April 2014 Moms

Moms of girls: hair accessories!

For being such a hairy girl, Tessa has absolutely no hair accessories whatsoever. I want to buy her some items that are functional and washable, but still cute in a subtle way. No huge Etsy flower headbands here, though! Where do you get your hair accessories for your baby girls? I'm specifically thinking of little hair clips/bows, elastics and fabric headbands with simple, classic designs. Nothing garish or flashy.

Re: Moms of girls: hair accessories!

• I bought a pack of ~14 different color elastic headbands on Amazon. A little poof on each of them but nothing super huge!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD on a recent trip to London. 3 yrs old.
    EDD 4/7/18
    MC 5/20/17 @8 wks
  • We just use rubber bands and put her hair up in a little horn on her head.
  • Loading the player...
  • I got a pack of really nice clips from target. The metal prong is wrapped in ribbon so it doesn't tug.
  • I've made a lot of mine. I bought the headbands at Michael's. And I have put the bows on clips so I can change out the bows.
  • ImnAtari said:

make them!

Not surprisingly, I have a few crafty friends who I could exploit for ideas and a tutorial. I will explore these other options too. This also just made me realize I have an unexpected $15 in credit on zulily leftover from half a year ago. Nice!! I love when years-old referrals suddenly make a purchase. Voila! Free money!
  • MalyJMalyJ member
    edited August 2014
    Headbands and hair accessories were one of the biggest disappointments in having two boys. I'll never get to indulge in these. :((

ETA I obviously love both of my boys immensely...just to clarify.

• Jealous, my poor bald girly. She'll be 3 before I can use clips on her
  • I buy all of DD's bows (grippy alligator clips with grosgrain bows) from the Etsy seller CuteBows4Girls.

I know, I know, you're blown away by her branding originality...
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • I buy all of DD's bows (grippy alligator clips with grosgrain bows) from the Etsy seller CuteBows4Girls. I know, I know, you're blown away by her branding originality...
    Me too. I love that the headbands have a pocket to put the clip on so we can mix and match headband/ bow colors. When she's got enough hair I can take the clip off and use it separately. Plus they're cheap!

• Look up Wee Ones hairbows online. They are good bows with a strip of grippy/rubbery stuff so it doesn't slide out. The bows are nice and not gigantic and cheap looking. I buy the headbands and attach the bows to them also. Very pretty bows that are appropriate for babies.
  • @diamondtaurus‌ ya tons of it. Lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 9/18/10
    TTC 1/1/12
    BFP #1 12/13/12 MMC Confirmed 1/30/13
    BFP #2 6/17/13, (Clomid+Ovidrel) CP Confirmed 6/26/13
    BFP #3 8/14/2013 (Letrozole+IUI) Charlie Grace born 5/2/2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Laparoscopic surgery 8/15 to remove misplaced IUD

BFP #4, #5, #6  (Letrozole+IUI)all MMC, BFP #7 EDD 1/3/2017

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• rtv3rtv3 member
    Yeah... my kid is bald. I put bigger headbands on her just to hide the receding hairline! Pretty much only for church and family functions. I'm too lazy the rest of the time ;)
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• Envious of all the cute baby hair! We definitely don't have enough to clip anything to. So far it's just packs of thin headbands and a few thicker ones from hobby lobby that I clip bows/flowers to.

BabyFetus Ticker

• I like to use all of the outrageous ones but this is my favorite one. It is a cottony stretch fabric headband and a large yet simple bow. It came in a 2-pack also from target. (Posing with her auntie).
  • Hey moms!!! Visit my etsy shop Avasbabybands and check out the headbands I make. Use coupon code FBNEWCUSTOMER10 to receive 10% off.

Here is a look at some of the headbands I make:
  • Baby Beans and Me on etsy has some great stuff
    DS#1 Jack was born 3/29/12
    BFP #2 8/10/13, EDD 4/19/14 Team Green! 

• megan8127 said:

Baby Beans and Me on etsy has some great stuff

LOVE. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"