March 2014 Moms

Bath time

What tubs/seats/props are you all using? We had been using a bath that she was reclined in and she loved it. Now she squirms too much and gets out of that groove and goes under every 2 seconds. Thinking of a bath seat, but don't know if that's just a waste or what we will want/need past the baby bath.

Re: Bath time

• We just started using this one and he seems to really like it:
    It's on Amazon for $17. Has a seat for LO to recline and one for him to sit up too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • we take showers and I lay her flat on a sponge if/when I need to. We will likely hold off on getting any tub thing and just wait til she can sit up in the tub for baths.

note: we also have a blue sling type thing... which is awesome! but she can flop herself out of it too easy so now it's retired.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have this one and really love it. It's from Summer Infant 

Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• I just use the baby bath, without the sling, it looks similar to the one @ceventa has. She kicks up a storm in it & I always end up soaked by the time we are done.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Ceventa said:

We just started using this one and he seems to really like it:

It's on Amazon for $17. Has a seat for LO to recline and one for him to sit up too. 
    I use this too! Gets the job done. I have him sit with his head on the right
  • My daughter could always kick herself out of bathtubs and seats. I just got rid of them and put a folded towel on the bottom of the bathtub. Put a bit of water in the bottom and you're golden. Or shower with them, it's soooo much easier. 
  • Oh, and I believe Will has taken about 3 baths in his life. I always just hand him to my H right before he gets out of the shower. Takes two seconds and he loves it. 
  • We just started using this one and he seems to really like it:

Layla really liked this one when we used it in Canada.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Ceventa said:

That's the one we have and she's getting too big for the reclined part (slipping out of the bump that's supposed to keep her in place) but not sitting up unassisted enough to use the other side.
  • Ceventa said:

We use this and it works really well for us.
  • We just got this one last night, used it tonight and he seems to like it.
    He slips a little toward the front, I just scooted him back every few minutes.
    He also doesn't sit by himself yet but is ok with this.image
  • babycaps said:

I will scald my LO if he showers with me! I like my water REALLY hot!!

Me too!

I still can't wrap my head around showering with a baby. The moment you need to soap them up I'd be petrified of dropping him! I'm just not that talented lol

I like the idea of this. My friend used this with her daughter. But then I keep thinking it may not be so kind to little boys.... I could be just paranoid though lol
  • That's why I scooched him up so often. Lol
  • 1) Regular big tub
    2) seat similar to what @sambrownmac10‌ posted
    3) showers with me/DH
    Or 4) big tub with me

He loves the water and loves to squirm, splash and float. Baby tub was only used in the first couple months while bathing with his brother to keep LO safe from him.

• We are still using the blooming bath in the sink, but I think we are going to have to move it to the tub soon.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We're basically still doing sponge baths. In a sling seat in the big tub. We never got a baby tub.

• We just turn down the heat while he's in. It's honestly less than a minute. He's so quick to lather up and rinse off.
  • LolaBelle11LolaBelle11 member
    edited August 2014
    right now i just lay a towel down in the tub, fill it about an inch and give him a good wash. then i let him lay there and kick kick kick! he loves it. I do have a bath chair, but thats for when hes sitting up all by himself.

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't wait until Robert can sit all by himself so he can play in the tub. I have such cute tub toys, can't wait to pull them out!

Playing in the tub when I was little was one of my favorite memories :)
  • edited August 2014
    mfarmer0811 mentioned. We put the little tub in the big tub, fill the big tub with a few inches of water to keep things warm, and then wash her in the little tub. We had a different one originally (4Moms?) and I think it was too big for her. She kept sliding and started to become terrified of the bath. She still doesn't love it, but tolerates it willingly now ;)

Of course now she's getting kind of long for the Summer Infant one so we might end up trying the bigger one again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I tried bathing with DS for the first time last night. Although he got clean and enjoyed it, for me it is more of a hassle since I just ended up showering afterwards. I enjoy my hot shower by myself and for us it is easier and quicker to have DH bathe DS while I shower. However, I wish it was more convenient to bathe with him and I cannot wait for him to be big enough to play with all of the bath toys and splash around more :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • @Sambrownmac10 where did you get your bath seat? that is exactly what I want to get but haven't seen any around! 
  • We have the same blue tub, but he's getting pretty big for it. Hoping I can stretch until he sits up by himself and we can move to this:
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • None. DH takes a bath with LO almost every night. It's their quality time and LO gets to enjoy playing with floating ducks/boats and splashing :-)

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • He takes a bath with DD in the Angel Care bath Support. It's the only one I've found that he doesn't slide all around in. (I tried posting a pic, but I can't for some reason).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We use a plain baby bath without any inserts. Have done since day one. I just hold on to LO. We have been using toys too since a few weeks ago - she now LOVES bath time. She never hated it, but now she gets excited for it :)

Same one! She does well in it!

• I have this bath chair: https://www.target.com/p/summer-infant-deluxe-baby-bather-blue/-/A-13933368#prodSlot=_1_1

I don't love it. LO slides all around on it. it would work great if it had something between his legs so he wouldn't slide down so much. It would be fine if we had a baby tub to set it in, but I bathe him in our giant deep soaker tub (with me sitting in the tub with him) and he slides everywhere.

• SmittyPants   I was looking at that one! I like that it has the bump between the legs. maybe my LO wouldn't slide down in that one...glad you like it. might pick it up :)

• Anyone using something new since lOs are now sitting?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"