January 2015 Moms

Stroller and base question

Any have any experience with this car seat and know the difference between the two? Also if either of them with fit with this stroller frame? We really like all of the rating on this brand car seat, and will definately be buying it as long as we can find a stroller to put them in that isn't completely crazy outrageous! Any help is greatly appreciated! And I have tried looking up the difference in them, but it looks like the 4-35 is newer and I can't find anyone who has used it.

Re: Stroller and base question

• The car seats appear to be identical, one possible difference might be their design year.

I'm confused on your stroller question. Is the Snap n Go the one you want? Because it only works with the infant car seat, once the baby outgrows the infant carrier you'll need a new stroller. Were you looking for a stroller that can accommodate both the infant carrier and the baby?
  • I would go to Buy Buy Baby and check it out in person- they might not have both models, but they have a snap and go and they'll have a Peg Perego so you can try them out together. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @Britt1406‌ Good idea! I thought about it but wasn't sure if they would have stuff for us to "try out". I'm not smart about these things yet, first babies! ;)
    And @NatureLovers‌, That is what I got out of it too. So I wasn't sure if there was actually a difference in the car seat. One is newer, but I didn't see any major differences in them and thought maybe someone on here had used it and knew about the other. I'm having a hard time finding anyone who has used that brand. Also, the stroller question... Yes, we just want the snap and go for the infant car seats. Because we are having twins we didn't want to have to carry around two car seats in the stores or going anywhere. So we just figured we would get it because it's not too much money to use until they outgrow the car seats and then we could just buy a twin stroller. We couldn't find a twin stroller in that brand, and we weren't sure if the car seats would fit on the snap and go and aren't really sure how to figure it out :(
  • Yikes I must be cheap bc I can't imagine spending over $650 on infant car seats and strollers knowing they will have to be replaced later
  • edited August 2014
    @JerseyHopeful‌, I know it's a lot! They are our first babies and man am I a nervous wreck. I love that they're thick and don't seem to have a lot of room for their little heads to move. I probably am being way too paranoid, but I have found an alternative if these don't work out. I've been up reading for days about every brand and good and bad things about them all.
  • I understand as I am having my first as well. If you have the money than go for it. We are registering for the convertible car seats and borrowing an infant seat so we are lucky. If we registered for both the infant and the convertibles we would never get both so I am very very thankful my friend is letter us borrow. I have a hard time buying new and expensive with the stuff that is only used 6-12 months but that's just me living on a budget
  • lurking, but I can answer your question. The 4-35 is the new seat that replaces the 30/30. The 4-35 has an anti-rebound bar and when you use the seat baseless, the handle actually goes towards the vehicle seat and acts as an anti-rebound bar. Car Seat Blog has a nice and thorough review of the 4-35 https://carseatblog.com/28339/peg-perego-primo-viaggio-4-35-rear-facing-infant-carseat-review/
    Theres a good chance that the 30-30 will have an older date of manufacture and will therefore expire sooner (the 30-30 expires 5 years after date of manufacture).
  • I often see snap n go type things on Craigslist and in consignment sales/shops.  There are also often moms of multiples groups that sell things like that to others who will need it.  Point is I'd recommend looking there before buying something new.  And although this stroller is expensive, you would only need the one for their whole infancy/toddlerhood.  It accomodates car seats.  https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-City-Select-Stroller/dp/B003Q85CRY
    imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

• I have the Peg Perego Primo Vaggio car seat, and the Pliko Four stroller. We got it from my sister in law who had another baby less than a year ago (this is our first - she was upgrading to a sit and stand, and decided to get a new car seat to match).

She loves Peg Perego, and my experience with using the seat & stroller with our nephew was great. The equipment is seriously well built, and really intuitive to use! It's very smooth, and thoughtfully designed. 

I don't know about the snap in stroller, hopefully you can try it out before buying! 

• Unless you can get the snap n go for a few bucks second hand, I'd just go ahead and get a double stroller with an adapter for the car seats.
  • I have the peg perego car seat too. The first one looks like it has a different thingy at the footrest base area that mine (the second) doesn't have. At a quick glance.

I used it with the peg perego skate stroller which IMO is over priced... This time I might sell it and just use with a carseat adapter for a BOB or double bob. Or if money was no object, i would do a bugaboo. I have heard good things about city select and uppababy strollers as well. Can get carseat adapters for those and use with the seats the strollers come with as you baby grows. I would not buy that frame IMO.
  • Oh, you are having twins? I would def look into double bob or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"