Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Arrowroot for reflux?

Does anyone know or have experience with using Arrowroot powder for reflux issues? My three month old started showing signs of reflux 3 days ago and I hope it passes-in the mean time I am looking into options that may suit him other than medication if possible. We are keeping him slightly upright, feeding slowly, burping often etc. but are looking into remedies if that does not work in itself...

Re: Arrowroot for reflux?

• I have never heard of this. The only thing g I've heard if is adding cereal to a bottle. All of that, as I'm sure you know, should only be done with a pedi knowing, as it can be a choking hazard. We have our little guy on zantac and it helps a lot. We also keep him more upright when feeding and for a half hour after meals.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• I would not recommend this.  Arrowroot is a starch containing mainly carbohydrates.  It may cause electrolyte disturbances and problems with digestion.  The way I look at is that if this were a safe, effective treatment, the drug companies would have already developed a drug and patented it.  I strongly recommend you seek the advice of your pediatrician for treatment of reflux in a baby.

imageimage
    Beautiful Baby Girl born May 28, 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"