September 2012 Moms

WTF Wednesday

WTF Coirker - You came on board to fix all the problem children and prepare for the new Fiscal Year. You are on vacay this week and I am finding that all my problems are still unresolved and I am doing an awful lot of FY15 set-up. What exactly is it you have been doing the past month if I have been doing everything else?

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
Kid #2 - maybe???
Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
#11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh

Re: WTF Wednesday

• WTF DH - just because you 'didn't see' the piece of mail because you havea memory of a worm, doesn't mean I hid something from you. That damn check has been on your nightstand for 2 weeks jackass. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • WTF DH, don't greet me with attitude at the end of a long day bc the cat puked all over our living room carpet. I can't control these a-hole furballs who live in our home. And don't start ranting about how this is why you don't want to get new flooring bc the cat will just ruin it (hello, hardwood would be better than carpet in this regard). And while we're at it, quit making me responsible for every household task from paying bills to setting up DS' swim lessons to mailing bday invites to calling the furniture delivery guy. FFS, I work outside the home too. How do you think I have time for all this shit?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • WTF mom? You feel guilty you blew off your grandaughter's first birthday for a car show last year, so you are inviting yourself this year? Great, now I need to rethink the party and invitees since you can't be around booze and I really like the Sangria recipe @harti09 directed me too. It rocks.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • melody921 said:
    WTF DH, don't greet me with attitude at the end of a long day bc the cat puked all over our living room carpet. I can't control these a-hole furballs who live in our home. And don't start ranting about how this is why you don't want to get new flooring bc the cat will just ruin it (hello, hardwood would be better than carpet in this regard). And while we're at it, quit making me responsible for every household task from paying bills to setting up DS' swim lessons to mailing bday invites to calling the furniture delivery guy. FFS, I work outside the home too. How do you think I have time for all this shit?
    OMG this. What the hell is it? The air conditioning in DH's car has been broken since last summer. He JUST got it fixed after bitching to me about it every time he drove his car. Seriously dude? You are just as capable of making an appt as I am.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???

• melody921 said:

WTF DH, don't greet me with attitude at the end of a long day bc the cat puked all over our living room carpet. I can't control these a-hole furballs who live in our home. And don't start ranting about how this is why you don't want to get new flooring bc the cat will just ruin it (hello, hardwood would be better than carpet in this regard). And while we're at it, quit making me responsible for every household task from paying bills to setting up DS' swim lessons to mailing bday invites to calling the furniture delivery guy. FFS, I work outside the home too. How do you think I have time for all this shit?

OMG this. What the hell is it? The air conditioning in DH's car has been broken since last summer. He JUST got it fixed after bitching to me about it every time he drove his car. Seriously dude? You are just as capable of making an appt as I am.

Add me to this club. I feel like I'm trying to do EVERYTHING. DH asked me over the weekend what we should do for our anniversary next week. He suggested dinner. I said great idea, why don't you coordinate with the babysitter? He said he would but I know he hasn't done it. It's next Thursday and he's going to try to do it last minute. I know I'll be disappointed but I just cannot take on anything else right now. Dinner with the kids it is.
  • melody921 said:
    Add me to this club. I feel like I'm trying to do EVERYTHING. DH asked me over the weekend what we should do for our anniversary next week. He suggested dinner. I said great idea, why don't you coordinate with the babysitter? He said he would but I know he hasn't done it. It's next Thursday and he's going to try to do it last minute. I know I'll be disappointed but I just cannot take on anything else right now. Dinner with the kids it is.
    Add me to the WTF DH club.  I work outside the home and these days, I work just as many hours as he does, yet I am supposed to do laundry, clean the house, pay the bills, take care of DD when she wakes up at 3 am and still get up and be bright and shiny for him.  Fuck you dude, fuck you.

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• WTF boss?  This is the second idea of mine that you have taken and sold off as your own.  I'm done with you and tomorrow when my friend asks me if she should work for you, I am going to be honest as fuck and tell her that is her choice but to watch her back, because you are a snake and will throw everyone else under the bus to make yourself look good.

• WTF coworker.  Some jobs are not 2-week notice jobs. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • melody921 said:
    Shit's about to change in our house bc I am on the verge of completely losing it. 

• edited August 2014
    WTF DD? Why are you a three-year-old little punk? She is so affectionate and playful with DH but seems to only want to be nice to me if she wants me to do something for her. It actually made me cry last night, which I know is silly. We've been trying to tell her it hurts my feelings and to be nice, but it is terrible we even have to do that. I don't know why she acts that way toward me.
  • WTF local ice cream company that does team-building events. $200 a person is not an acceptable price for our non-profit. Guess we'll be mini-golfing again.

• melody921 said:
    melody921 said:
    Shit's about to change in our house bc I am on the verge of completely losing it. 
    I feel you. And I am sorry.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • melody921 said:
    melody921 said:
    I'm thinking family-meeting style (only just me and DH) to hash out our entire to-do list and assign tasks for each week. Has anyone successfully done this? Maybe he just needs exact direction.

• WTF DD? Why are you a three-year-old little punk? She is so affectionate and playful with DH but seems to only want to be nice to me if she wants me to do something for her. It actually made me cry last night, which I know is silly. We've been trying to tell her it hurts my feelings and to be nice, but it is terrible we even have to do that. I don't know why she acts that way toward me.
    This sucks. I am sorry. I was hoping L wouldn't start to hate me until closer to 13. You are telling me it starts at 3?? Damn.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Right?  One of DH's coworkers gave 48 hour notice.  WTH?  Because it is always a good idea to force your paramedic coworkers to work crazy long hours to cover you at the drop of a hat.  Safety for everyone!

• melody921 said:

melody921 said:

melody921 said:

I'm thinking family-meeting style (only just me and DH) to hash out our entire to-do list and assign tasks for each week. Has anyone successfully done this? Maybe he just needs exact direction.

TBH, I did this with my DH and it just added to my frustration. He needed exact direction and then constant nagging and checking in on to make sure he did it, which didn't really take the task off my plate. "Sure, I can do that, just remind me, ok?" NO. Then I would just get frustrated because I was afraid he would let things drop, which isn't ok. It didn't relieve my stress at all .
  • WTF DD? Why are you a three-year-old little punk? She is so affectionate and playful with DH but seems to only want to be nice to me if she wants me to do something for her. It actually made me cry last night, which I know is silly. We've been trying to tell her it hurts my feelings and to be nice, but it is terrible we even have to do that. I don't know why she acts that way toward me.
    This sucks. I am sorry. I was hoping L wouldn't start to hate me until closer to 13. You are telling me it starts at 3?? Damn.
    I'm sorry. DS does this to me sometimes -- yelling, calling me "meanie," etc. I think a lot of it stems from the fact that personality-wise we are very similar, so we clash more than he does with DH. We're working on it, and I'd still say we have a good bond, but some days I want to run crying/screaming from the house.

Right?  One of DH's coworkers gave 48 hour notice.  WTH?  Because it is always a good idea to force your paramedic coworkers to work crazy long hours to cover you at the drop of a hat.  Safety for everyone!
    That's just unprofessional. 2 days?! I've never given less than 2 weeks.

I was shocked too but, yeah, three.
  • Also, WTF CVS? You can't just turn someone's medication auto-refill off randomly. I had it set for my BC, and I suddenly realized yesterday that I don't have a pack. It's not a vital medication of course, but, if it was, I'd be screwed. Of course, they have no explanation.
  • WTF executive leadership team. You are supposed to be LEADERS. At least show up on time to my meeting. And if you can't do that, don't come in late and then use the excuse that "Oh well, you were on time bc you set this meeting up." WTF? Yeah, I did set it up, but last time I checked, once you accepted it, it shows up on your calendar the same way it shows up on mine.

• WTF self?  Get some sort of motivation at work.  I so don't want to be here.  I interviewed for a new position yesterday which will cut my commute in half, bad part is I dislike everyone in that office. :(  All well, more money, more family time.

WTF DH - clean something damn it!!!

imageimage 

• melody921 said:
    Add me to the WTF DH club.  I work outside the home and these days, I work just as many hours as he does, yet I am supposed to do laundry, clean the house, pay the bills, take care of DD when she wakes up at 3 am and still get up and be bright and shiny for him.  Fuck you dude, fuck you.
    I completely agree - I swear mine thinks its 1950 sometimes!  Like I am to work, care for our child and still ensure that he has his laundry done, a clean house and a hot cooked meal ready and waiting for him when he walks in the door!

Hahahaha
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • WTF menstrual cycle. Is it too much to ask that you regulate and come at the same damn time every month? And while we're at it, maybe you could spare me the 7-day stretch of heavy bleeding and feeling like my insides are being torn out. I really don't want to go back on the pill, but I'm actually considering it just to make this bullshit less intense.

• WTF trail mix, why do you have twice as many almonds as any other item in the bag? Where are my macadamias and cranberries, dammit?

• Wtf self. Maybe you should have found a job before you asked your husband to leave

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • melody921 said:

WTF trail mix, why do you have twice as many almonds as any other item in the bag? Where are my macadamias and cranberries, dammit?

That happened to me the other day. It was an individualized almond, cashew and chocolate mix. There were 3 pieces of chocolate. It reminds me of an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm where he gets a mix with only a few cashews.
  • WTF assholes that sent horrible pictures to Robin Williams' daughter.  That's just sick and so horrible.  I feel bad for her.

WTF DH.  I sent you two very long emails, spilling my guts about things bothering me.  Could you please respond?  Pretend to care?  Try to fix something?

WTF darling sons of mine.  Quit making me look like a jackass everywhere we go.  Climbing out of the cart, running around and screaming, taking everything off the shelf, and giving attitude to other customers is not acceptable behavior.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • melody921 said:
    I'll jump on to this list too! Beebop, you're doing what I'd do. I know that I'd love the date night out without the kids, but sometimes I just can't find a babysitter just to prove a point. He does usually come through IF I warn him that I'm not finding one.

My DH will occasionally want take out for dinner instead of me cooking something and he's always willing to pick it up on his way home from work....well, most times. He calls me when he's driving after he's left work so I can call in our order. How does it not occur to him that he could have just called them instead and had the food ready 10 minutes earlier?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• MRoxy0628 said:
    WTF trail mix, why do you have twice as many almonds as any other item in the bag? Where are my macadamias and cranberries, dammit?
    That happened to me the other day. It was an individualized almond, cashew and chocolate mix. There were 3 pieces of chocolate. It reminds me of an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm where he gets a mix with only a few cashews.
    This is the main reason why I won't buy any kind of mix with peanuts. It ends up being a peanut feast.

This exact thing and stage was my worst time with DD. It was hard and I cried many nights. DH felt bad because on some occasions I'd accidently resent him, too!

• WTF DH's ex? You send what appears to be a doctored invoice for SD's college tuition saying we owe twice what we do with a past due balance for a class we already gave you half the money for. Then you're pissed when we question it. WTAF?!?
    OMG, THIS!!!!  I am scrambling to fill two positions at work right now. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• melody921 said:

@melody921 - This works really well in our house.  DH has been very up front that he just doesn't see the same things as me and he gets frustrated when I have a list inside my head and then I'm pissed he didn't automatically know what I wanted done.  He definitely needs direction and we both understand that.  

I've found over the years that making a list for "us" is better than making it for him.  Then it's not me telling him what to do, but just laying it out there - here is what needs to be done, let's divide and conquer.

It works 90% of the time.  It's not perfect, but at least I don't feel like it's all falling on me.  We also have "assigned" household tasks that we agreed on early in our marriage.  (i.e. I don't mow the lawn, he doesn't clean bathrooms)

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• WTF Toddler:  It's already hard to leave you in the morning.  Having a complete and utter meltdown at drop-off doesn't help.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• kelbel527 said:
    melody921 said:

@melody921 - This works really well in our house.  DH has been very up front that he just doesn't see the same things as me and he gets frustrated when I have a list inside my head and then I'm pissed he didn't automatically know what I wanted done.  He definitely needs direction and we both understand that.  

I've found over the years that making a list for "us" is better than making it for him.  Then it's not me telling him what to do, but just laying it out there - here is what needs to be done, let's divide and conquer.

It works 90% of the time.  It's not perfect, but at least I don't feel like it's all falling on me.  We also have "assigned" household tasks that we agreed on early in our marriage.  (i.e. I don't mow the lawn, he doesn't clean bathrooms)
    This is how it used to be in my house. Yet my lawn is high and I have vacuumed the past couple of times. No wonder my allergies have been acting up.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"