Breastfeeding
Options

~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~ 08/18

~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~

Welcome! This is a check-in for moms who are/were on a dairy free and/or soy free diet due to their LO's intolerance. The check-ins will be posted every Monday on the Breastfeeding board and XP'd to the Food Allergy board. If you'd like to join the group, just post an intro here and dive in! To check out the archive of our previous check-ins, please see the MSPI Moms Blog (www.mspimoms.blogspot.com).

1. How are you doing? How is your LO doing?

2. How long have you been on the diet? Are you avoiding any other food(s)?

3. Any other burning questions you'd like answered or experiences to share?

4. What have you been surprised that you CAN eat on the MSPI diet?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~ 08/18

• Options

1. How are you doing? How is your LO doing? We are both doing really good.

2. How long have you been on the diet? Are you avoiding any other food(s)? For about 5.5 months. No dairy, soy, eggs, nuts, corn, beef, wheat and black beans....oh and pineapple.

3. Any other burning questions you'd like answered or experiences to share? I am so used to the diet now that I kind of forget until someone else mentions. I think it's harder on everyone else than it is on me. We were at my in-laws over the weekend and his family was so bothered by what I wasn't eating, lol. Their desserts looked amazing but no need to feel bad (or guilty).

4. What have you been surprised that you CAN eat on the MSPI diet? Kettle chips. I'm still so excited when I can eat those as a snack. I also really like coconut chocolate ice cream now (no dairy or soy), so much that feel like I'm eating something I shouldn't.

P.S. Sorry for the late post. MH is sick and well, you know how that goes. ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

1. How are you doing? How is your LO doing?

We are doing great! We have successfully reintroduced baked dairy and I couldn't be more excited! After 5 days of giving it directly to DD, I made cookies (with butter!!) for myself. It's amazing. We plan to try baked cheese at the end of the week. I will be making spinach and ricotta ravioli for DD.

2. How long have you been on the diet? Are you avoiding any other food(s)?

Almost 9 months. Currently avoiding dairy, soy, beef, and tree nuts. 

Now that I can eat baked dairy I feel like I'm new to the diet again. I'm not really sure what I can eat in terms of pre-made foods. Store-bought bread/pastries I'm assuming are ok. But what about whey/casein? Do I assume that if the food has been cooked that it's ok regardless of what form of dairy is in it?? 

4. What have you been surprised that you CAN eat on the MSPI diet?

Oreos if you're not avoiding soybean oil and soy lecithin. After I cut those out, pretzels, natural peanut butter, some tortillas. I still think it's funny how many people are surprised that I can eat eggs. Just because eggs are located next to milk at the grocery store does not make it dairy. Eggs do not come from a cow :)

@RingOfFire11 I hope your husband gets to feeling better, if he's anything like mine it's no fun for anyone when they're sick!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Now that I can eat baked dairy I feel like I'm new to the diet again. I'm not really sure what I can eat in terms of pre-made foods. Store-bought bread/pastries I'm assuming are ok. But what about whey/casein? Do I assume that if the food has been cooked that it's ok regardless of what form of dairy is in it?? 

@amichelle723 I'm not really sure about the processed foods. If it's in something that's cooked, like bread or crackers, I'm guessing that dairy is cooked, and it should be similar to eating cooked home goods. If it's possibly a flavoring, like whey powder on chips, maybe it wouldn't be cooked? Not sure.
  • Options
    Thanks @rocknrollfriend. That's kind of what I was thinking. What I buy probably won't really change until I'm sure she's completely ok with all forms of dairy just to be safe, but I will probably change what I cook.

But...I think I may have jinxed myself. DD had poop with some mucus in it this afternoon. She also woke up this morning with a runny nose, so it could be from that. Is it possible for her reaction to the baked dairy to be this delayed? We're on day 7. Days 1-2 were baked dairy directly to her, days 3-5 were to both of us, and days 6-7 were baked dairy to me only. Unless I way overdid it with the cookies and it's a quantity issue, I'm thinking it's too delayed to be dairy and is more likely to be from her cold? I may just be trying to convince myself though...
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @amichelle723 That does seem like a long delay. Runny noses can definitely cause mucous in the diaper. No change otherwise (color, blood, gas, rash)? If not I vote for cold. :) 
  • Options
    @amichelle723 That does seem like a long delay. Runny noses can definitely cause mucous in the diaper. No change otherwise (color, blood, gas, rash)? If not I vote for cold. :) 
    No other symptoms. She was a little gassy on Saturday, but has been fine since then. I'm voting cold too, and keeping my fingers crossed!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I agree! Yay @amichelle723 !!!
  • Options
    We are done with the diet, but I wanted to see how everyone else is doing!  It looks like everyone is doing great! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"