November 2014 Moms

Post your 3 hour glucose test pass/fail here

I passed! So relieved. From the other discussions it looked like there were quite a few of us that had to go on to take the 3 hour. Interested to see who passes/fails.

Re: Post your 3 hour glucose test pass/fail here

• Loading the player...
  • Big fat fail to both of them--and not by a little!  Still in the mopey/pouting phase, but getting better each day. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Failed the one hr, passed the three. My OB still wants me to prick my finger every morning for a week to make sure my regular blood sugar is accurate.
  • I was borderline fail on the 1 hour test last Friday and took the 3 hour one this morning! Hoping I passed!!
  • Passed the one hour, but doctor said blood sugar was pretty low. So now I'm supposed to be eating more foods that are high in iron.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I failed my 3 hour test today; it was an epic fail.  I pouted for about 10 minutes, but I am over it now.  

I haven't had any of the struggles that some other women have had during this pregnancy, so I count it a blessing that this is the only bump in the road for me so far.  
    N14 October Siggy Challenge: How I Feel in the Third Trimesterimage
  • I failed the 1 hr about a month ago, technically I passed the 3 hr. My numbers were very high normal with 1 abnormal reading. I have PCOS and Insulin Resistance so they've got me testing 4 times a day as a precaution. Finally getting use to it and changing what I eat. Never realized so many things could trigger a high blood sugar.
  • Failed both! :(
    Bfp #1: 2/20/2014 Baby girl born on 11/3/2014
    Anniversary

nov 2014 

• I just found out that I passed. Sorry for all the ladies that didn't and especially to @missnacholover because you've dealt with every day for 16 years :(
    Awww, you're sweet! 

• I failed the 1 hr about a month ago, technically I passed the 3 hr. My numbers were very high normal with 1 abnormal reading. I have PCOS and Insulin Resistance so they've got me testing 4 times a day as a precaution. Finally getting use to it and changing what I eat. Never realized so many things could trigger a high blood sugar.
    So.many.things!  Stress, mood, etc.  Good luck! 

• I failed it back at 17 weeks.  GD is a bitch.
     TTC #1 since June 2008
    M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
    Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
    Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
    TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just found out I failed my one hour by 3 points. Have to do the 3 hour tomorrow. They didn't give me details on what happens tomorrow. Can someone fill me in?
  • Just found out I failed my one hour by 3 points. Have to do the 3 hour tomorrow. They didn't give me details on what happens tomorrow. Can someone fill me in?

It's fasting so don't eat anything after you go to bed. You usually have an early appointment (mine were at 7am) and once they get you checked in they draw blood to get your fasting sugar level. Once they verify it's low enough (15-25 minutes or so) then they bring you the drink. It's pretty much the same stuff as the one hour but with twice as much glucose, you have give minutes to get it down. From there it's a lot like the one hour over and over. From one hour after they give you the drink to every hour after that you go back and they draw more blood over the next three hours.

So you're actually there more like 3.5 to 4 hours. I've had doctors call me the same day with results or not call at all unless it's abnormal. Some don't call for a few days. Check with your doctors office about their notification policy.

Thank you! Sounds like fun. They did tell me not to eat after midnight and my appointment is at 8:10. Wish me luck!!

• I (thankfully) passed the 1 hour!  Dr. appointment tomorrow to get the details.
  • I failed 1 hour test on Monday August 4 and took 3 hour test on Friday August 8. I passed the three hour. However, the nurse poke me 5 times as twice she can't find my veins. I have really thin veins. -.-
    @kristyru03
    You will need to fast 12 hrs before the test.  Take something to do, maybe two things.  I took my computer and watched a movie.

1. They will test your fasting blood sugar level
    2. You will drink twice as much sugar juice as with the 1 hr.
    3. You will wait 1 hour, take a book or something to do
    4. 1 hour after your drink they will take a small vile of blood.
    5. You will wait another hour
    6. They will take your blood again
    7. You will wait one last hour
    8. They will yet again take your blood.
    9. You can leave the office.
    10. Your results will normally be ready the next day sometime.

Very boring but that's about it.

@kristyru03
    You will need to fast 12 hrs before the test.  Take something to do, maybe two things.  I took my computer and watched a movie.

1. They will test your fasting blood sugar level
    2. You will drink twice as much sugar juice as with the 1 hr.
    3. You will wait 1 hour, take a book or something to do
    4. 1 hour after your drink they will take a small vile of blood.
    5. You will wait another hour
    6. They will take your blood again
    7. You will wait one last hour
    8. They will yet again take your blood.
    9. You can leave the office.
    10. Your results will normally be ready the next day sometime.

Very boring but that's about it.

Thanks! Definitely going to take a book and my iPad to keep myself entertained.
  • I passed my 1 hour glucose test today with flying colors.  I was completely surprised, as I epically failed the 1 hour with DD, and fully expected to fail the one hour again this time around.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Took my 3 hour yesterday...and I PASSED.  Thank goodness.

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage 
  • Mine hasn't even been scheduled yet. Having my 26 week appt tomorrow and a little annoyed that nothing's been done. I'm at an office with rotating docs though and they never seem to know what's up, so :/

Hugs to you ladies dealing with health issues and fails :(
    **********************************************************************************************

• Took my 3 hour yesterday and passed! Glad that is over and done with!!
  • Passed the first hour
  • My ob skips the 1 hour all together bc so many people fail and I had a 2 hour which I passed, so no need for the 3 hour...my rolls and I were pleased
  • I just took my test and passed. Thank goodness! I didn't find the orange drink overly disgusting and actually enjoyed the dance party that baby was having 10 mins after I drank it. I honestly was thinking "what's the big deal" about this test...Until an hour into it and I barfed everywhere! Whoops. Glad that's over! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just did the three hour test because I failed the 1 hour. Blech. Hoping to have my results by my appt next Wednesday (took 7 days for the one hour results).
  • Mine hasn't even been scheduled yet. Having my 26 week appt tomorrow and a little annoyed that nothing's been done. I'm at an office with rotating docs though and they never seem to know what's up, so :/ Hugs to you ladies dealing with health issues and fails :(
    I think you mentioned this on the random thread and someone answered you (sometimes it's hard to keep up with that), but I just brought it up at my monitoring appointment (25 weeks) since the doctor hadn't even mentioned it to me. They said he doesn't do them until 28 weeks, so I guess some doctors just do it later. 

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Just got the call failed my 3 hour :( I have GD have to start testing my blood sugar 4 times a day

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • I failed the one hour last week :( have to take the 3hr on Wednesday!
  • Fail and fail. See the nutritionist and get my blood checker here soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I mentioned it in the random thread, but I failed my 1 hour by a bit, and passed my 3 hour a week later with flying colors. I had my 28 week appointment today and my OB told me that the results of my 1 hour plus my grandma having diabetes mean I may be prone to developing it later in life.
    She told me to watch my simple carb intake and that was that.
  • Went to my appointment on Thursday and found out that I failed my 1 hour. Said it came back at 184 so they decided to skip the 3 hour and go straight to checking my blood sugar 4 times a day. Also found some protein in my urine and my blood pressure was high. I also get to go for NSTs twice a week now. I feel like I'm failing all over the place.
    Just wanted to give you some hugs.  I will be going to NSTs twice weekly soon too.  Hang in there momma!!!  You're doing a great job - remember, nothing you did, your pancreas is just being an asshole!

• Went to my appointment on Thursday and found out that I failed my 1 hour. Said it came back at 184 so they decided to skip the 3 hour and go straight to checking my blood sugar 4 times a day. Also found some protein in my urine and my blood pressure was high. I also get to go for NSTs twice a week now. I feel like I'm failing all over the place.
    Just wanted to give you some hugs.  I will be going to NSTs twice weekly soon too.  Hang in there momma!!!  You're doing a great job - remember, nothing you did, your pancreas is just being an asshole!
    Can someone tell me what NSTs are?  I have GD and haven't heard of them...is this something I might have to do?  KTHXBAI.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lilwatz said:
    Went to my appointment on Thursday and found out that I failed my 1 hour. Said it came back at 184 so they decided to skip the 3 hour and go straight to checking my blood sugar 4 times a day. Also found some protein in my urine and my blood pressure was high. I also get to go for NSTs twice a week now. I feel like I'm failing all over the place.
    Can someone tell me what NSTs are?  I have GD and haven't heard of them...is this something I might have to do?  KTHXBAI.
    Basically a test to monitor the baby's HR and movement.  My OB has said this will be done "towards the end" of pregnancy so maybe your OB just hasn't mentioned it yet?

https://americanpregnancy.org/prenataltesting/non-stresstest.html

• @missnacholover Thanks for the info!  :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had nsts 2x a week my last pregnancy. It was actually fun! I loved getting ultrasounds so often and watching her heartbeat on the monitor. It was actually kind of a relaxing.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"