Postpartum Depression

I don't know how to cope anymore

My 5 month old has been a crier since day 1. His reflux is better, but he still wants attention 24/7/365.  No matter what I do, he has screaming fits every single day, even after I have done everything in my power to stop it. I'm on prozac, but even on it, I can feel myself unraveling. I put him in his room when I've had enough, but I can still hear him scream, so I just end up in tears trying to cope with it. I have no idea when this constant crying will stop, but I have run out of ideas to calm myself down. I take care of of my 2 kids for 12 hours everyday while my husband works, and it's overwhelming.
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Andrew Karol-4/10/2010
Jase Eli-3/10/14

Re: I don't know how to cope anymore

• flclflcl member
    Are you able to get help with watching your kids?  Do you know what is triggering LO to cry and scream (over tired, wants to be by you, bored etc...)?  I would talk to your H about how you're feeling to see if there's anything you can do to get some extra help during this time.  A screaming baby can get the healthiest of people to unravel.  If you are able to get some assistance and you're still feeling down, definitely talk to your doctor.  GL.
  • I private messaged you please check
  • Loading the player...
  • I just wanted to say that I hope you feel better, that certainly does sound rough. I don't have a baby yet but I can only imagine all the ups and downs, lack of sleep, crying. Hang in there!
    Me 42, DH 33, TTC for about a year naturally (but no protection for 4 yrs). Together 6 yrs, married June 2014.
    CD 3, FSH of 15, E2 67, AMH 0.43, LH 6.2, normal HSG test
    DH good count but low volume, 87% motility, 1% morphology
    IUI#1 - Nov 2014, 100 mg clomid and HCG, 2 large follies 20 & 16mm (7 follies total). BFN
    IVF# 1 Jan 2014, 225 Gonal F, 225 Menopur, Ganirelix, 4R/3M/1F w/ICSI - PUPO!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"