UO

Pull out the deep thoughts, ladies.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UO

• Options
    JSS1002JSS1002 member
    edited August 2014
    I had a really good one this morning upon waking, and now -- like much of my brain -- it's gone.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't understand the purpose of rioting in response to some bad act by the government. How does that help anything? Peaceful protests are one thing, but using weapons and destroying property is ridiculous.

And on a related note, is it really necessary for police to use tear gas to contain riots? I feel like that is something you see in the war-torn Middle East, not the Midwestern US. How can you call for better behavior from protesters/rioters when you respond in such a fashion?
  • Options
    @jss1002, I completely agree! We find out next week and I'm hearing the same things -- "This one has to be a boy, you already have a girl!" It's so strange to me when people ask "What are you hoping for?" Ummm, a healthy baby would be nice!

~10.23.10 - Mr&Mrs ~ 04.12.13 - Daddy&Mommy~

Every Super Star needs a Sidekick! Miss B. is being promoted to BIG SIS ~ January 2015!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Baby GIRL #2 is due Jan. 7, 2015!

• Options
    My UO (or maybe not so unpopular), I cannot stand when parents allow their kids to run around a restaurant like little maniacs. We were at a pizza place by my parents house over the weekend and there was a large group of kids, probably between 8-11 yrs old, that were completely out of control. They were running around the entire restaurant, screaming, and banging on the few arcade games the restaurant has. They ended up breaking 2 of the machines. During all of this, not one parent said anything to the kids.

~10.23.10 - Mr&Mrs ~ 04.12.13 - Daddy&Mommy~

Every Super Star needs a Sidekick! Miss B. is being promoted to BIG SIS ~ January 2015!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Baby GIRL #2 is due Jan. 7, 2015!

• Options
    CoachTay said:

My UO (or maybe not so unpopular), I cannot stand when parents allow their kids to run around a restaurant like little maniacs. We were at a pizza place by my parents house over the weekend and there was a large group of kids, probably between 8-11 yrs old, that were completely out of control. They were running around the entire restaurant, screaming, and banging on the few arcade games the restaurant has. They ended up breaking 2 of the machines. During all of this, not one parent said anything to the kids.

Totally don't get this either. Ever since dh and I started dating we have talked about this -- it wasn't an OPTION for us to do that when we were kids. Not saying we were perfect children but our parents wouldn't let us get away with it!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    This is long and part UO/part confession/part vent. 

So when we had Ava, we decided that my parents would be guardians in the event that H and I were to pass away. They're still in their 50's, good shape, stable, lived centrally in the US so as to be convenient to all family, etc. Well over the past year, the wheels fell off with my dad's midlife crisis, them separating, then getting back together, then making the insanely rash decision to move to their condo in Florida and sell his business in the course of the past few months…

Throughout all of this it has become apparent that they are NOT stable enough to be the guardians of my kids if something were to happen. So H and I had to chose other guardians…which ended up being his cousins that live in Vermont. H's sister and my brother are not capable of caring for our kids for various reasons, H's parents are in their 70's and poor health, and so this was just the best fit. 

I'm BEYOND angry at my parents that their actions made us have to make this decision. Yes, I pray that nothing will ever happen that makes it necessary, but I feel as though my kids won't know my family if they ever had to move to Vermont- just due to geography, not that H's cousins wouldn't make an effort. 

In tandem with this, I'm pretty sure my brother and his fiancee are going to ask H and I to be the guardians for their baby. Irrationally, I'm a little salty because I can't ask my brother to be the guardian for my kids (I love him, but he's immature, makes rash life decisions and has an on/off drinking problem). 

ETA- We have NOT told my parents that we changed our will so that they're not the guardians anymore. I'm 50/50 on whether we should. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

ETA- We have NOT told my parents that we changed our will so that they're not the guardians anymore. I'm 50/50 on whether we should. 

The likelihood of them ever knowing (unless you tell them or die) is slim.
    That's kind of where I'm at, too. 

• Options

The likelihood of them ever knowing (unless you tell them or die) is slim.
    That's kind of where I'm at, too. 
    and if you do die...you won't be around to know if they were pissed or not  ;)
    ANd if you do die, I hardly think that custody will be the thing they're upset about... 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    And a lighter one…

These ice bucket challenges. That's great that you're (the collective "you") raising awareness. But please include the link of where to donate to the cause…which is the reason for the whole thing in the first place. Otherwise you're just dumping ice water on your head. 
    Yeah, I hate what I call "Facebook slacktivism."  So stupid.  In addition to a link to where to donate, maybe a link to some actual information about the disease... which might actually raise awareness (not just money).

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

UO: Unless you have Celiac disease, going gluten-free is stupid. 

THANK you!!!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Options
    knitfaced said:
    THANK you!!!
    It's used by a certain set of women I know as an excuse for their disordered eating -Gluten free vegans also avoiding sugars so no fruit.
    Diets like that make my brain hurt. My in-laws are on a diet that basically has them eating meat and salad with no dressing (except oil and vinegar). There is a whole pile of veggies that they're not supposed to eat, and I just don't get why a medical professional would tell them not to eat veggies. :-/

• Options

I personally don't understand people who don't care either way what the sex of their baby is! I don't have a PROBLEM with it... it's just hard for me to comprehend. I wanted a girl SO BADLY that I cried when I found out R was a boy. And now I am so glad and just love him to pieces. So I know it all works out and consider myself so blessed, but it's just hard for me to imagine going through it without a strong opinion!

Actually, for my second I will be a little less one-sided about it... because now that I have a boy, I know how AWESOME it is to have a son. At the same time, I do think I will be a bit disappointed if I never get to have a daughter. What can ya do?!
    And I'm the opposite where I can't imagine caring or crying! No judgment it just doesn't compute to me!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

JSS1002 said:

And a lighter one…

These ice bucket challenges. That's great that you're (the collective "you") raising awareness. But please include the link of where to donate to the cause…which is the reason for the whole thing in the first place. Otherwise you're just dumping ice water on your head. 

Yeah, I hate what I call "Facebook slacktivism."  So stupid.  In addition to a link to where to donate, maybe a link to some actual information about the disease... which might actually raise awareness (not just money).
    I agree that most people are participating pretty haphazardly, and no one is talking about what it is..... But it actually has raised a lot of money!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2014/08/12/stop-hating-on-the-ice-bucket-challenge-its-raised-millions-of-dollars-for-charity/

I stand corrected then and that's pretty awesome.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Trendy diets are a waste of money and time. Just learn how to eat healthy, for cryin' out loud (and I say this with the caveat: no, not all people know what a "healthy" diet means...)
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Options
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options

^:)^
  • Options
    Jenn5412Jenn5412 member
    edited August 2014
    Erin10408 said:

^:)^
    I TOTALLY agree with you!  I have a friend is always pushing GF eating and it drives me nuts.  She doesn't have a gluten intolerance and will turn around and eat foods full of gluten.
  • Options

So when we had Ava, we decided that my parents would be guardians in the event that H and I were to pass away. They're still in their 50's, good shape, stable, lived centrally in the US so as to be convenient to all family, etc. Well over the past year, the wheels fell off with my dad's midlife crisis, them separating, then getting back together, then making the insanely rash decision to move to their condo in Florida and sell his business in the course of the past few months…

Throughout all of this it has become apparent that they are NOT stable enough to be the guardians of my kids if something were to happen. So H and I had to chose other guardians…which ended up being his cousins that live in Vermont. H's sister and my brother are not capable of caring for our kids for various reasons, H's parents are in their 70's and poor health, and so this was just the best fit. 

I'm BEYOND angry at my parents that their actions made us have to make this decision. Yes, I pray that nothing will ever happen that makes it necessary, but I feel as though my kids won't know my family if they ever had to move to Vermont- just due to geography, not that H's cousins wouldn't make an effort. 

In tandem with this, I'm pretty sure my brother and his fiancee are going to ask H and I to be the guardians for their baby. Irrationally, I'm a little salty because I can't ask my brother to be the guardian for my kids (I love him, but he's immature, makes rash life decisions and has an on/off drinking problem). 

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options
    @ChicagoBroad26  Sorry about the above post.  I can't edit it!  I was trying to say that we didn't pick family members to be our kids guardians.  We chose close family friends instead.  Too many issues with most family.  I'd love my mom to have them, but she's already raising my brother's kid because his parents (my nephew's) both suck.  His parents are fine, but not financially stable, so there we are...

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options
    kgs0505 said:
    @ChicagoBroad26  Sorry about the above post.  I can't edit it!  I was trying to say that we didn't pick family members to be our kids guardians.  We chose close family friends instead.  Too many issues with most family.  I'd love my mom to have them, but she's already raising my brother's kid because his parents (my nephew's) both suck.  His parents are fine, but not financially stable, so there we are…
    Yeah, one of our choices were close friends, but they already have 3 kids and, even though we've provided for our kids financially in our estate, the reality of having 5 kids would be a little kooky. Tough stuff, this parenting :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"