October 2012 Moms

Help me be patient!

So I've debated about posting this here but the other boards kinda scare me! I went off of my pill in July. We have been TTC. I have an app to help track my cycles and ovulating, but I'm not sure the ovulating part was accurate, and all of that and it says I should have started my period today. It hasn't started. I took a test on Saturday morning because I couldn't stand waiting and it was negative.

With the last pregnancy we got pregnant the first month of trying. I took a test when I was 3 days late and it was negative and then a week late it was positive. So with my period "supposed to start" today and it didn't, I need some patience until it either shows up or until next week to test again. I have some physical signs but I don't want to get my hopes up.

I feel like I'm going crazy or that it's all in my head and I'll just be off schedule from my body being off of the pill. Which is totally a possibility. Sorry I'm ranting.

Re: Help me be patient!

• Are you charting your temp? Without the temp, its really just guesswork as to when/iff you ovulated. Yes there are other signs but temp or bloodwork is the only actual confirmation. So you may have ovulated later or not at all. Body tends to go haywore after the pill.

That said, good luck! I hope this is a good sign!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • So I started doing the temp thing every morning. However, it wasn't like it dropped and then stayed there. It did go down, but then looking at it on the chart, it's like a zigzag and then it went back up and stayed the same for a few days after the app said my ovulating was over. But then we went out of town and I wasn't able to check it so I'm not sure really.  My body has been weird after having LO anyway so it could very easily just be my body adjusting to being off of the pill. But I am trying to stay positive without being TOO hopeful...but that is where I'm going crazy with waiting. After the negative test I just figured it was all in my head but then I didn't start today. I hate the waiting game...

Also, thank you @CnAnA :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought the strip tests  off amazon. Cheap and you get a bunch. That way you can test as often as you want!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think part of the problem now is that we know too much! In our parents' day, you'd go to the Dr if you missed two periods. I don't know if that meant they spent two months stressing and willing the time to pass, but to me it sounds less stressful than checking temperatures and apps and counting days.

Anyway, hang in there for the next couple of days, and I hope you get the news you're looking for.

Our bodies do change after pregnancy, and just to mess with us, so it's just not as predictable as we'd like it to be.
  • Fingers crossed for you! I am starting my two week wait now. I hope baby #2 is right around the corner for you :)
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Good luck! waiting is awful. My body has definetly been messed up since having a baby so I don't even really know when to expect my period anymore.  Hope you get the news you are waiting for soon!

• Are you using fertility friend or another app?
    I would get some dollar store tests or the $.88 ones from Walmart and try another one. The two week wait is hard. I find the daily check ins over on trying to get pregnant a good way to deal with the anxiety.
  • @Sillygirl85‌ the app is called Glow.

I woke up today thinking that I would have AF today and still nothing. After LO my body bled every other week ish. I had to keep changing my BC to a higher dose to make it stop. I think I had 5 different ones since having her. I thought when I went off to TTC that I would bleed but I didn't. But who knows. My body could just be adjusting and throwing AF off.
  • Congratulations!

• Congrats!
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Awesome!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • Congrats!!!

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014