December 2013 Moms
Options

If you ever won the lottery.....

sweetsyrupsweetsyrup member
edited August 2014 in December 2013 Moms
So today was pretty craptastic at work. I spent the afternoon fantasizing about what I would do if I won the lottery. So I figured I'd ask the pretty bumpies the same question for shits and giggles!

What are the first three things you would do if you win the lottery tomorrow!? (and I mean like megamillions........)

Re: If you ever won the lottery.....

• Options
    1. I would quit my job (but don't know if I would still work out my 30 day notice...I probably would because the residents come first in my mind).

2. I would go buy the farm we've been looking at...but haven't bought because the house sucks. Then I would go get a bunch of animals (goats, sheep, beef cattle, move my horses up, chickens, dogs, more cats....the whole deal).

3. I would donate money to my hs and college band programs. Music needs more funding....and it's responsible for pretty much all of my friends and making me who I am!
  • Options
    @SailorTink‌ - H works for NRCS and has a love of wetlands and their preservation! What was your thesis about!?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1) buy a house with a big yard

2) quit my job

3) have more babies and adopt a shelter dog for each baby.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1. Pay off mortgage
    2. Invest a bunch
    3. Travel the world
  • Options
    bty19bty19 member
    edited August 2014
    1:Pay off our mortgages
    2:Help out my Dad so he can quit his job that he hates so very much
    3:Help out some other immediate family members
    4:Buy our forever home
    5:F off for a long while 
    6:Invest

ETA: I just read first 3........damnit.

Guess 1 still stands, then 2, then 4.....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

@SailorTink‌ - H works for NRCS and has a love of wetlands and their preservation! What was your thesis about!?

I used carbon and nitrogen isotopes, lipid biomarkers, and sedimentary geochemistry to determine the effects of human land use and landfill pollution on Kawainui Marsh, Oahu. It's actually a cause hitting the news on the island if you want to nerd it up: https://www.civilbeat.com/2014/08/clash-over-states-kawainui-marsh-plan-divides-kailua/

If I had the means, I'd race back over there to keep working on it!

ETA: another link about just the marsh and preservation plans... https://www.hhf.com/kawainui/purpose.html

That looks like a beautiful place. My goodness. I can see why preservation is so important for the area. I'll have to show H the article when he gets home this weekend. He's currently in North Dakota learning about how they do their no-till and some apparently interesting land management techniques where they can support multiple families on 160 acres of farm land using non typical cover crops. He says it's what we're going to do on our farm (when we win the lottery of course).
  • Options
    1. Quit my job, after telling everyone what I truly think of them.

2. Pay off all of my bills and help out my family.

3. Build my dream home.
  • Options
    1. Make DH quit his job.

2. Invest most of the money.

3. Take a trip around the world for a year.
  • Options
    1. Buy a house.
    2. Pay off debt. Invest and give some money to family members.
    3. Travel
  • Options
    1. Debt
    2. Invest, college funds for girls etc
    3. Dream home, cars etc

Plus
    4. Charity
    5. Help family
    6. Travel

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1. Buy a new house
    2. Buy my parents a condo near the new house so they can live near us for part of the year.
    3. Open a bunch of accounts. Some for long term investments, some for short term investments and some for travel/fun money.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. Pay off our house
    2. Put away a shit load of money so our LO and any future kids can go to school
    3. Put some into savings and some into a vacation account so we can do some couple and family vacations!
  • Options
    1. Buy a dream home on the water with a dock and boat
    2. Invest in LO's future
    3. Have another baby
  • Options
    JRT512JRT512 member
    edited August 2014
    We think about this all the time!
    1. invest half of it and set up trusts
    2. 1/4 to charities (more of the invested $ will go to charity down the road)
    3. 1/4 spend! fix up our house and put in a pool, payoff all student loans and mortgage, help out family members, and a stadium suite for UT football games. I would also hire a trainer to get my ass back in shape!

Eta: numbers
  • Options
    ColeRose (who like me has thought this WAY out in her head) and wait till that exact $ is in my hand but I would be dreaming of..

1. A dream home
    2. The dog rescue/sanctuary I would build
    3. Another bebe or 5 to the family! I can't have anymore naturally but I sure would adopt 

Those are my top 3 :)
  • Options
    1. Set my family up financially for life.

2. Take a trip around the world with my family.

3. Meet me some awesome bumpies!
  • Options

1) Pay off all debt

2) Find the ideal house (water front & lots of land for horses/farm)

3) Inform my family that we will fund the big Disney trip we are planning (My parents, my 3 sisters & their SOs, my neice, my MIL, my BILs parents and us)

~*~*~You're Such A Pretty Melody, I'm Just Another Tattooed Tragedy~*~*~
    FKA: Mireland23  image
  • Options
    DH does this all the time!

First, we would pay off all debt: car, credit card, student loans

Second, invest some of it

Third, buy stuff/give away money: big house for us, a house for my parents, give them retirement money, set money aside for our kids' education, and give to charity.

Displaying photo.JPGDisplaying photo.JPG
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1.) Pay off my student loans.

2.) Travel with my family indefinitely, bringing everyone that has the time/ability to tag along.

3.) Buy a cool old house or multi-unit building and trick it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"