December 2013 Moms

New mama must haves

My sister's shower is coming up and I want to get her a bunch of practical gifts that her and baby will use in the first month. What do you think of my list? Am I missing anything? 
- collapsable basket for everything which doubles as a laundry hamper
- D drops
- aden and anais blankets
- aden and anais sleep sack
- pacificers
- burts bee baby set (wash, cream, lotion)
- milk maid tea
- sophie
- cat nip... because he cats will get ignored for the first month :)
- new mama bottle spray
- cloth bum wipes
- nipple cream

DS #1 born 12.3.13
BFP #2 09.21.14 EDD: 06.06.15

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: New mama must haves

• Maybe a sleep bra or breast pads? I lived in my sleep bras the first couple months and went though so many pads.
  • jy725jy725 member
    edited August 2014
    Your list is great! Other ideas are chapstick, a gift card to buy apps for her phone for late night nursing sessions, a water bottle, hair bands and maybe a Starbucks gift card.
  • Loading the player...
  • I like all of your ideas. One gift that I really liked was a nice water cup. That way, I always I could remind myself to drink water... It's Soo funny how I forgot most of the basic things...
  • A pacifier clip, Nose Frieda.
  • I would include some gas drops and/or gripe water.  The Windi was amazing for us, but I know not everyone is a fan of "helping" their LO get the toots/poop out like that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nursing pillow, I second the Starbucks gift card. Depending on when she's due maybe a bunting bag for the car seat.

• I second the nose Frieda. And Bamboobies nursing pads are amazing. I love the overnight ones they make. I still use them but they were awesome for at the beginning when you leak about 4 oz in your sleep lol. Otherwise your list is amazing!!
  • I lived in my robe for like a month. Sounds like everyone has everything else covered!
  • manausmom said:

I like all of your ideas. One gift that I really liked was a nice water cup. That way, I always I could remind myself to drink water... It's Soo funny how I forgot most of the basic things...

It's a bit expensive but a hydrogel ask is amazing! I only like cold water & it will keep it cold for 24 hrs even in the hot sun!

• frantastic12frantastic12 member
    edited August 2014
    I would add some pocket sized bottles of hand sanitizer to keep around the house, purse, diaper bag, etc.  Also, the colored plastic links (https://www.toysrus.com/buy/rattles-teethers/bright-starts-lots-of-links-8664-24-3502433) --LO loved staring at them for the first couple months, so we'd hang them from everything....the swing, the side of the pack n play, the bouncy chair, the car seat.  They were the cheapest, most simple form of entertainment for LO in the early days! Now they double as teethers/toy leashes. 

Married 8/2012
    DS born 12/2013 @ 41w2d
    BFP #2 EDD 10/2015

• Easy snack like granola bars, trail mix etc. Right after delivery I had to eat a snack in the night or I felt awful.
  • definitely snacks like protein bars to keep her energy up while she's nursing in between meals.  Some gift cards for take out when they run out of the food they have stashed or frozen and still don't have the energy to cook, witch hazel for down there right after delivery...works wonders.
  • and scratch mittens for those first few weeks after birth for the baby are very helpful

• oh, baby detergent! She will go through tons of laundry
  • I 2nd the hand sanitizer.
  • Nose Frieda, at the dollar store we got this little box of plastic bags for dirty diapers that we keep in the diaper bag, booginhead pacifier clips, our LO was a big face scratcher in the beginning and hand mitts were so helpful

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"