January 2013 Moms

AW: Update on my life :)

DH did not get the job in San Fran, so we are staying in the valley for the foreseeable future.  Boo.  On the bright side we decided to make our stay more enjoyable by removing our old carpet and getting laminate floors put in sometime in the coming year :).

I dropped off our dog Ollie this morning at his new foster home (I posted awhile back that he bit DD).  The foster guy is really awesome and is hopeful about finding Ollie a new home.

And so life goes on :).  Anyone else?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: AW: Update on my life :)

• Sorry about the job but good to update the house, that always feels good! I'm interested to hear about you and hubby too and see how therapy is going?

On our side, DH and I had a date night last weekend and DD slept through the night for the first time at grandma and grandpas house, so that was cool. My mom and I are taking DD to north Carolina to see her great grandparents in September and DH and I are taking our first baby free vacay for our 4th wedding anniversary in October. Also DD switches daycares staying in September so I have a feeling that fall is going to be a crazy snotfest at our house. :-) DH and I have been better than ever so hoping that things continue on the up and up.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kittynap - bummer about the house :(, and I understand about patience when you really just want to do something NOW.  

@spainy17 - you are so lucky your LO will sleep at someone else's house!  Once we reach this milestone I'll have so much more freedom.  DD is still pretty dependent on me to get to sleep at night.

@katrine_05 - I hear you on wanting to be more in the countryside!  Before I took this job, I was supposed to work as a biologist out somewhere in remote Alaska through a school-to-jobs program.  Well, the funding for the program fell through, I took this job here in Sacramento, and here I still am 10 years later!  Granted, I wouldn't have met DH and I wouldn't have DD if I'd gone to Alaska.  But I just never imagined I'd stay here for more than maybe a few years.

Update on DH:  Things have been SLOWLY getting better since DH started taking his new meds.  They ramp up the prescription slowly over time.  The thing I notice most is that he is suddenly (like in the past 2 weeks) way more solicitous of and responsive to my needs, saying things like, "It's important for you to have time to yourself."  Waaaaht?!?  And while not getting the job was kind of a blow, it didn't sink him into a deep depression like it would have just a few months ago.

He hasn't started actual therapy yet (cognitive behavioral) but he will start in September.  So I feel really good about things compared to even just a few weeks ago.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry about the job. I hope Ollie finds his new home soon. :)

My life: DS is STTN better and better every week. A MOTN wake up is very rare.... just in time for new MOTN wake ups. I'm 37+2, so DD is coming very soon!! My house is a wreck and I'm too exhausted to do anything about it. Enjoying maternity leave on the couch and going out on little dates with DS.

DH's hospital is looking like it might go under in the next two years so we're moving up our plans to move to the coast. The plan all along was to move out there before the kids hit elementary school, but now we're looking to move in the next year or two. We're at the looking into neighborhoods and schools, deciding exactly where we might want to buy a house phase right now.
  • @tromboner - don't be offended if I hate you just a tiny bit for moving to the coast :).
  • @tromboner - don't be offended if I hate you just a tiny bit for moving to the coast :).
    I totally understand the hate. I'm so sick of the valley.
  • @tromboner - where do you live?  I didn't realize (or had forgotten more likely) that you are a fellow central valley denizen?
  • @ReeceFamily‌ Yay about your H! I remember those first few days of my H being kind like that and it was like "OMG, where have you BEEN?!" So nice. Congrats!
  • portentosaportentosa member
    edited August 2014
    @tromboner - where do you live?  I didn't realize (or had forgotten more likely) that you are a fellow central valley denizen?
    I'm right in between Sacramento and the Bay Area. Almost exactly in the middle of Sacramento and Livermore. I was raised in Northern CA, Redding area, but moved down here in 8th grade and haven't escaped yet. :P
  • @ReeceFamily‌ ... It seriously rocked. My mom is a saint and we just kept practicing with nap time and once she got that down we did an overnight. This was our third overnight. My mom wakes to everything too so I know it was real. :-) Before that I knew she would be taken care of but now I feel like it is potentially less taxing on mom and dad :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You sound happy. I'm really glad, especially that your DH is feeling better. :-)

I'm so sorry that you had to give Ollie away.

Here, DH is traveling a ton for work but I have two babysitters who can give me a couple of hours away when needed. My classes are starting up again, so I'll have less bumping time and more grading time. We are TTC. Luckily DH can schedule work trips around my fertile window. My cycles are just starting to normalize after weaning. I am way too preoccupied with TTC and wish that I could get pregnant just so I don't have to obsess anymore.

@kittynap: I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the house you wanted. I hope that you find a better fit that works out for you.

@spainy17: How long are you going on vacation without your LO? DH proposed a seven-day trip to Europe without DS in October, and I have been internally anguished about the amount of time.

@katrine_05: I'm so glad that you are feeling better! :-)

@tromboner: So excited about your DD's arrival. Good luck with everything!

@esmeraldasspark: What design are you getting for your tattoo?

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• I am pregnant. My SIL was due the week after me, but miscarried and took it really hard (as in 2 weeks off work hard). My best mom friend, who also does IVF, just got a BFN on what is going to be their last cycle ever, so they'll have an only child.

So, feeling kind of...guilty about my pregnancy, and like I can't talk about it with two people I really love. I don't want to make them feel worse than they already do. I am just heartbroken, for my mom friend especially.
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• @URMySunshine77‌ ... We are going for only five says, four nights, somewhere in the continental 48. We save his change from bartending once a week and take a trip for our anniversary from the leftovers. This year we have 2000! We just have to decide where we want to go. I want to go longer but I knew that any longer would be hard to be gone from DD (this already feels like forever, I can't imagine how much ill miss her) and I also felt like any longer would be tiring my parents who are watching her. :-) A week in Europe sounds amazing however. :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ConstanceGoodspeed - Your response makes me kind of relieved we're OAD.  I do not miss those days of feeling horrible about my failed pregnancies when my friends were happily pregnant, or the reverse side when I was pregnant and others were struggling with their fertility.  It's tough either way.  Congrats on your pregnancy, BTW!
  • @spainy17 I need to start bartending! 2k from the change once a week?! You guys will have such a good time.
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• @ConstanceGoodspeed - congrats on your pregnancy!  Babies are fricking miracles and anyone who has made one should know that each one deserves a celebration. :) 

Also, I should say that this was 2 years of DH's change since we didn't go anywhere last year because of DD.  But in the past we have done 4-5 days in Lake Tahoe, Chicago, etc. all on DH's dime(s - literally... quarters actually!).  Pretty nice because it feels like a free vacation. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"