Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Helping LO through first cold - any tips?

DD never had a cold this early, but thanks to her toddler germs, DS (15 weeks) has his first. Last night he was constantly snuffling, gagging on snot, and coughing. Once I realized he was coming down with a cold and it wasn't a flare up of his silent reflux, I took him out of the crib and tried the RNP. It didn't seem to help much - I think the mucus was still running down the back of his throat. I tried holding him, but he gets too hot and squirmy. Other than the usual tips (steamy bath before bed, nosefrida, humidifier), do you ladies have any advice on how to help him get more comfortable and get some rest? Any success with swing or RNP versus crib when the snot is really thin and runny? It keeps tickling his throat and making him cough constantly. Poor little guy.

Re: Helping LO through first cold - any tips?

• Options
    Mine has already been sick twice since I had him due to my toddler as well. I always do saline drops to help clear out their nose along with the other things you mentioned. I don't do anything else besides that. No matter where you put your lo their sleep is never that good when sick because they are uncomfortable. And def do baby tylenol if your lo has a fever. That is it..just the standard things I would do for my toddler as well. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    I also used the honest brand vapor rub on his feet at night. Lots of comfort nursing if you are bf'ing. My little guy had a cold last week. Thankfully he was back to his usual self in a few days. Hope yours is too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're in the same boat. 2nd cold - 22 weeks. Doing everything you mentioned. Our LO out grew the RNP, so I placed very small wedge underneath his mattress pad to slightly elevate one end of his mattress to help with breathing and congestion. You can use towels as well... again it's under the mattress (not under the sheet). That way LO has no chance of getting to it.
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"