2nd Trimester

Pregnancy Depression

Best ways to deal with pregnancy depression without having to take medication. This is my second pregnancy and delt with it in my last one. Curious if anyone has figured out some ways to cope. Thanks!

Re: Pregnancy Depression

• Try to get outside more. Sounds lame, but it worked for me. It's tempting to shut yourself indoors behind a laptop, but going out, seeing people, and experiencing life can make all the difference.
    imageimage
  • do you exercise? I too have depression, even while not pregnant, and so I run! I run with the music blasting and sweat pouring off me and I LOVE it!!! It's really a release for me. Medication is always an option, and there are plenty of meds that safe :) Good luck honey!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I was clinically depressed three/four years ago and I don't take any meds. Pregnancy can be tricky for some people because the stress involved, as well as fluctuating hormones. One thing that I have learned, and it's an unpopular opinion, that in the end I am in control of my feelings and my environment. I believe in choices. If I don't like something, I don't hold it in. I eat well, I avoid things that make me angry, ( such as Facebook and the dumb mind controlled responses people have to news articles)---and people who cause trouble!
  • For ppd if medication helps, by all means take it. I don't believe meds solve problems, but with ppd meds can take off the edge.
  • MrsLaLaBugMrsLaLaBug member
    edited August 2014
    I'd def discuss it with your doctor. Good luck!

• to echo a few others: talk therapy is a great pace to start!  I've dealt with depression for years & I found that getting yourself a relationship with a good therapist can make  WORLD of difference.  An important thing to discuss with your therapist if you want to try to avoid meds (sometimes you can, sometimes you can't)  TOOLS.  For me learning 'tools' t help myself when I felt triggers coming on was a big deal.  My therapist taught me how to recognize the signs (& I had my DH come for a few sessions as well so he could assist in spotting the warning signs) & taught me how to use coping tools to help myself from slipping any further.  I'm also anti-medication if at all possible. HUGS t you, hope you have a happy day <3  

& on a side note, KUDOS to you for asking for help from gals here :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"