1st Trimester

Could I be pregnant? (approx. 3 weeks)

Hello! I am 25 and I have been on the same birth control since I was 18 (generic yasmine, I've never had any problems). While I have gotten a lot better about taking my pill at the same time every day, I am bad at starting my packs on time--if I were supposed to start a pack on a Sunday I will end up taking two on Monday or three on Tuesday (shame on me, I know). This month was no different. My fiance and I do not use any other form of birth control. Here are the facts:

--My cycle began on July 25th
--I should have started my pills on July 29th, but I ended up either taking 2 on the 30th or 3 on the 31st, either way, I know I messed it up.
--The date of conception would have been August 2nd
--Beginning on night of August 3rd through August 5th I became very constipated, bloated, generally uncomfortable. I never have that problem.

....skip ahead to the week of August 11th (last week)

--I felt so tired every day at work that I was fighting to keep my eyes open and I was having trouble getting up with my alarms (I am a morning person, I am wide awake 10 seconds after opening my eyes)
--Stomach feeling iffy, head kind of foggy, can't concentrate, general "blah" feeling
--Mild constipation, terrible gas
--No appetite at all (I love food!)
--I can suddenly smell what the neighbors are cooking for dinner (I live in a duplex), mind you I have lived in the same house for two years and can't recall smelling their food unless I am outside on the back porch. I could literally smell pasta noodles through the walls.
--I can smell the litterbox in every inch of the house (not that it ever smells good, but it is inescapable now)
--On Thursday I came home and started bawling because of the litterbox smell... this was the day it all started to click that I might be pregnant

Today I have continued to have an uncomfortable stomach, it kind of feels like the muscles in the mid-lower abdomen are tightening. Light headache. I have absolutely no desire to eat. I forgot to bring my lunch to work, so I went out and grabbed some wendys. The nuggets had a slight pee taste to them and the honey mustard tasted a little different to me (I usually enjoy both things and are familiar with their normal flavor).

At this point I just feel like I'm pregnant. Maybe I've gotten myself worked up and it's all in my head, but the second I put the pieces together it was like a light bulb went off and I can't shake it.

I took a target brand test today (approx. 5 PM) and it was negative. I should be getting my period on Friday. I got a box of 3 tests, but I'm trying to decide when I should wait to try again. Thoughts?

Re: Could I be pregnant? (approx. 3 weeks)

• Yes, I meant that August 2nd was the day we had sex during the few days after my period ended. I do understand that it doesn't mean that the egg and sperm met that day, sorry for the confusion.

• aditigirl said:
    Tl;dr. Take a test. If it's negative then you aren't pregnant right now. If you don't want to have a baby, learn how to use bcp and or use a back up.
    Alright, I'm not a jackass that has no idea how birth control pills work. I have acknowledged that I have misused them this month and have in the past. I have been on bcp for 8 years. Also, I have not indicated that I would not want this pregnancy. I have just gotten engaged to my boyfriend of over 4 years, we both have good jobs and bright futures. While I am not looking to be pregnant, I would not be upset to find that I am. This post is merely asking for experienced opinions, not personal judgments. But thanks anyway ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • My last pregnancy I tested positive at 3w3d. This time, I got excited and tested that early and ended up with a negative. I tested again at 3w5d, 3w6d, 4w all negative and most of those times using first urine for the day. I was disappointed and upset that I was not pregnant. And even more so because I found out so early last time. It wasn't until 4w1d that I ended up with a positive in the late afternoon. You will drive yourself crazy thinking of all the possibilities of being pregnant, getting excited all to be possibly disappointed. Save the tests and money and wait until you miss your period. Good luck.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• No birth control=high likelihood of baby
    Birth Control using properly=low likelihood of baby

BabyFruit Ticker
  • OH MY GOD. I asked for opinions on possible symptoms. Plain and simple. Did I ask for any advice or judgments on how to use birth control? Nope. Sure didn't. I listed that detail as background information. Once again, I know how to use birth control. I know that I did not use it correctly this month. I know that messing up birth control can lead to pregnancies. Yes, this is certainly an avoidable situation. I was careless. Back off!

Also, I am actually familiar with the concept of negative. However, from what I have read hgc hormone multiplies every day and I could have tested negative now but will be positive in a few days. I was curious to hear from people who experienced this, like heatherwhite1984 (thank you for sharing your experience!).

Another note that I would like to add is that I read in multiple places that constipation can start immediately, so that was the purpose of mentioning that.

The overall response I am taking away from this is that I should just wait and see if my period comes. However, whenever I do become pregnant, I will be sure to never frequent these message boards.

Again, thank you to the users who actually posted something worthwhile other than insulting me.

• It's still early...wait for a missed period (if that happens) and then test with First Morning Urine. If the test is negative then, I'd trust it. :)

I always screwed up with remembering my pills when I was on them, that's why I stopped taking them, lol. If you aren't pregnant and don't want to ttc, I would recommend as PP said and either switch BC forms or get an app timer to help you remember. :)

Best of luck!!!
  • leahvivian89leahvivian89 member
    edited August 2014
    *edited by moderator*

With love,
    Vivian  :-*

p.s. I look forward to my impending ban :)) You guys have been great! Thanks for the laughs! Mwah!
  • No need to ban. GBCB is pending.
  • Ah, the first Tri crazies...
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Well, that was fun! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"