High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Is anyone taking trazodone while pregnant?

I'm 16 weeks and my doctor just put me back on trazodone after my unbearable insomnia wasn't affected by any of the over the counter sleep aids or lifestyle changes. I've been on trazodone for years and had a hard time going off when I found out I was pregnant, and over the last month my insomnia is out of control again, to the point where my nausea is back, I have headaches and my anxiety is through the roof. I'm wondering if anyone else has taken this drug regularly during pregnancy and how or if it affected their baby.

Re: Is anyone taking trazodone while pregnant?

• Options
    Yes I am currently taking it and am 22 weeks. I also took it with my last pregnancy and my son is 3 and perfectly healthy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I took it with my daughter up until the time I delivered. 50mg a night. My daughter was born at 34 weeks but that was not because of my intake of trazodone. She is almost 10 months old now and healthy as ever.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been taking it the whole time also. 100mg
  • Options
    I have been taking 50mg since I found out I was pregnant. My OB and I saw a perinatal phycologist who both agreed me losing sleep and dealing with insomnia and anxiety were worse for the baby. I'm 24 weeks and my baby is developing normal.
  • Options
    Is anyone planning on breastfeeding and taking trazadone?
  • Options
    I am. Doctors don't think it will be a problem and that's coming from the neonatologist since I will be having a premie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"