October 2013 Moms

so SO excited!!!! finished tutu!

deedee1017deedee1017 member
edited August 2014 in October 2013 Moms
I finished DD's tutu! Thank you to all the ladies who gave me great advice. I feel so proud!

Here's what I did: i used the tulle by the yard instead of the roll. I had already bought it so I cut that in half width wise, and then into 2.5" x 14" strips. I used three yards of tulle. I alternated stacking two or three strips on top of each other to make the tutu poofy. About 3\4 of the way through, I realized I was going to run out of the red tulle I bought. I remembered that I had a roll of white tulle from another project that was never opened. In the beginning, I couldn't decide if I wanted all red or red and white, but at this point I figured let me go back and add some white to it as an accent and to avoid having to run to the store again. So I loosened the knots and added one white strand between every three red ones. It worked and I didn't have to run to the store again. 

I absolutely love it!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: so SO excited!!!! finished tutu!

• That looks awesome! Nice job!
    imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • Loading the player...
  • @CateOfChicago‌ that came out beautiful! I love the colors!

• I think next time, I'd make the strips wider. It took me forever to knot them all. The one you bought from the boutique is so pretty! When tulle goes on sale again, I'm going to stock up. Dd is going to have nightmares about tulle when she gets older.

• It looks great! Awesome job!

thank you!!

• How funny! I just finished my bf's daughters halloween tutu. I need to get working on A's... there are 8 different colors involved.
                                                   photo 996da08d-6a8f-4ffe-b18d-94023659b1ef.jpg
  • bionicb said:
    How funny! I just finished my bf's daughters halloween tutu. I need to get working on A's... there are 8 different colors involved.

Must. See. Pics.
    I am going to make Olivia a Halloween tutu too! She can wear it at the pumpkin farm when we go with all our family and where we will be celebrating her birthday with them. I think I'm just going to do orange and black. What colors are you doing?

• bionicbbionicb member
    edited August 2014
    I'll take a pic of both girls halloween tutus when i get home. That way I can get on the laptop and actually post them.

A's bday tutu is dark purple, light purple, hot pink, pale pink, dark green, bright green,yellow, and orange. I may have miss counted. Im too ambitiois. One of the pinks has glitter, as does one of the purples. I dont know what I am thinking, I hate working with glitter tulle, but its just so cute!
  • Wren (bffs baby) two tutus left and center (center is a teeny tiny one, only to cover the front half. Arias on the right. image

Tulle cut and sorted for Aria's bday tutu. 

• Looks great!!
  • It's absolutely adorable!!!  This makes me want a little girl!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • deedee1017deedee1017 member
    edited August 2014
    kicius56 said:
    @deedee1017‌ It looks great! I have white tulle left over from a project I never did and would try my hand at a tutu. Would you mind sharing the how-to? Did I miss a post?
    @Kicius56  I made a post the other day (https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12418341/making-a-tutu#latest) saying I wanted to make one and some of the other ladies who have made them gave me some great ideas and advice.

I googled around for a video that shows it best and this one looks pretty good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XOUANSosbw  If you use the tulle by the yard, just cut it into strips.  Initially, I made the knots really tight and it folded the elastic and took forever to finish.  Once I loosened them up a bit, it was better.

• Looks great!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!!

• maybe it's just me, but @deedee1017 's dog w/o a face creeps me out.

yes, i know it's backwards (RIGHT??!), but it's still creepy.

but the tutu is beautiful!

• jennlin said:
    maybe it's just me, but @deedee1017 's dog w/o a face creeps me out.

yes, i know it's backwards (RIGHT??!), but it's still creepy.

but the tutu is beautiful!
    @jennlin I didn't want to go to bed before I finished it.  I tried to take a photo of just the tutu but it was just a pile of fluff.  I put it on the lamp shade and it looked dumb so the next (logical?) solution was to put it on the biggest stuffed animal dd owns.  He's a slouchy guy so i got a view from the back ;)  sorry he creeps you out!

• Beautiful!  This post has just convinced me to get a tutu for DDs first birthday pics.  I am too lazy to make one, though. DH is not going to be happy with her wearing a tutu, but I don't care.  Too cute!

BFP: 1.19.2013 - EDD: 10.2.2013 - It's a girl! 9.25.13: Welcome Addison!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"