October 2012 Moms

If you still use pacifiers...

DS still uses a pacifier to go to sleep and during nap time but when he uses it during the day, he is biting them and breaking them...   we use the 18 - 24 month NUK ones. 

Do your LO do that? Anything to prevent biting the pacifier. 

We have thrown away about 5 in the last 3 days!  We only give it to him at night for bed and naps but he bites and pulls on them.  I know we need to ween from them but he falls asleep instantly when he has it.
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: If you still use pacifiers...

• CnAnACnAnA member
    edited August 2014
    If he only uses it at night anyway, it's probably a good idea to just drop the paci. Cold turkey hell lasted 3 days for us. So maybe start on a weekend so it doesnt screw with workday sleep.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • We still use one at bedtime and for nap...he sometimes chews on the silicone part, but he hasn't broken any. I dread weaning from it!

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Loading the player...
  • hilsy85 said:
    We still use one at bedtime and for nap...he sometimes chews on the silicone part, but he hasn't broken any. I dread weaning from it!
    He starting biting and now he kind of pulls at it, pulls enough that the silicone starts to get holes, he screams when I saw him the whole and putting it in the garbage.  We tried to wean and he screams bloody murder "paaaaaa paaaaa" for paci, 
  • AnotherPreggoAnotherPreggo member
    edited August 2014
    Quitting cold turkey was only 1 bedtime of misery (45 minutes of crying, with checking on her). After that she was over it. I was sooo dreading the weaning process, but it went surprisingly well!

ETA: I cut the silicone part off and gave her just the plastic part to show her it was broken. She walked around with it all afternoon in her hand, and I just let her take it to bed that night. This was at 12 months.
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy

• ETA: I cut the silicone part off and gave her just the plastic part to show her it was broken. She walked around with it all afternoon in her hand, and I just let her take it to bed that night. This was at 12 months.
    That's a great idea, hopefully he will make the connection
  • Dis loves his paci at night. I have cut it out during the day but can't bare to get rid of it at night. Maybe later.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • He bit through one. We keep telling him that once the three he has are broken or get lost that's it, no more paci.
  • DS still uses his for napping and falling asleep at night. He hasn't bitten thru them, tho.
    photo 9acca2d2-3800-4433-bb71-c445948b76cf_zpsd9667865.jpg

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We still use them all the freaking time. WHEEEE!!! We just use the 6m+ or whatever. Never had problems. Plan on reducing to bed at two years old. I am sure that will suck.
    DD 9/15/12
  • We still use them all the freaking time. WHEEEE!!! We just use the 6m+ or whatever. Never had problems. Plan on reducing to bed at two years old. I am sure that will suck.
    Getting him to leave it in his crib was actually not bad. We just made a rule that if he wanted his paci during the day, he had to go into his crib. So he will sometimes ask to go in there and will sit and suck on his paci for 5-10 minutes, especially if he's upset or cranky or whatever. Then he'll come out and leave the paci behind. 

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Yep we use for bedtime. Doesnt use it for nap weekday. Hope to quit at 2.....
    I am terrified to mess with anything that messes with nighttimr sleep.
    Perhaps we can start a post mid september checkin
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"