Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

19 Month Old Not Sleeping at Night!! please Help!!

It has been 2 weeks of my son screaming his head off when he goes to sleep at night. He sleeps in a toddler bed and did fine for about 2 or 3 weeks, never woke up during the night and went down fine. He has also been waking up in the middle of the night at about 3:30am and won't go back to bed for at least an hour and a half to two hours. We normally just sit in there with him until he falls asleep but now that's not even working. He is waking himself up 5 min after we leave his room and then starts screaming again. The lack of sleep is getting to me and my husband…oh and did I mention we also have a 6 week old! Please help me figure out was is wrong or give me suggestions to try because I am at my wits end!
image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 19 Month Old Not Sleeping at Night!! please Help!!

• Any symptoms at all of an ear infection?  My DS gets sort of that way with very little else to indicate an ear infection.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't think so. He hasn't been pulling at his ear or run a temp. Someone had suggested it might be separation anxiety??
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 18 month is a prime time for a sleep regression.  It lasted a good two weeks with my DD.  Nothing you can do but sort of take care of them and wait it out.  When he wakes I would head to his room for some comfort and then head back out.  Check on him every few minutes until he falls back asleep.  I wouldn't stay in there.  

FWIW, my DS has had 5 ear infections and never had a fever with them.  The only symptom was terrible sleep.  
  • ashiscute said:
    18 month is a prime time for a sleep regression.  It lasted a good two weeks with my DD.  Nothing you can do but sort of take care of them and wait it out.  When he wakes I would head to his room for some comfort and then head back out.  Check on him every few minutes until he falls back asleep.  I wouldn't stay in there.  

FWIW, my DS has had 5 ear infections and never had a fever with them.  The only symptom was terrible sleep.  
    Same here on the ear infections... I rarely have had any idea he has them.  No fever, no tugging, nothing except crankier and no sleeping.  He sometimes will get a little bit of a cough with them, but that's it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • He is fine during the day?  No screaming or crying?
  • He cried during the day when he went to take a nap but we started playing music at night and kept reminding him that we weren't going anywhere. After a couple days of that he was back to his normal self :) it was just the three weeks of hell that was tough
    image BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"