August 2012 Moms
Options

Biting

So DD has recently nixed her soother..as I posted before.

Today was day 2 at daycare without it. Yesterday they told me that she cried and yelled for her soother almost all day, but made no question for it at home. When I asked her about her soother she said "soosie garbage".

Today, when I picked her up from daycare they told me that she bit a couple of different kids and even left a noticeable bruise on one of the girls. They said she didn't ask for her soother though and would just keep a closer eye on her now.

I feel like they expected something from me, but I don't know what to do. How to I explain that biting is bad, other than saying it, to a 2 year old who doesn't quite understand?

I'm at a loss, and I don't know what to do.

Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated!

TIA ladies!

DD Born August 16, 2012
DS Due April 27, 2015
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Biting

• Options
    You can definitely tell her that biting is "not nice" and do time outs whenever she bites if she does it at home. Ask daycare what they do when she bites so you're consistent.  Also, maybe give her some Motrin in the morning for a couple of days in case it's a teething thing.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! She hasn't bit anyone since...but we are still mentioning that biting is bad. I hope it was just a one day thing, and not a trend.

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"