December 2013 Moms

bad mommy moment.

We were eating dinner at my mom's and lo started screaming crying....Couldn't calm her down. I asked mom to put in Mickey mouse....she decides to put on paw patrol for my other 2 monkeys. I swear to you I didn't mean it that way, but I said I don't care about the other two (want to want to watch, lo needs a distraction )...i was taking a bite of my food and didn't finish. I feel like craps now. My kids probably thinks I don't care about them and I completlysaid it the wrong way. That's my bad mommy moment of the day and I Will be waking up early to making them pancakes to make up for it.
It's those comments that stick in a kids mind. Hopefully they won't remember it. I think I beating my self up over it more than anything.

Re: bad mommy moment.

• What? I'm super confused.
  • Loading the player...
  • How old are your other two kids? Don't beat yourself up too badly, we all slip and say dumb things sometimes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • dupedupe member
    6 and 4. I made a comment that I shouldn't have and kicking myself in the butt bc of how it sounded when it came out.
  • I get what you meant I think.  " I don't care about the other two" were the only words that came out of your mouth, whereas your intended whole scentence was meant to be " I don't care what the other two want to watch."

At their ages, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Don't beat yourself up. I've had my share of slips.

My 2 December boys

• If they are supposed to be eating they shouldn't need a distraction and I totally get distracting LO while you are eating. Sponge bob comes on all the time at dinner time in my house!

But I doubt they will remember that. Don't be sad!

• Meh, it's not like you stood over them, pointed your finger at them and said I DONT CARE ABOUT YOU. If that's the worst thing you ever unintentionally say within earshot of your kids I think you are in good shape

"Dont fucking ever come out your face talking shit like that" -SG 1/12/2014

• dupedupe member
    It doesn't seem to be bothering them. Thanks ladies. Sorry for not writing it out clearly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"