High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Has a slow-growing embryo and misdiagnosed miscarriage ever turned into a viable pregnancy?

I'm not sure if anyone will even read this, but I'm desperate for hope. I'm supposed to be 8 weeks 1 day pregnant. My last pregnancy (7 months ago) was ectopic, so soon after my BFP I went in for early HCG tests and ultrasounds to be sure that this was a healthy, viable pregnancy. My levels were much higher than with the ectopic, and while they weren't doubling, they were definitely rising over a few weeks. I had my first ultrasound which confirmed the egg had reached the uterus, there was a gestational sac and a yolk sac. We were filled with joy, but cautiously optimistic after our first loss and my own health scare. 

Two weeks after my US I had my blood drawn again and the levels had barely climbed. I was immediately scheduled for another US the next day, and they told me that I wasn't measuring where I should and that the sac looked like it was empty; the yolk sac didn't even seem to be there anymore. No embryo and definitely no heartbeat. Devastated! My doctor scheduled me for a D&C but told me to get my blood taken once more. I did, and the levels jumped. Didn't double, but significantly jumped. He told me to hold off on the D&C. 

Apparently a team of radiologists looked at my two US images and said they thought there MIGHT be a very tiny embryo in my latest exam. They said the cause for the size and positioning could be because of a vanishing twin but there might still be one embryo that is going to continue. I also had a hematoma, which could potentially explain some of the very light spotting I've had. 

The plan is for me to get my levels drawn again in a few days and then to have another US 10 days after my last one. Has anyone had these sort of symptoms and had a viable, healthy pregnancy? I am on an emotional roller coaster but even if this ends in miscarriage, I'd much rather be 100% certain that it is NOT a viable pregnancy before I have a D&C.

Re: Has a slow-growing embryo and misdiagnosed miscarriage ever turned into a viable pregnancy?

• Options
    This was exactly me almost 4 years ago. I refused to have a d/c and did miscarry on my own. It was a horrendous roller coaster that I couldn't get off of for almost 10 weeks. Sorry you are in this boat!!!
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"