Late Term and Child Loss

PgAL check in 8/15

Good Morning ladies and happy Friday!

I hope everyone has been doing well this week!  Every week that passes is a wonderful milestone. Feel free to post any questions you may have.
How far along are you?

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?

QOTW: How does your SO feel about being PgAL?

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?

Re: PgAL check in 8/15

• How far along are you? 11 weeks

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Thursday we have our next ultrasound, so we are excited!

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Nope, not anymore!  Nausea is starting to subside already, too. 

QOTW: How does your SO feel about being PgAL? He is having a hard time connecting with this pregnancy, much like I am.  He is afraid of getting attached, but he loves this baby and is excited for him/her.  I think for both of us, this pregnancy is a big reminder of what we have lost so we are both having more bad days than good right now. 

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? Yesterday I walked into the boys' nursery and almost lost it.  I get really emotional opening their closet.  I'm not sure how we are going to use this nursery for another baby.  I can't bring myself to rearrange their stuff, but it's the only free room we have since our 3rd bedroom is my home office.  It'd be nuts for me to get rid of my office and use that as a nursery, right?!
  • chickinNH Thank you.  I think we are thinking of using the nursery for this baby but somehow incorporating the boys so that the room is for all three of them, like maybe keeping on wall with all their stuff and a separate dresser for them.  I've been thinking about you a lot this week because I know how difficult all of this must be, from Petey's EDD to the timing of getting pregnant.  It's so hard to juggle all the emotions that come along with PgAL.  I think everything that you have planned for today is perfect and I hope that it will help you feel closer to your little angel.  Thinking of you today and sending lots of love. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @chickinnh Thinking of you and Petey.

How far along are you? 27 weeks 5 days

Upcoming Appointments/milestones:

I have an appointment next week and then after that it's every two weeks. We also have an ultrasound in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to see him again.

Symptoms/cravings: I woke up today with some nausea which is strange since that hasn't happened in a while. I am also very easily short of breath from walking up stairs. Feet have been swollen a little too but it goes away.

QOTW: He is very excited. Like me he was very cautious for a while but seems to have relaxed a bit recently once we started to tell more and more people. We both honestly didn't think that after five losses we would ever get the chance to have a biological baby at home and while we know there are no guarantees we feel so blessed to be here now and are thankful that we never gave up despite the grief and pain that we have endured these past 4.5 years.

Open topic: It will be the two year anniversary of our baby girl's passing next month and I feel like it really crept up on me. Like many of you can relate it is very emotionally difficult to be so sad for the loss of a child and yet hopeful for the new life of another. I know that she is looking down on her baby brother and us but I wish she were here on Earth too.
  • @chickinNH‌ - ((hugs)) today.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • @ikrystal, I love the idea of them sharing a room!

We decided if this baby is a boy we'll use all of Lincoln's things and his room. And we'll definitely use the gender neutral things like the stroller and swing. As hard as it will be, I can't see not using the cute things that were always intended to be handed down among siblings. I told the new baby (yep, talk to it already) "Just because you have an angel for a brother doesn't mean you get all new stuff."

• How far along are you? 6 weeks, 5 days

Still waiting for my first ultrasound on the 26th. I've been so tempted to ask them if I can come in early, but I'm afraid it'll be too early to see something and just make me more nervous.

A bit of nausea is starting, mostly in the evenings. And I fill nauseous after I eat, or if I don't eat. That's helpful.

QOTW: How does your SO feel about being PgAL? So excited. We haven't been getting along the best the past few weeks, a lot of stress in the household, but he's absolutely thrilled. And nervous it's a girl.

I had a girls' night this week for a work event and there was a tarot card reader. She told me this baby was a girl, and perfectly  healthy. So there's that...

• ***DS1 mentioned***

@ikrystal - I know I'm not PGAL, but I had a comment about your nursery concerns, and just wanted to share our PAL experience.  I think your idea to share the nursery with the boys things is a good idea, but maybe only for a while....   I know kids share rooms all the time, but its a little different since the boys are angels.  Our experience has been that in the past few months (it has been almost a year since we lost Colton) our older son, who is 4, has had quite a bit of jealousy towards Colton.  We have his photos up around the house, lots of little elephants (which remind us of him) and we talk about him often.  Recently I was wearing a shirt we had made for a 5k we ran in Colton's memory and my son told me he didn't want me to wear that shirt.  To go take it off.   So, my reason for sharing all of that, is that I worry that your new baby might start to feel jealous, or less important, because they share their room with the boys, in a way.  Obviously those feelings are a long time coming, because for at least the first year or two after the new baby is born, they would have no idea, but at some point, it might hurt feelings.  Also, are you okay with the baby opening the dresser drawers and playing with whatever is in there?  Because that is likely to happen too, at some point.  Just my random thoughts, and honestly, not an immediate concern, but maybe something to think about?  Nurseries are so hard - we had to pack Colton's up at the start of the summer when we moved, and while it was so hard to do, it kind of helped that I had no choice, it had to be done because we were moving.  Its a hard decision.  ((hugs))

DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Hi ladies

How far along are you?  4w5d

Just called my OB, since I was scheduled like..6 weeks out for my first apt. I called to make sure that's what she wanted. She hadn't actually been told I called, so she was very happy to hear I was pregnant! She sent me for betas, I'll do my second Monday. Then once we have those results we will schedule an early ultrasound! She does want to start me on baby asprin, just as a precaution

Today, I am so, so tired. We did a lot, but this is definitly more than my regular tired. Sore boobs, and my appetite has increased. I've also been having night sweats for about a week. This was common in my last pregnancy too

QOTW: How does your SO feel about being PgAL? 
    He is very happy. Probably less worried than I am..and more outwardly joyful.

Wew, I want to be 100% this is real, and I really am growing a baby in there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• @chickinNH (((big hugs))) thinking of you, your fam and Petey today!

@ikrystal I understand about the nursery. What we're doing is incorperating Ana. We'll have her pictures up. I want to get a full sized bookcase, and have "Ana's shelf" with some of her things so she can watch over him. I also made her a cross stitch, and am working on one for our rainbow. When they are done I will frame them and hang them both in there. I often think of the nursery as "the babies room" as opposed to Ana's room now.

My Blog

Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• @stefuge I think you made a good point. My plan was to have Ana's stuff up in the nursery only until we upgrade to a "toddler" room. We intend to buy a house, hopefully before this baby would be two, and at that point he/she would have their own room and we'd keep Ana's stuff seperate. I like the idea of her watching over the baby, but totally get how that would not work as the baby got older.

My Blog

Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• jess123456 Good luck at your appointment next week!  I hope that the nausea starts to subside. I've known people who had their nausea come and go throughout their pregnancy, so as strange as it sounds it probably isn't as out of the ordinary as we think.  I'll be thinking of you as this two year anniversary comes up.  Always feel free to vent or talk about it during the check ins.  As much as the check ins are about our current pregnancies, they are just as much about our angels as well. 

Mel&John2013 I like the idea of "hand-me-downs" - its a reminder to the little one that someone that came before them has something to share :)  I'm sorry things have been so stressful, but that is wonderful that your husband is so excited.  I don't really usually put much weight on tarot cards, but nevertheless it is wonderful to hear from any source that the baby is healthy.  FX for a great first ultrasound!  

stefuge  Thank you for sharing that.  You brought some points up that I would not have thought of, especially about the little one going into the dresser when s/he gets older.  Right now, it feels right to have the boys' things in their nursery.  I know it won't work down the line.  We are actually planning on moving before this little one has his/her first birthday, so at that point I think Ben and Conner's things might have a special place in the master bedroom or in my office in the new house (where we will have more room).  I just don't want to pack them away.  I'm sorry to hear that your son is having a little jealousy as well.  I imagine that must be difficult to juggle while keeping Colton's memory alive.  Hugs to you. 

shandorfml2 as much as pregnancy symptoms can be difficult, it must be reassuring to feel all of those things!  I'm happy to hear that you will be going in for an early ultrasound and I cannot wait to hear about it.  FX for a great first ultrasound (and a great ultrasound every time!).  I love that you are incorporating Ana into the room and how it is the "babies' room."  I think that is a wonderful way to look at it!  
  • How far along are you? 4 weeks 4 days

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? First appointment is on the 27th.

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? I've felt sick for weeks. That seems to be going away. The gagging while brushing my teeth has started to get really bad (that was bad for all of my last pregnancy). 
    No cravings or aversions yet. 

QOTW: How does your SO feel about being PgAL? He really doesn't talk about it. I think he is excited about this baby. He did tell me before we started TTC that he wasn't ready yet, but could be ready by the time the baby is here.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? I'm surprised that I'm not more scared that something is going to happen. I thought I would be more freaked out all the time. I have moments, but it's not very often. I hope it stays this way, but I know it probably won't. I still have 8 more months to worry.
    Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• @dadalou‌ I'm glad that the sickness you've been feeling is starting to subside. My husband didn't really talk about the baby much at first, or even really now. I think it's a protective factor. I really hope that you have more days when you don't worry than do worry, but just know that when you do have those rough days we are all here!
  • How far along are you?   7 weeks today

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?   I have my last ultrasound at the RE before being released to the OB, yay!

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? No cravings....and seemingly I have an aversion to everything. I'm starving one minute but once I start eating I feel like I'm going to lose my cookies. Then 20min later repeat. Every once and awhile something sets well (like homemade salsa the other night worked ok....and of course things like potato chips never cause a problem, LOL)

QOTW: How does your SO feel about being PgAL?  He's nervous and anxious just like me. Its tough to see him feel this way because I don't want him to be disappointed again.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?   Missing DH.... he is on a fishing trip this whole week with his dad and brother. I feel like with him gone I'm actually more anxious about this pregnancy since I'm alone for a week. I'm used to it for the most part since he works 2nd and 3rd shifts all the time but this is different because I wake up now in the middle of the night to pee and he's not there :(     Hopefully Saturday gets here soon!

Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Anniversary

• jonahsmajonahsma member
    edited August 2014

How far along are you? 34 weeks and 6 days.. getting closer and more anxious.

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Nst tomorrow and OB appt on tues (I get to get "the check" Yippee!) then another nst thurs.

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?  a lot of Heartburn. It's so bad it makes my eyes water. Also small pains in my "v" especially when she moves around. I guess Im getting to the uncomfortable stage, but as crazy as I feel and as much as I can complain, I wouldn't change a thing so long as I can bring baby home.

QOTW: How does your SO feel about being PgAL? He's really excited and getting anxious to meet his little girl. He told me the other day that when he's feeling uneasy or a little emotional that he puts his hand on my belly and she comforts him. That makes me feel good.ETA- words

• yay! Congrats @BrittianyM !

This is such great news!

• ikrystal : My husband and I have also been having a harder time connecting with this pregnancy.  Hoping that after seeing the baby again tomorrow on U/S we will feel a little more connected

Mel&John2013 : I also like the idea of using Q's things for the next baby.  I'm saving a few of the outfits he wore to have made into a quilt, but will use the other stuff as hand me downs for sure.  This baby will just get to have brand new hand me downs.

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

• How far along are you? 11w5d

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? NT scan and gender blood work tomorrow.  Looking forward to seeing our little cupcake :)

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Just REALLY tired ALL THE TIME.  I've also been getting some headaches, but they are related to the fatigue. 

QOTW: How does your SO feel about being PgAL? We are both having a harder time connecting to the baby this time.  I think with Q everything was so new and exciting, and with this one we are protecting ourselves a little bit.  It's totally not intentional, and I'm hoping that now we are almost past the first trimester we will start to connect a little more.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? Yesterday was 6 months since Q passed away, so that was a tough one.  My husband is a beautiful writer and wrote about how much we miss him, and that was nice.

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

• Congrats @BrittianyM‌, @kflynn81‌, @dadalou‌, @chickinNH‌, @Mel&John2013 and any other new PgAL ladies. I'm also jumping in..

How far along are you? 4 weeks, 6 days

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? First ultrasound on September 8th and Wesley's 8 month birthday a week from today.

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? So far, just a bit of of queasiness. I had hyperemesis with Wesley so I threw up for the entire pregnancy and lost 30 pounds in my first and second trimester. It was awful but I find myself wishing it would start again just so I have confirmation that I'm actually pregnant (I'll probably kick myself for saying that sometime soon!).

QOTW: How does your SO feel about being PgAL? He's cautiously optimistic and excited. He's been trying to not get to far ahead of himself but he's really happy.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? I just can't believe I'm pregnant. I'm not sure I'll really believe it until we have the ultrasound.
  • Yay and congrats @BrittianyM‌ !!!!

My Blog

Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Congrats @Bgirma!!!!!!!! ;)
  • WHOA!  Congrats to all the new ladies!  So excited to see that this check in is growing!!

kflynn81 so sorry you are/were dealing with DH being away.  I know it sucks waking up to your husband not there!  I've got the same problem you have - starving all the time (my baby is going to be fat, I just know it) but as soon as I start eating.... oh boy.  Good luck at your first OB appointment!

jonahsma that is so precious that your husband finds comfort in touching your belly!  I'm sorry you are dealing with those pregnancy symptoms, they don't sound fun at all.  I winced when you mentioned your pain. But, you are nearing the end and we are all awaiting to see your beautiful baby!  

BrittianyM Welcome!  That shock might not subside for awhile, lol.  Taking it one day at a time is a smart idea.  Good luck at your first OB appointment, please let us know when you have it! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

erinel I feel the same way you do about this pregnancy.  We are a bit disconnected, but not on purpose.  Being PgAL takes away alot of the excitement, which isn't fair but is the reality of the situation.  What a sweet thing that your husband did!  I know it must have been hard to get through that anniversary.  Hugs to you. 

Bgirma Welcome!  Hugs as Wesley's 8 month birthday comes up. I know those milestones and anniversaries are difficult, to say the least.  That hyperemesis sounds awful!  You are a tough girl to go through that!  I hope you get the symptoms you are looking for without the severe nausea.  Good luck at your first appointment!  I know it's not for a little while but it is something great to look forward to. 

• @BrittianyM‌ and @Bgirma‌ - congratulations!!!

• @aragosta‌ - lots of ((hugs)). You're doing great!

• aragosta yes, always better late than never!  I'm so, so sorry you are having such a rough pregnancy.  I'm glad that they moved up your monitoring to give you some peace of mind. I can't imagine what you and your husband are going through with William's diagnosis.  I'm praying for you, your husband, and your little one.  You are on tough mama :)
  • Big hugs @aragosta‌ . You might have posted this already but what is their plan for will? Wait until 40 weeks? C section? Surgery after birth?

My Blog

Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• shandorfml2 Congrats on great betas!

aragosta FX that all the news you get from here on out is good news!
  • aragosta said:

@shandorfml2 - Yay for good betas! 

C-section between 37-38 weeks.  They were kinda pushing for 37 yesterday because they are worried about my anxiety level.  I'm hoping to tone it down and make it to 38.  Then he will have surgery the day after he's born.  I'm delivering at a Children's Hospital about 45 miles from my house so I can be at least at the same hospital that he's in.

It's kind of confusing actually.  He's got myelomengicele with skin over it apparently.  Which is really unheard of.  In fact I tried googling it and I can't find anything.  It's a really really GOOD thing but doctors are differing on how they want to treat it.  99% they will do surgery within the first 24 hours he's born though.  The skin is likely thin and could rupture resulting in infection.  Still zero brain swelling which about 90% of kids with SB have. 

I'm a special snowflake once again with statistics but they are going in the good direction as of right now!

Wow, that's great!!! It's also nice you can deliver in the same hospital he will be in. Keep doin' a good job Will!

My Blog

Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards