January 2014 Moms

how to clean carseat? help..

Ok, so my dd had a massive poop explosion while in her car seat today. I don't know what to do. It seriously smells like something curled up and died in her carseat. I thought you couldn't wash the liner? Or am I mistaken? I heard it warps it. Any who, I wiped it down with a soaking wet towel and wiped it down with baby safe wipes then took another towel (dry) to soak up the part I got wet. I used it a few hours later and dd clothes smelt like the rotten poop smell again. I am at a loss.

Any suggestions? Thanks ladies!
BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
Its a surprise! Team green!

Re: how to clean carseat? help..

• I used to put Spray and wash on DD's and then throw it in the washing machine. It never warped and always went back on how it came off.
  • edited August 2014
    I think it's the belts that you're not supposed to machine wash.

We've washed the convertible car seats from our other kids numerous times. We always just wipe fond the belt part with warm soapy water.

Eta: forgot a word.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Confirm with your manual to be sure but I think most liners can be machine washed on gentle cycle, NO bleach. Let it air dry. Then wipe the straps and buckles with just a wet washcloth.
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Thanks ladies. @danaadell‌ I have a peg too. I will look in the manual later and confirm I can wash it then see if I can get the liner off. :)
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Oh my heck, I had the same thing happen yesterday!!! Too funny, well I have the britax b ready and everything came off and went in the wash. I then got some hot soap water with a little bleach and cleaned it all then wiped it again with just hot soapy water
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"