LGBT Parenting

worried vent

Sorry if this post is TMI..I have BV again which I got around the same time last pregnancy.  After doing some research BV is linked to preterm birth, 2nd tri-miscarriages and PPROM.  So of course I have this complete sick to the stomach OMG not again feeling.  Although I also read that how I was treated last time is "insufficient in preventing pregnancy complications."  Where as if I was treated orally it is 80-90% effective.  I feel sick!  I don't know how yet they plan to treat it this pregnancy but let me tell you that after further research I know what I am requesting.

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

Re: worried vent

• I am so sorry you are faced with this again. I hope that given Brynlee's loss your medical team will take the most aggressive treatment possible and I'm glad that you are doing your own research and are ready to advocate for you and your baby. You have my best wishes for successful treatment and a healthy pregnancy. I hate your pregnancy will be accompanied with fear and worry, which I know is just inevitable. Please keep us posted with what the docs say. Will be thinking about you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree wit @ATXmommas--I hate that you are haunted by the past.  So hard to have these things happen.  It sounds like your research might help, which is a good thing.  Good luck and take care.

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry to hear that you are having to deal with this. It is completely understandable that you would be worried and apprehensive. I hope that you are able to get the care you need from your OB and that the rest of your pregnancy is happy and healthy. Thinking of you!

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • JGYJGY member

I'm never one to advocate people walking into a doctor's office and demanding a specific course of treatment, but in this case I think it might be warranted.  I would challenge them to explain to you WHY they wouldn't treat you with the method you request (that is, if they don't suggest it right off the bat).  I'm sorry that, as pp mentioned, you are haunted by your experience with Brynlee.  Keep us updated!

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Glad you got the treatment you wanted, and I too am sorry about how hard this is. Having had a second tri loss, this pregnancy was really hard until I got past my loss date. I saw a really good IF/loss counselor which helped my anxiety a lot. I was going to suggest seeing an MFM for a consult on your BV. Not sure you'd want to, but my experience is they take everything super seriously when a second or third tri loss is in your history.

Just an idea. We've had a stellar experience with ours and its helped my fear factor immensely.

xx
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• I don't love the MFM at my OB practice but I will be meeting with her to do my first look u/s.  I apparently have a thyroid condition too so am now also on thyroid meds for at least the next month then they will recheck my levels and determine how to proceed.  So I will have a few questions for the MFM when I meet with her on the 27th about that too.  I Never take meds and now I am on so many well at least for me so many.

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

• I don't love the MFM at my OB practice but I will be meeting with her to do my first look u/s.  I apparently have a thyroid condition too so am now also on thyroid meds for at least the next month then they will recheck my levels and determine how to proceed.  So I will have a few questions for the MFM when I meet with her on the 27th about that too.  I Never take meds and now I am on so many well at least for me so many.

I take thyroid meds too.They are easy to take (no side effects, tiny pills) but are essential to successful pregnancies. Also, even my naturopath said there is no "natural" way to replace thyroid, ya just gotta do the drug. And through my pregnancy my dosage doubled (which is normal), and should revert once I have the baby. Hang in there. I had a very medicated pregnancy which is not my way either, but like @herbabymama, I am trusting my docs.

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Thank you for all the kind words and support.  I will take any kind of meds suggested to make this a healthy pregnancy, which means I may be coming to terms with p17 injections.  @2mamazinseattle were you on a thyroid med prior to becoming pregnant or did pregnancy bring on the thyroid condition?  The pills are tiny and don't bother me at all but since starting to take them or the antibiotics not sure which I have been getting a ton of leg cramps.  Also I read online that if a thyroid condition goes untreated before 12weeks it can lower babies IQ.  Of course mine wasn't treated before 12w.  I know you were taking Omega supplements do you have a specific brand you recommend?

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

• edited August 2014
    I've taken Nordic Natural brand, 4 a day (dose is 3 but I amped it up on my naturpaths recommendation). I did take thyroid before. I bet you're fine, just get on the fish oil asap.

https://www.nordicnaturals.com/en/Products/Product_Details/98/?ProdID=1434

also, if you like it ok, coconut water is a potassium bomb and can be a big help w leg cramps. I drink 8oz a day.

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"