March 2014 Moms
Options

Working moms!

This is my last week of summer vacation (cue ugly cry) and I've got to start figuring out my morning routine. Care to elaborate on what you do & times in regards to getting ready for work and getting LO ready for daycare/nanny/etc?

This is my tentative plan....

Wake up at 5am ... Shower, hair, makeup, pack what I need for work (lunch etc).

Wake Robert up at 6am ... Nurse, get him dressed, double check his daycare bag is good to go, pump til I'm empty

Finish getting dressed by 6:45 and head to work.

DH will be up to help as needed and he will hang out with Robert until it's time to head out around 8am.

What do you do?

Re: Working moms!

• Options
    5 a.m- Wake , get my lunch ready , get LOs stuff ready .
    5:20 ish - wake LO up if she hasn't yet and feed her . Then get her ready , I then put her in the RNP in the bathroom while I get ready this is usually around 5:45 .
    Then I leave the house at 6:30.

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I'm not gonna be helpful at all, but when I returned to work last year, days I had to go to the office or meet my client early...

- 3am - wake up, shower, get dressed, breakfast, pack lunch
    - 4am get DS1 - diaper, BF, carseat
    - 4:30 - leave house, drop off at grandma's
    OR......
    - 3am - wake up etc.
    - 4am - leave house and let DH or MIL deal with DS1 (he would wake 4-4:30 usually)

Days I worked from home but sent him to the sitter's:
    - 5:30 - wake up etc.
    - wait for him to wake (or get him up by 7:30)
    - 7:45 - dropped off at sitter's and I head back home (sitter fed breakfast - he was no longer waking at 4am and was 14 months by this scenario)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    4:45 am wake up and shower
    5:10 get dressed, do hair
    5:25 wake LO, feed her, get her dressed
    5:45 have a quick breakfast, brush teeth
    6:05 leave for work

I've managed to get everything I need to get done in about an hour, but I also don't pump and don't wear make up to work.

I worried about this a lot my first day back too. I gave myself extra time and was able to adjust after that. It'll all work out :)

imageLilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Options
    I am typically up by 630-700 am. I get myself ready and then wake up DD. At 3 and half she is pretty self sufficient, I lay out her clothes and she gets dressed, I wake up DS, change him, dress, him and feed him and head to the sitter (who is our neighbor) around 8am. DH depending on his schedule sometimes is there to help and will handle DS while I get ready, and sometimes does the routine on his own.
    imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    I pack lunches, daycare bags, etc the night before and put what I can in the car.

I also shower and blow dry my hair at night and just straighten it in the morning.

6:15 wake up, do hair and make up, eat breakfast
    6:45 wake DS get home dressed/breakfast
    7:00 wake DD nurse and dress
    7:15 dress myself and out the door no later than 7:30

• Options
    Jt7dreamz said:
    Oh. And when I go downstairs for lo I always wear a robe. She inevitably spits up something nasty
    Yeah i'm thinking I should definitely wait to get into my work outfit after I finish nursing and am almost out the door :)
  • Options
    linzerdlinzerd member
    edited August 2014
    6:30 wake up, wake her up and nurse her
    6:50 pump
    7:20 get in shower
    7:40 put my contacts in, make up, dry my hair
    7:50 get her dressed
    8:00 nurse her
    8:10 get dressed
    8:15 get the milk together for the day and bring her downstairs to my mother
    8:20-25 get the rest of my crap together and leave for work
    On Tuesdays she goes to DC and MH Takes her, so the routine is the same except I have to make sure the milk is in a bag with ice packs and her diaper bag is packed and ready to go, I have to be at work at 9:00 and it's 30 mins away
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    The biggest thing for me is being flexible. If LO is still asleep when my alarm goes off, I jump in the shower. If she's awake, I nurse her first and then hopefully she will lie quietly in the crib with the piano mat playing music while I shower. Then I eat breakfast, pack my lunch and her bottle, and get dressed. If LO is awake, she hangs out on her activity mat or snuggles in bed with DH. I also wear a robe until the last possible moment.

It's weird - I have more time in the mornings now than I did pre-baby. I usually have time to empty the dishwasher or pay some bills. I don't know where the extra time came from, but I'm glad I have it!
  • Options
    I second the flexible. My alarm is set for 6. Sometimes LO is awake and I nurse her first or I shower then nurse. While I nurse my DH makes me breakfast, juice, tea, gets my vitamins. Then he looks after her while I shower (if I hadn't already) and get dressed. I try to get my lunch, and pump ready at night. My last pumping session is between 2-3 am, and after that I do all her bottles for the day and wash my pump parts for when I get home.

LO takes 1 HOUR to nurse, so I'm usually leaving about 8am.

• Options
    We make her bottles the night before, pack the daycare bag, and lay her outfit out the night before. My husband gets up around 5:45 then showers, unloads the dishwasher, takes the dog out and brings me a bottle and coffee before he leaves around 6:30. She usually wakes up shortly after, so I try and grab a shower first thing. If she wakes up sooner than I make a bottle and get her and he gives me a few minutes before leaving to shower. Usually she'll fall asleep again around 7:30, then I get ready and we leave by 8:30. It's a divide and conquer approach...which if you want mommy to make money and not stay home with LO, you pull 50%. ;)
  • Options
    I do a lot of prep work at night to save time in the morning. I pack the diaper bag, my lunch, wash and prep all pump equipment, and get our clothes out.

4:15 wake up
    4:30-5:00 pump while I do hair & make-up
    5:00 wake up DD, feed her, get everything together
    5:25 leave the house
    At work by 6.

My routine even allows me time for a Starbucks run. :)

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Mine isn't too different from everyone else's. The keys to success are doing as much as you can the night prior (pack bags, set out outfits, etc). Also, the first couple weeks will be tough. Then, you'll get used to it, and even good at it. Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm up at 6:30ish, out the door by 8.

Wake up, change and feed Harper. I straighten my hair and do my makeup while she eats. After she eats, I burp her and she plays for around 20 min while I get dressed. I dress her last (she's usually pooped by now so I'll change her too) and then we are out the door.

I get EVERYTHING ready the night before. Bottles, lunch, clothes are laid out, and I shower.

I'm not pumping anymore, but when I was I would pump as soon I got to work.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Options
    I try to squeeze in as much sleep as possible. I have to be to work at 8am but work a 3 minute car trip from home. Marlena will sometimes wake at 6:30 to eat, so I will nurse her, then we both lay back down (she will usually still sleep until 9:30 after putting her back down). I then snooze until 7:30, brush my teeth, grab my pump and lunch (made the night before) and am out the door at 7:50. Sometimes, M stays asleep, so I will dream feed her at 7:30 and then leave at 7:55.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

We also do a lot of prep the night/weekend before. I also claim to have a touch of OCD ;)

On Sundays I do all the laundry, iron my clothes, pack DS' diaper bag, set out DS' clothes for week (https://www.amazon.com/KIDS-DAILY-ACTIVITY-ORGANIZER-HANGING/dp/B000LZ1QNO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=8-1&keywords=kids+daily+clothes+organizer), organize my outfits for the week (shirt, pants, underwear, tank, bra, necklace), and make my snacks for the week. This way I don't have to try to think about what to dress anyone in and I just grab it!

The night before I wash dirty bottles and keep the bottles with milk for the next day in their bag in the fridge so I just have to throw in ice packs before I leave. We also keep DS' car seat and diaper bag on the kitchen table so they can just be grabbed easy.

MH takes the diaper bag and my empty bottles I need for the day and puts them in my car before he leaves so I don't have to make two trips in heals ;)

5:15 - wake up, change him, feed him a little snack

5:30 - put DS in his swing with Baby Einstein DVD while I get ready (everything but clothes in case he spits up andplusalso our couch has ALL the dog hair on it which isn't such a great accessory)

6 - grab DS and play with him and spend quality time

6:30 - feed DS again (make sure he fills up this time!)

6:40 - put DS in swing for a few more minutes and put on clothes then pack the car with bag with bottles, my purse, and lunch

6:55- change him, put him in the car seat, off to DC!

I have a lot of down time (about 30 minutes) to spend with DS before DC and that way I also have cushion if it is a crazy morning. I also hate to be late, so I need that comfort not to stress out.

I don't have to be at work until 8, but his DC is 20ish minutes from home, it takes about 10 minutes to drop him off, and his DC is 20ish minutes from my work

ETA: I shower at night while DH gives DS a bath and that way my hair is already dry and easy to fix!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    kimberpookimberpoo member
    edited August 2014

I agree with getting everything ready the night before, especially if you are not a morning person!!

6:20 - alarm goes off. snooze.

6:30 alarm goes off. cuss getting up early and acknowledge that if I don't get up I will be late.

6:35 3rd alarm. snooze

6:45 feel like crying as I pry myself from the warm bed. by this point LO is usually up from hearing my alarm and ready to eat.

if LO is up, I change his diaper, put him in an outfit, and feed him. If I'm lucky and he stayed asleep, I rush to get myself ready. I do 15 mins for makeup, 5 mins for hair. I usually use the liquid Purity facial cleanser, but if I'm really running late these are amazing: https://www.sephora.com/purity-made-simple-one-step-facial-cleansing-cloths-P374947?icid2=Philosophy_Cleansers_Carousel_P374947_image

I take 15 mins to pump, 10 to get dressed. lo eats for 15-30 mins. I eat breakfast while I pump. I save pumping for last as I can cut that short if I absolutely have to.

I'll always set everything I need to take with me that day on the couch by the door so I don't forget anything. I also have all LO's bottles prepared for the day so I can just pop them in the cooler with icepacks and go. Diaperbag is always prepped with extras so I only check every few days if anything needs restocking. (there are diapers/wipes/etc at grandmas house so diaper bag is extra extras).

edit: I should add that I try to leave by 7:45 am but rarely get out before 8, often later. be sure to give yourself at least an extra 20 minute cushion!!!! you never know when LO will have a diapersplosion or something. good luck!

• Options
    @kimberpoo I am exactly like you w the snooze alarm haha
  • Options
    @kirotea‌ Robert also plays spitup Russian roulette lol! His isn't quite as drastic though. Yikes lol
  • Options
    @kimberpoo‌ TOTALLY my relationship with my alarm!!
  • Options
    matthewmeganmatthewmegan member
    edited August 2014

5:30AM- wake up & get myself ready

6AM-get DD up and dressed and fed

6:30AM-leave the house

6:50AM- arrive at daycare

7:30AM- sitting at desk to work.

PS- super jealous of anyone with a husband home to help!  DH is always gone before I even wake up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"