January 2013 Moms
Options

TTC after the pill - do you have to wait?

This seems like a dumb question since I already have a little one, but are you supposed to wait a few cycles after stopping the pill to TTC for safety reasons? We have been planning to start TTC after I finish this pill pack, but I was just reading a book that recommended waiting a few cycles because you're otherwise at risk of miscarriage or other complications. Has anybody heard this from a reliable source, like their doctor? With DD we did stop the pill a couple months before trying, but it was only because I wanted the best chance of getting pregnant right away, and I know it can take a few cycles to normalize.

Other than that, I'm excited to join the TTC ranks in a few weeks!

Re: TTC after the pill - do you have to wait?

• Options
    My OBGYN told me this past February that when we decided to TTC to finish up the pack I am on and go for it. Personally, with DS I stopped my pills for two cycles before TTC. We are doing the same thing this time around. I just feel better knowing that all the hormones and stuff are back to normal and my cycle gets back to it's own cycle. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had been on the pill for 12 years.  My OB told me it might take up to 6 months for my hormones to regulate so I got off early and to my surprise my next period was like clockwork.  

We decided to try the next month and it took ONE TIME of BIO and we made DD.  So I think it depends on your body.  I was regular before I was ever on the pill so i think that helped - I have some friends that went on the pill to help regulate their cycles and that they had more difficulty off the pill afterwards, if that helps. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I never got my period after going off the pill.  It took two years, several Dr's, lots of drugs, herbs, and $1000s to finally get me cycling again, and another year after that to finally conceive DS, so I don't have great things to say about the pill and TTC after discontinuing it.  My BFF had the same issues I had, and she's finally expecting after 5 years of TTC.  My sister on the other hand, conceived the first cycle after stopping the pill twice, and she had wonderful pregnancies, so I don't know what the actual statistics are, but you're going to find people on both sides of the fence.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"