Adoption

Hello! International adoption

Hello! I'm not sure if you do intros here but thought I would do so. We are just beginning the international adoption process, most likely in Ethiopia. We are also TTC and I'm active on that board as well. We definitely feel called to adopt but know it can take several years so we are basically pursuing all options. As far as we know, we don't have any fertility issues, but we definitely feel called to adopt no matter what happens. I've done lots of research on international adoption over the last year too so I'm happy to help answer questions if I can. I'm 27 and my husband is 29 and we've been married 4 years and have two puppy children. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

dog hits birthday cake off plate gif 

Re: Hello! International adoption

• @adoptivemaman I agree! Most people I know adopt after they've had biological children. The cost is kind of jaw dropping. I lurked on your blog and saw you are pursuing South Africa. Part of why we were drawn to Ethiopia was the AIDS epidemic and many kids are still feeling the effects of that today. I know South Africa was affected even more than Ethiopia so I would love to know which agency you are working through? I never found an agency that listed South Africa as a possible place to adopt, but now you've peaked my interest.

dog hits birthday cake off plate gif 

• Hello, and welcome. My husband and I adopted two boys from Peru, and I'm always happy to share our experiences and what we've learned. Good luck as you make your way through the process!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"