Multiples

Snap and Go Experts Needed

I have noticed that there are quite a few of you ladies who suggest snap and go type strollers for the infant stage.  We have been planning on on using a SBS stroller for the main stroller but I can't find one that takes 2 infant carseats.  We are planning on using Chicco Keyfits, and I have heard they don't fit well universally in all of the frames.  I looked on Chicco's website and it looks like they only make them for 1 carseat, and the major baby stores don't cary a lot in the double stroller department.  Do any of y'all have any recommendations?

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
 Blocked Left Tube. 
Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
MTHFR 
 Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
 IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
 5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
  6/1/2014~ **BFP**
6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Snap and Go Experts Needed

• We have the chico key fit 30s and have tried them with both the DNSG new and old models (I got both on craigslist to try out - the newer one has one seat higher than the other). We cannot make them fit safely on the newer model and based on internet research neither can anyone else. We can get them to fit pretty well on the older DSNG model but they don't "snap" or "click" in and you have to use these straps. You also have to put them in EXACTLY right to get them to fit (and we had to watch this random 2009 youtube video about five times to get it right). So after getting both of those DSNG we have decided to go with the Joovy Twin Roo - it hasn't arrived yet but there is lots of feedback on the internet that it works well with the the chico key fit 30s. So here's to hoping.
    Me - 35. DH - 40. TTC #1 since 9/2010. 
    IUI #1-2 BFN
    IUI #3 BFP = C/P
    IUI #4-6 BFNs
    IVF #1 Lupron and Gonal F: 29R 29M 28F
    2 blastocysts transferred 12/14/13
    Beta at 9dp5dt = 285; Beta at 12dp5dt = 925
    It's twins! EDD 9/2/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We have Chicco Keyfits and they work with the Joovy twin Roo.  They do snap in well with this one.  I also like how it's shorter than the DSNG, but it still feels like you are pushing a shopping cart.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If you're using Keyfits, I'd get a joovy twin too. I loved ours.

• I think I have my answer, one more question, How to you feel about them facing the side?

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    MTHFR 
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099

• chickyclg said:

I think I have my answer, one more question, How to you feel about them facing the side?

You mean in the joovy? It never bothered me at all. They each had their own vantage point.

I liked that it clicked in place, was shorter than your typical tandem and not as wide as a SBS.

• FYI the Joovy does NOT work with Maxi Cosi/Nuna/Cybex. I had to get a DSNG.
  • Joovy is great with the chicco seats.
  • Joovy also works with gracco snugrides. The facing different directions isn't a big deal. Sometimes one gets blinded by the sun cause I'm looking at the other. We have pulled it up to a table & t urned one so both facing same direction as make shift high chair.
  • I bought a "double snap n go" made by Baby Trend.  It is the universal car seat holder.  =)  I bought it at Babies R Us and they can order you one if not in the store.   :)  It have the following infant car seats:   Graco Snugride Click Connect 35 ......I also registered for the Graco side by side stroller that matches and it will hold the car seats as well and allow the babies to grow into the stroller up until they are at least 4 yrs old.  (My Mother in law bought it for us and it fits the car seats perfectly too! Good luck!

************** Siggy Warning************

Married August 2012 -- Me (40 yrs old) My husband (45 yrs. old) 

RE referral from ObGYN in late Jan. 2013 -- Testing Confirms Unexplained IF 

IUI #"s1 - 3 (Femara + IUI) April - June 2013 - all BFN

Decided to do IVF... Began stimming on September 10th!  Egg Retrieval 9/20/13.  19 eggs: 6 to mature to freeze after 6 fertilized with ICSI

3 morula stage embryos transferred on 9/25/13.....Beta #1 on 10/4/13/ = 7.5  Beta #2 on 10/6/13 =  negative

IVF#2 - Lupron plan  (set to begin on 10/28/13)  (Planning on thawing and fertilizing our 6 eggs with ICSI as well as all of the mature eggs they retrieve with this fresh cycle.)

Late October 2013 - ectopic pregnancy - methotrexate injection....benched 3 months

CD1 - 12/5/13...Lupron set to start on 12/26/13; CD1 - 1/2/14....Baseline 1/3/14....begin follistim tonight and continue with lupron.  (Got my calendar today!  IVF#2 is a go!)

ER = 1/14/14  (11 eggs....9 were mature. 9 fertilized.  Of the 6 mature eggs we thawed, only 4 fertilized.  At this time, we have 13 eggs fertilized and growing.  Waiting for news about a 3-day or 5-day transfer.)

ET = 1/19/14  (5dt).....3 blastocysts transferred!   (All nine embryos didn't make it to freeze.  =(  )

Beta #1 = 1/28/14   (2 weeks after ER)  BFP! 209 (9dp5dt)   EDD 10/7/14

Beta #2 - 1/30/14  (11 dp5dt) 302

Beta #3 - 2/3/14  (15 dp5dt)  1222 

Ultrasound set for 2/17/14......TWINS!        Twin A - HR 124 bpm; Twin B - HR 126 bpm

Final Ultrasound with RE 3/10/14 - Twin A - HR 176 bpm; Twin B - HR 177 bpm.

PAIF/SAIF Welcome! 

imageimage 

imageimageimage

• We used the Chiccos with the CitySelect Double Jogging Stroller.  You need to buy the extra seat adapter and 2 car seat adapters separately.  To be honest, I was never quite comfortable with the way they fit. The back seat never quite clicked.  We used it, but only when necessary.

As soon as they were about 3-4 months old, we used used the stroller without the car seats.

D & L are here at 34 weeks 4 days by vaginal and breech delivery on 11/19/2013
    Two healthy boys weighing 4 lbs 15 ozs and 4 lbs 5 ozs.  Only 6 days in the NICU and getting bigger, stronger and cuter every day! 
  • xtina78 said:

We have the chico key fit 30s and have tried them with both the DNSG new and old models (I got both on craigslist to try out - the newer one has one seat higher than the other). We cannot make them fit safely on the newer model and based on internet research neither can anyone else. We can get them to fit pretty well on the older DSNG model but they don't "snap" or "click" in and you have to use these straps. You also have to put them in EXACTLY right to get them to fit (and we had to watch this random 2009 youtube video about five times to get it right). So after getting both of those DSNG we have decided to go with the Joovy Twin Roo - it hasn't arrived yet but there is lots of feedback on the internet that it works well with the the chico key fit 30s. So here's to hoping.

I'm confused by this. I have a Chicco keyfit 30 and a Chicco keyfit and I use the newer model every day and it's great. I set them in and they feel fairly secure and then I clip the strap around just to be safe, which only take a second. I bought mine off Craigslist used and the person had Chiccos too... Maybe there is another way to configure it? I love it bc it's lightweight and easy to get in and out of the car. Just wondering what's different?
  • @whitehousem - it totally could be that we were doing something wrong, but we could not get them to fit in a way that we felt comfortable with. I have to say though that neither DH or I is the most mechanically inclined person.
    Me - 35. DH - 40. TTC #1 since 9/2010. 
    IUI #1-2 BFN
    IUI #3 BFP = C/P
    IUI #4-6 BFNs
    IVF #1 Lupron and Gonal F: 29R 29M 28F
    2 blastocysts transferred 12/14/13
    Beta at 9dp5dt = 285; Beta at 12dp5dt = 925
    It's twins! EDD 9/2/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We have the Joovy Twin Roo for our Chicco seats. We have a Keyfit and a Keyfit 30. It steers wonderfully, like a much smaller stroller, and the seats snap in securely. It takes a bit of getting used to to get the angle right to get them snapped in (they just turned 1 month so we're still working on it) and the basket is impossible to access with the seats in, but we expected that one. It's a little awkward to have them facing different directions when you're stopped somewhere or want to feed them in their seats. We have turned one of the seats so they're both facing us when we're sitting somewhere like the waiting room in the Dr office or out to eat.
  • Thanks every one!!!

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    MTHFR 
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099

• BeesKnees181BeesKnees181 member
    edited August 2014
    Graco snugride 30's work just fine in the Snap 'n Go. I love our Snap ' n Go...we use it for everything from walks to grocery store trips.

• So glad I came across this post. I registered for the Chicco Key Fit 30's and the DSNG, I had read the reviews that they don't work 'perfectly' with the DSNG but that you could make it secure with straps and some people actually modified the stroller - not something I was comfortable doing. I wasn't thrilled with the idea of the setup but figured it was better than nothing (I am planning/hoping to use my Bob Dualie as my exclusive stroller after they are out of infant seats). I didn't realize the Joovy was an option, I am annoyed I didn't see this in all the research I did. In addition to the posts above I just looked around and found glowing reviews on the Joovy paired with the Key Fits, I am so excited! Just contacted Diapers.com requesting exchange information. I finally feel like I've found the perfect setup! Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"