April 2014 Moms
Options

Delayed pregnancy symptom

Lately when I wear my wedding ring, I've noticed a red streak with tiny blisters around my finger. The first two or three times I saw it, I thought maybe my hand was swollen from carpel tunnel or something. Then I discovered if I leave my ring off, it goes away. A quick search of Dr Google revealed many people develop a nickel allergy during or after pregnancy. This is news to me! Now I have this beautiful set of white gold rings sitting in a drawer, hoping I'll be able to wear them again!

Re: Delayed pregnancy symptom

• Options
    Hmmmm, maybe....I wash my hands pretty often. I'll have to make more effort to dry and see if that helps. Thanks!
  • Options
    I discovered I had a nickel allergy in adulthood, but prior to pregnancy. I have white gold rings and they don't bother my skin at all.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Huh. Maybe this is why my mom is allergic to nickel. o.o

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • Options
    Hmm. Never heard of that. Interesting.

• Options
    That happens to me once a year and I have to get my rings rhodium plated again. I wash my hands a lot at work also and it seems to wear off the silver color on the rings sooner.
  • Options

That happens to me once a year and I have to get my rings rhodium plated again. I wash my hands a lot at work also and it seems to wear off the silver color on the rings sooner.

Does that help? I've only had my rings replated once. They could definitely use it again.
  • Options

Does that help? I've only had my rings replated once. They could definitely use it again.
    Yes once I get them redone they are just fine and no finger breakouts. I also use hydrocortisone on the breakout area to help clear it up.

• Options
    @Gilgenbach2007‌ Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    I had this when I was pregnant! It started around the 3 month mark and lasted until the end. However, it hasn't happened since LO was born.
  • Options
    I'm the same, developed an allergy so had to stop wearing my rings. Now I'm still a little swollen or something and cant get my wedding band back on to try! I have also heard the clear nail polish works a treat.
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • Options
    rtv3rtv3 member
    I was just wondering about this! I wear 3 rings and only my wedding ring is giving me issues.
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• Options
    rtv3 said:

I was just wondering about this! I wear 3 rings and only my wedding ring is giving me issues.

Yes! I have tons of Premier and Charming Charlie jewelry that I can wear just fine...it makes no sense!
  • Options
    Are you wearing real jeans yet? The buttons in jeans are usually nickel. My sister is allergic to nickel and my mom used to sew patches on the inside of her pants to protect her. If it touched her skin at all the rash would quickly spread and cover her entire abd and spread around to her back and nearly touch.
  • Options
    Well....I wear them but they don't actually button yet. I usually just leave them unbuttoned and fold the flaps in. I've never thought about the button itself though.
  • Options
    This happens to me and I boil my wrong in I think water and hydrogen peroxide and it goes away again. I think it's because dampness gets in there and things get a little funky.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've never heard of doing that?
  • Options
    RrrrrachelRrrrrachel member
    edited August 2014
    I only heard after I googled around once I started getting a rash from my ring. You could probably try just soaking them in hydrogen peroxide, too. My bet is it's that and not a nickel allergy, if nothing else is bothering you.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Would you soak it in straight peroxide or dilute it?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"