've also been very productive--I got our baptism for baby boy tentatively scheduled, got in for a pedicure with my Mom on Saturday and have all the stuff I still need for the baby in my Target cart.  Stupid me forgot the $200+ in gift cards on my dresser, but that's ok.  

Is there anything I need for a 2nd kid that I didn't need for a first?  I still have all the bath stuff, blankets, etc.  I did buy new nipples for the bottles and we have an obscene stash of diapers, but in terms of "stuff" is there anything I should be buying?  Also, my A&A blankets are the girl ones.  Is it horrible that I don't want to spend the $30 and buy new ones so I'm just going to use them?  He'll never know the difference anyway!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• This ice bucket challenge thing is making it's way to my inner circle. DH got nominated by two people last night. I am not even doing it. I don't care if I'm a poor sport. He is doing it but I threatened him bodily harm if he nominates me.
    Our son got nominated by a friend, so now the people that he nominated (it was 100% his choice!) are paying us back.  DH & I both got nominated.

We're donating as well as doing the challenge, but I figure if my 4yo is brave enough to do it, I can suck it up.  

I can promise you that I'll be nominating the Mom of the girl who nominated Brody though!!  I was hoping to avoid this.  :)

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• This morning I've had nothing but weird student programs.  Not weird students, just oddball problems. I've also been very productive--I got our baptism for baby boy tentatively scheduled, got in for a pedicure with my Mom on Saturday and have all the stuff I still need for the baby in my Target cart.  Stupid me forgot the $200+ in gift cards on my dresser, but that's ok.  

Is there anything I need for a 2nd kid that I didn't need for a first?  I still have all the bath stuff, blankets, etc.  I did buy new nipples for the bottles and we have an obscene stash of diapers, but in terms of "stuff" is there anything I should be buying?  Also, my A&A blankets are the girl ones.  Is it horrible that I don't want to spend the $30 and buy new ones so I'm just going to use them?  He'll never know the difference anyway!
    The only additional stuff we bought for the second was new nipples, pacis (he took a different kind), and a few "boy" things. I used the pink blankets, pink bathtub and everything at home. I just bought a couple of blankets for when we go out so people didn't assume he was a girl.

• @MarisaKathleen‌ I used a lot of Nola's baby blankets for a while. He uses so much pink stuff now and it's whatevs. We're slowly getting more boy stuff but you use what ya got!

Anniversary

• B is going through a growth spurt like whoa. The kid ate a whole banana, 6 pieces of cantalope, 8 pieces of watermelon and a slice of raisin toast, plus milk. He's talking up a storm too. Basically from 4:30 when I pick him up until 9pm bed he doesn't stop. Its hilarious! I'm in denial that my child is turning 2 in less than a month. ;(

DH starts a 2 week off stretch tonight at 6pm. I'm so incredibly jealous. I might need to take some time off next week for an extra long weekend.

The only additional stuff we bought for the second was new nipples, pacis (he took a different kind), and a few "boy" things. I used the pink blankets, pink bathtub and everything at home. I just bought a couple of blankets for when we go out so people didn't assume he was a girl.

all our stuff was gender neutral. I really didn't buy anything for Colby. I didn't even set up the PnP until he came home from the hospi

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • I am having issues at work with filling a position. I have been battling it for 2wks now...im throwing in the towel and letting the union that reps my staff deal with it. I am also ticked at the district because they brought someone in to oversee my program and shes all high on her horse telling me how to run the show....she was only here maybe 6-8x last school year. she doesn't know how often my staff calls out or how things run....im ready to EXPLODE on someone.

I just wish the state would release lists I need to complete a portion of my job so I do not have to fret about it next week when I have deliveries coming in all week.

• DH was nominated for the ice bucket challenge last night by one of his fraternity brothers and he just donated the money (granted he wont be home tonight b/c he has 3 softball games to do it) but it seem to be no fun for not wanting to dump a bucket of ice on his head (althought maybe that is just my secret desire to dump a bucket of ice on his head! haha).  I think DS is going to be disappointed he quite enjoyed watching the videos of the other guys....
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Pokedot said:

B is going through a growth spurt like whoa. The kid ate a whole banana, 6 pieces of cantalope, 8 pieces of watermelon and a slice of raisin toast, plus milk. He's talking up a storm too. Basically from 4:30 when I pick him up until 9pm bed he doesn't stop. Its hilarious! I'm in denial that my child is turning 2 in less than a month. ;(

DH starts a 2 week off stretch tonight at 6pm. I'm so incredibly jealous. I might need to take some time off next week for an extra long weekend.

________

On a typical weekend morning L eats 1 - 2 fried eggs, a slice of breakfast meat (bacon, small sausage patty, etc), half a slice of bread, and a banana. Then she eats a yogurt and some peas/broccoli for a snack a couple hours later. It is amazing how much food she will eat.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • I was on a work trip to and from NYC yesterday. I am exhausted today. I forgot how much I hate traveling for work, especially with clients/colleagues. I was 'on' from 6am to 10pm last night. That is a long time to not even be able to blow your nose - ha!

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • In today's edition of "PA shit my MiL posts on FB": "the couples that are meant to be are the ones who go through everything that is meant to tear them apart and come out stronger"

• In today's edition of "PA shit my MiL posts on FB": "the couples that are meant to be are the ones who go through everything that is meant to tear them apart and come out stronger"
    I found this for you in case you'd like to post this.
    Maybe she'd get the hint then....

I literally just LOLed! Perfect!

• hmp1hmp1 member
    BobKat22 said:
    The petting zoo/pony person called to confirm yesterday. She ended the convo with "your total is $200 and tips are greatly appreciated." I'm paying this bitch $200/hr. How much more does she want? What do you tip someone like that? I'm annoyed she brought up a tip in the first place. Maybe because we went to high school together and I've never liked her, I don't know.
    I think it is incredibly tacky to mention a tip, but I would have given a tip if the service was good. I think anyone providing a service for an event is tip worthy.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

i told DH if he nominated me i would delete his video by "accident" and make him do it again. I ended up getting nominated by someone else so that was pointless.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• hmp1hmp1 member

Take a look around her room and see what you still use that you would need in the other nursery. Like I bought a second sound machine because James still uses his. Nose Frida, or I think you said you are a bulb girl and they give those at the hospital. I didn't have a second shower but when I had Leo, people gave me gifts and I ended up with a lot of new blankets. I also stocked up on a few things that I ended up liking with James that I didn't have a lot of at the time. Like I only had one Woombie so I bought a couple more.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• @marissakathleen - Pacifier?  We bought new ones for Aedan (which he never used, but we obviously didn't anticipate that...) and we bought a second sound machine for the same reason HMP mentioned.

Otherwise we stocked up on a couple more of the bigger blankets since Brody still takes them to daycare each week, it was nice to have a few extra during the spit up stage.

And there is no way I would buy new A&A blankets because they're girly.  I have two boys, yet I have a pink high chair and a pink bathtub.  They didn't have the boy version at the time, so my boys get pink.  We also would have a girl potty seat if Brody had gotten his way (it was Dora), but they don't come with the splash guard necessary for little boys.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Thanks ladies. :-)

Nancy never used a pacifier, so I still have a whole little basket of them that we'll try with #2.  I have a 2nd sound machine in my cart and I was going to just move the changing pad downstairs to the baby's room, but Nancy still uses hers in the morning and before bath and has a thing with it so I just spent the $18 on a new one.  Totally fine with that.

I have 1 swaddle me left...I figured if this guy likes it then I'll pick up 1 or 2 more after we know.  I suppose it'll be trial and error again just like it was the first time!  I can't be the only one who ran to target like every other day for the first couple weeks of their baby's life right? ;-)

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Got to the pool only to realize I forgot my wallet. Luckily we only live 10 min away.
  • smb+jab said:
    DH was nominated for the ice bucket challenge last night by one of his fraternity brothers and he just donated the money (granted he wont be home tonight b/c he has 3 softball games to do it) but it seem to be no fun for not wanting to dump a bucket of ice on his head (althought maybe that is just my secret desire to dump a bucket of ice on his head! haha).  I think DS is going to be disappointed he quite enjoyed watching the videos of the other guys....
    After I ran my mouth a little, one of H's fraternity brothers nominated me yesterday. I've since gotten 3 reminders of how much time I have left to complete my challenge. It's pouring rain here today... does standing outside for a few minutes count?!?
  • I donated and did the ice bucket challenge last night. Emma did it with me. And holy shit, it was freezing! We used a huge bucket and put an entire bag of ice in it. DH had to lift it for us.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Ah! I have three days to get all that stuff I was going to do before school starts done. At least ds got into a kindergarten yesterday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • And I have a complaint about Barnes&Noble. I ran in last night because I incorrectly remembered preordering a book from Amazon and was very sad when it didn't arrive. BN.com had the book for $18.02, only fifty cents or so more than Amazon and a pick up in store option. Great except the in store price was $28, which is company policy. Growl! Dumb policy. Now I'm waiting for Amazon to bring it instead. Where is my mail?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My sister nominted me.  I am so annoyed.  I will probably not do it but will donate.  UGH.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Please tell me I'm not the only one that opens every thread just to get that little yellow flag To go away. I feel weird posting in the ttc thread but I hate the flag!

I do that too!
  • Please tell me I'm not the only one that opens every thread just to get that little yellow flag To go away. I feel weird posting in the ttc thread but I hate the flag!
    Every thread. Always. I hate that damn yellow flag. I seriously cannot move on from the board until they are all clear. That is the main reason I don't hang out on Parenting much - it moves too fast. Too many flags. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Based on my last 3 walk ins, I want to add a slide to my prezi orientation that says "DON'T BREAK THE FRICKING LAW."

Honestly.  There are certain things that are automatic denials for nursing clinical sites in this part of Wisconsin.

Theft is a big one.....battery, & assault are other big ones...Possession, drugs, etc, also not good.  3 DUIs by the time you're 24?  Yea....that's probably not going to work in your favor.

Honestly.  It's the day before school starts.  None of this was a priority before today?!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• harti09 said:

I cried at the audiologist this morning. It was not one of my finer moments. The kids didn't even get to do their exam. DS had such and epic freak out, he was hyperventilating and clawing at me to get away. DD was upset her brother was upset. It was horrible.

It didn't help that the audiologist kept saying 'developmental delay' and giving me this look of pity. I seriously lost count of how many times she said it. She had the referral from developmental pediatrics and a write up obviously, but it was the way she said it that rubbed me the wrong way.

So, I had to reschedule. DS has to have two audiologists at this next attempt. If he can't handle it again, he'll have to be sedated because they'll have to hook him up to electrodes. Ugh. I know we'll end up there.

I don't like this. It's part of the process we have to take going into speech therapy and figuring things out, but it sucks.
    Oh, that sounds awful. It's so hard to get through medical stuff with kids this age. I hope it goes better next time.
  • harti09 said:
    I cried at the audiologist this morning. It was not one of my finer moments. The kids didn't even get to do their exam. DS had such and epic freak out, he was hyperventilating and clawing at me to get away. DD was upset her brother was upset. It was horrible.

It didn't help that the audiologist kept saying 'developmental delay' and giving me this look of pity. I seriously lost count of how many times she said it. She had the referral from developmental pediatrics and a write up obviously, but it was the way she said it that rubbed me the wrong way.

So, I had to reschedule. DS has to have two audiologists at this next attempt. If he can't handle it again, he'll have to be sedated because they'll have to hook him up to electrodes. Ugh. I know we'll end up there.

I don't like this. It's part of the process we have to take going into speech therapy and figuring things out, but it sucks.

that sounds truly awful. I'm so sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"