December 2013 Moms
Options

pumping questions

So I decided I need to start pumping for an emergency freezer stash.

1. If I pump an oz at a time and keep it in the fridge can I freeze it all together at the end of the day?

2. How many oz on average do you feed LO each day? I know it will vary per child, but I'm looking for a minimum base line to start with.

Thanks for any input. I'm terrified my supply won't make it to a year and don't want to do formula if I don't have to. (Nothing wrong with formula other than it beats the hell out of my wallet.)

Re: pumping questions

• Options
    1. If I pump an oz at a time and keep it in the fridge can I freeze it all together at the end of the day?

Yes, I do this all the time.

2. How many oz on average do you feed LO each day? I know it will vary per child, but I'm looking for a minimum base line to start with.

My LO gets 3 4oz bottles at daycare M-Th. I nurse her the rest of the time.

A tip-
    I get the most milk when I pump between 2-3am. A few people on this board suggested this to me. It is no fun getting up at night but worth it for me. I usually pump between 3-6oz. in 15 mins. During the day at work, I am getting 2-4oz. in 15 mins. (closer to 2).
  • Options
    I freeze what's left at the end of the week. Usually 12oz. She takes 4 oz bottles usually 4 a day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am team EP and combine all the time. Depending on the day K2 drinks anywhere from 15-30 oz over a 24 hr time period. If you semi hand express while pumping you will have better and quicker output.

Good luck
  • Options

I pump during the day at work & usually combine milk from pumpings together to fill larger storage bottles. I freeze at the end of the week anything left over (except I save Friday milk for Monday day care). I freeze using Lansinoh baggies in either 2 or 3 oz increments. DS2 takes approx 3 5-oz bottles while at day care, every once in a while he takes 4 of them.

I nurse when he is with me, but if I had to estimate on the high side .... He would probably have 30-35 oz a day... not counting anything in the MOTN though.

My 2 December boys

• Options
    So with an average of 30 oz daily, 30 day supply I need 900 oz. minimum. Pumping is hard. Props to pumping mamas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"