September 2012 Moms

Taco Tuesday - what's up!?

Re: Taco Tuesday - what's up!?

• I leave for a business trip tomorrow and am hoping I can get some answers on outstanding stuff today before I go.

I'm trying to make healthier food choices, but would kill someone for a muffin or doughnut right now -- and another cup of coffee. Maybe I can just get the coffee.

I need to shop. My current wardrobe sucks. But I don't want to shop until I lose a few pounds.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I definitely need to shop.  And get on the elliptical, for like 15 days straight. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • I did not start my day off hugging the toilet like yesterday so I am calling today a success - Stupid chronic daily migraines
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • I'm here, just trying to reboot myself. The kids were in rare form this morning and everything was a battle. I had to pretend to leave them to get them to come to the door. I tell them we need to leave 2,000 times, they do nothing. I go out the door and stand on the other side. Then I hear little hurried footsteps and both start wailing. Seriously? I have to threaten abandonment? Just come on!
    This morning began for us with DD wailing after DS went into her room. When I asked him why his sister was crying, he initially feigned ignorance then finally admitted he touched her head. Replace touched with hit, and I'm sure we have a more accurate portrayal. So we had yet another conversation about keeping hands to ourselves unless we're touching gently. And he's also taken to calling her "Claire the stinkin' bear," so that was echoing throughout our house about 100 times in the time between eating breakfast and leaving.

• tinyhumantoetinyhumantoe member
    edited August 2014
    And I'm going to follow the idea of the greater good.  Here is a link to a story that says, "We should not reward people for minor acts of altruism, when they could have done so much more, because doing so creates a culture where the correct response to the existence of preventable death and suffering is to give some pocket change."

Give me a fucking break.  The IBC annoys me, but I'm not going to pin society's shit on it.  Come on.  A little bit of something is better than nothing, and most people don't take time out of their busy lives to give.  After this, they might.  And to think most people give anything for anything other than a reward (intrinsic or extrinsic) is really dumb.

And I'll add that giving for intrinsic reward is no more noble than any other reason.  I volunteer at the animal shelter because it makes me feel good.  I work alongside people serving their community service hours.  I don't think my reasons are any better than anyone else's there, I'm just glad we're all there improving the lives of the critters.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • @marisakathleen I am jealous of your getting-shit-done feeling of satisfaction :)  I haven't tackled any projects in so long :/  Sounds like you kicked ass!

• Woah, feisty THT I like it!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • shiggybop said:
    Anthony hasn't napped for the last 3 or 4 days. I have left him to babble, talk and sing in his crib for 2 hours hoping he would eventually pass out. I'm NOT giving up nap time right now! We've attempted moving the time, but the only time he really wants to sleep is way too close to bedtime. Le sigh. I hope it's teething or a growth spurt.
    Our loose schedule has been so messed up lately. We went to the fair last Thursday and didn't get home until 11pm. He crashed and slept until 12pm the next day. So then no nap. I'm always torn between waking him up and risking him being a jerk or letting him sleep and bedtime being a bit later. It's a tough call.

• @tinyhumantoe‌ that piece of land sounds amazing!

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. I'm not in a mood to deal with a whiny toddler, who woke up on the wrong side of the planet. To top it off, our internet is being a dick, so I have no bubble guppies or pooh to subdue the monster while I attempt to pull myself together....
  • I started my last semester of the program yesterday.  Studied my brain off last night and now I'm in bed studying the bump, eating uncooked egg noodles and requesting that DH go get me some graham crackers and chocolate frosting for breakfast.  I'm gonna be like 879 lbs by the time I graduate.
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • I saw a new primary care doc for the first time yesterday.  I was just starting to feel sick, but thought it was no big deal.  Now I'm feeling like my throat is on fire and sore enough to wake me at night, I'm starting to see little white spots, I'm running a low-grade fever and I'm worried it's strep.  I'll feel like a moron if I end up having to go back to see the doctor like a day later. 

In other news, my magnesium levels are low from spending too many years on nexium.  She also prescribed me a "take as needed" anti-anxiety med that is safe to take while BFing.  Mind. Blown.  I had no idea such a drug exists, and hope it works!
  • @watercolor5 I hope you feel better :( and yes, I hope the new med works!

• I got nominated for the ice water challenge this morning. I'm going to do it with the big kids when we get home from dance tonight. Super glad I didn't do my hair today. I stayed up WAY too late making tutus for the girls' birthday party last night. Now I'm super tired and worse, tired looking.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    I had quite the scare this morning. James wanted to play with our neighbor this morning and I told him no he is at school.  I told him to get dressed and we would all go out together for a few minutes before going to school. I went upstairs to get Leo up and dressed, came down to see the back door open. I found James on our neighbor's porch in his underwear and tshirt. Little shit. I put him in time out but I'm worried how to get it through to him that he can not just leave the house like that.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1 said:

I think the ice bucket challenge is annoying, but I'm really sick of people saying a bucket of ice water is wasteful.  These are things we use like fucking crazy every day without thinking twice.  It would be like complaining that the people are using too much energy powering computers and iphones to post about it. 

That bucket of water is a tiny fraction of what the average american uses on a daily basis.  You can make it up by shaving a minute off your shower for a week or not flushing pees at night time (only flushing in the morning).  Oh, and the energy for the ice?  It's negligible.  Most of the energy is already in use KEEPING YOUR FOOD FROZEN, HELLO.

Everytime I see someone comment about wasting the water, I think of how many times I have turned on the sprinkler for my kids to run through this summer or the water table that I'm constantly filling.

H posted something about wasting water for that challenge on fb a few days ago. If he only knew I often let the water run in the sink for jasper to play in (he lovvvves 'washing his hands') while I make lunch...
  • hmp1 said:
    I had quite the scare this morning. James wanted to play with our neighbor this morning and I told him no he is at school.  I told him to get dressed and we would all go out together for a few minutes before going to school. I went upstairs to get Leo up and dressed, came down to see the back door open. I found James on our neighbor's porch in his underwear and tshirt. Little shit. I put him in time out but I'm worried how to get it through to him that he can not just leave the house like that.
    So scary right? DH had the front door open but the screen door locked. He had DS playing in the living room while he went into our bedroom to change. All of the sudden he didn't hear DS. He came down the hall and looked everywhere. DS had unlocked the door and was out in the front yard! We live on semi busy street. He about had a heart attack. Little shit as well. We've told him he can't go outside without an adult. Yeah ok. That's working.

• I have a whiny, sick dd and a hyper ds. It's going to be a long day. I sincerely hope everyone is feeling better by tomorrow. Holly, want to come visit? I still have a messy house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Pokedot said:
    hmp1 said:
    So scary right? DH had the front door open but the screen door locked. He had DS playing in the living room while he went into our bedroom to change. All of the sudden he didn't hear DS. He came down the hall and looked everywhere. DS had unlocked the door and was out in the front yard! We live on semi busy street. He about had a heart attack. Little shit as well. We've told him he can't go outside without an adult. Yeah ok. That's working.

Colby took off chasing a cat through our neighbors yard yesterday. He was within my sight, but on the other side of the yard, so it took me a minute to grab him. Another little shit here.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • misspunky said:

I started my last semester of the program yesterday.  Studied my brain off last night and now I'm in bed studying the bump, eating uncooked egg noodles and requesting that DH go get me some graham crackers and chocolate frosting for breakfast.  I'm gonna be like 879 lbs by the time I graduate.

I loved this for the graham crackers and frosting. Mmm

Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • We put very high security locks on the doors because ds let himself out and got his leg stuck through the fence on our ramp in the backyard. I agree with the little shit comment. Our neighbors broke the fence between the houses to get to him. I was pregnant with dd when this occurred and went to sleep with Dh home. I awoke to my neighbor in my room, scared I was dead. To this day, I don't know if I was under the covers. I do know that I was sleeping in my bra and underwear. X_X
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • hmp1 said:
    That is so scary!  Somehow, Brody has never done this.  Whenever we have a talk about something like that though, we call it "fire-drill serious."  He understands that fire-drills at school are very very serious and it's really important.  So when we talk about things like running in the road, we try to relate the seriousness of the two together.

Aedan escaped while we were on vacation.  I knew he was playing on the sun porch and all of a sudden when it got quiet I went over by him.  He was already down 3 steps by the time I caught him.  He has no fear of running in the road, so I was a little freaked out.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Colby took off chasing a cat through our neighbors yard yesterday. He was within my sight, but on the other side of the yard, so it took me a minute to grab him. Another little shit here.
    Yeah, Aedan is also a little shit.  He now thinks it's funny to run away from me and into the road when we're playing outside.  In our apt complex, there's a lot more road and not a lot of front yard.  So we're constantly trying to keep him from killing himself.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• I really want tacos right now.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • My mom was originally supposed to have DS today, but her bathroom remodel is delayed so she cancelled last week. I forgot to put him on the daycare list and when I called this am they didn't have room for him. I had to take a sick day today to stay home with him. It is next to impossible to accomplish anything with a toddler at home.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• hmp1hmp1 member
    Hey, where did my avatar go?

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• jessk86 said:
    shiggybop said:
    @tinyhumantoe‌ That property sounds beautiful. I would love to have a little piece of nature. @BeebopandBuddy‌ I have to play the "I'm getting in the car and going to xyz without you" game with Anthony about once a week. It's easier than throwing him over my shoulder while he's kicking and screaming and he doesn't understand what it means, he just knows that is when I mean business. @MarisaKathleen‌ I want to see pictures after the nursery is all put together!
    I've tried this on more than 100 occasions and Jasper just says 'Bye! Have good day!' I think..he's... missing...the...point

This works about 50% of the time with us. But like you I get "Bye momma" back. He got me I guess!

• Nancy's sitter had her thyroid removed about a month ago.  I think it's caused her to become completely irrational.

They live in a side by side townhouse.  The guy next door has 2 kids and they're there every other weekend.  The older kid (5) took his wagon handle and destroyed the side of our sitter's van.  Like holy crap, it's awful looking. Estimate came in at $2300 to fix it.  Guy admitted fault because the kid said he did it.  The insurance company is refusing to pay for it because no one saw him do it even though he said he did it.  

Our sitter has now decided that they have to move because clearly they can't share a garage anymore.  They've been looking at apartments/town homes for a week now.  Some of them are like 20 miles away.  I haven't had the "you realize if it's not on my way to work, I'll be finding someone else, right?" conversation yet.  She just keeps saying things like "well if you'd go this way to work...."  Uh, no.  I don't take the freeway to work because with going through the city, it would add a stupid amount of time.  And I already commute 35mi each way and it takes me roughly an hour.  I don't have enough extra time with adding a kid in there to be traipsing over 3 counties.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• @MarisaKathleen‌ you mentioning your sitter reminded me about how she wanted to stop over at your house to talk a few weeks back. What was that all about?
  • shiggybop said:
    @tinyhumantoe‌ That property sounds beautiful. I would love to have a little piece of nature.

It is killing me!  We'd have to buy it and stay in our current house for 5 years before we could afford to build a house on it, haha.  Totally not practical.  ::sigh:: 

DH says there is other land.  I'm like, uh, no, this is one of a kind.  ::pout::

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"