June 2014 Moms

8/11 Random/Awesomeness thread

Re: 8/11 Random/Awesomeness thread

• You know you have a problem when your friends start giving you cloth diapers in exchange for favors...
    ...but so not turning down EUC Kawaii GNHW! ;)

J14 Jan Siggy Challenge: Santorini

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @lest12‌ she sucks! I'm sorry :( I would totally come support Luka!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you @elsa1688‌! I would love to invite you. But you would have to drink some wine with me! :)

image        image

• These last couple months have been a whirlwind! I feel like we're going toward a light at the end of the tunnel though! LO has been battling thrush for 5 weeks now. Ped is just telling us to keep on the nystatin which is NOT working. I keep kicking it and then getting re infected despite meds. Now I have clogged ducts that hurt like hell too.
    On the positive side... 10 weeks old and her nursery is finally here! Still have finishing touches to do but most everything big is in
    I put her crib together today (yesterday technically) and she is sleeping in her crib in her own room instead of in our bed!! Really happy but miss staring at her all night!
    MET: 12/31/06 ENGAGED: 5/23/11 MARRIED: 11/11/11 DD DOB: 6/6/14
    image image image
  • edited August 2014
    Hating on having an apartment this morning. Stupid bugs, and I swear I saw a mouse hanging out by my new pump stuff (though now that I think of it, after getting only 4 hours of sleep max at that time, it could have been an hallucination). Now I am waiting for the exterminator that the builiding hired. It's hard for me to fall asleep as it is, and I can't sleep knowing that at any point in time, the exterminator can come, so I just didn't bother going back to bed. 

Being with my LO rocks! DD born 6/13/14.
  • @lest12 I'm sorry she is being so selfish. I with she could be more supportive and suck up 20-45 minutes of her life for the baby. I hope she gets over it.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • I'm getting new glasses today. I am 4 years overdue and my current pair have cat scratches across the lenses but I kept putting it off and using the money for other things. I can't get my license transferred from VA to MD without an eye exam so might as well get the glasses. Also, I get to go out without the baby and I think I'll be leaving an extra bottle of milk and going to get coffee after.

Finishing our nursery is also in the plans for this weekend.

• @brooklyngirl46‌ I hallucinated that there was a centipede on the wall when C was like two weeks. I got up to kill it and it was gone. Then I told H he needed to find it and kill it. Once I actually woke up I realized it was the string from the price tag on the painting I had just hung. Sleep deprivation is fun.
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • DH went back to work today (he's a teacher), this is mom thing is hard!! I cried a little when he left.
  • I got an IUD put in last week. I had an appointment today for the ob to check the strings to make sure it's in the right place and she couldn't find them. So I have to have an ultrasound to find the IUD. If it's in the wrong place, I have to have it removed with a scope. Awesome.
  • I start working part-time from home on Monday, as a way of extending my maternity leave (I'll eventually be back in the office full-time).

My boss sent me a very reasonable email asking to schedule a phone call next week and my anxiety is now through the roof.

image        image

• stuff that fit me when I was 9 months pregnant does not fit me now- as in it's too small. WTF.
  • Anyone who's not BFing have trouble with skin to skin? I am EPing and want to do kangaroo care - but he gets SO fussy and roots around. Makes me sad. Any suggestions?
  • @jclester614‌ - I shower with LO to get my skin to skin time, it is our mom and baby time. He did latch once and I wasn't expecting it but since then I just hold him a little different.
  • @Taymiller Thanks, maybe I'll try that. Seems like he would be too distracted to get all hangry on me.

(Slippery baby sounds terrifying tho, haha.)
  • @Taymiller Thanks, maybe I'll try that. Seems like he would be too distracted to get all hangry on me.

(Slippery baby sounds terrifying tho, haha.)

I don't soap up where I hold him and then switch the way I am holding him to soap up that area. But yes slippery baby is a little scary at first.
  • You ladies that shower with baby are brave! I'm so afraid to drop C.
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • You ladies that shower with baby are brave! I'm so afraid to drop C.

You should try it, it feels so good and LO loves it! I don't put any soap to avoid baby becoming slippery, I wish I could do it more often but I only do it when DH is home to pass me the baby.
    Married 05/15/13 FTM with EDD 06/24/14
  • CAMag said:

Anyone who's not BFing have trouble with skin to skin? I am EPing and want to do kangaroo care - but he gets SO fussy and roots around. Makes me sad. Any suggestions?

Can you not do skin to skin after he eats?
    Me iz dum.

(i.e., I never thought of that...THANKYOU!)
  • Eli had a blowout of epic proportions yesterday after napping in our bed. We showered together and he was so calm. It was easier than I expected and he fell asleep shortly afterwards while still in his towel. It was so sweet.
  • @StrawberryDreams219 I mentioned it to them (I needed the vision test for my license either way) and my prescription hadn't changed at all so we didn't feel the need to wait. I also got a warranty just in case in a month or so I feel like there is a problem, I can get the lenses changed.

• @Taymiller‌ I tried showering with LO. I can't figure out how to clean myself while holding her. You guys must have an extra arm :)

I actually have a crappy arm which makes it a little difficult. I can't hold LO with my right arm. I definitely don't get as clean as I would if I showered by myself but I get the main parts clean. When DH is home I shower up and then have him hand me the baby.
  • @Taymiller‌ I tried showering with LO. I can't figure out how to clean myself while holding her. You guys must have an extra arm :)

I keep him in just a diaper in the rock and play (with a towel under him). I jump in and shower myself and when I'm all done, I reach out, de-diaper baby and bring him in. When he's finished, I place him in the rock and play, wrap up the towel and then towel myself off.
  • CAMag said:

I have come to the conclusion that I'll never sleep more than 4 to 5 hours at a time (that's being generous, the norm is 3 hours).

I am also super stabby to all the "squee my baby slept x amount of hours last night!!!" posts.

GOOOOOD FOR YOUUUU!

#jealousbitch

LO-freaking-L. I JUST posted that with my new pumping schedule, I can pump every 5 hrs, which still means I can only sleep 4 in a row max bc of babes waking up to eat. Sadly, it's so much better than it was that I'm ecstatic! STTN may just have a different meaning for us.
    I think you're right! I just saw your pumping schedule post! I am still pumping every 3 to 4 hours but at night I'm so tired I'm sleeping through my alarms (yeah, plural lol). You're my hero.

• B had been doing so good sleeping long stretches at night but tonight he's back to his old ways of every 3 hours. what gives tiny human? this is the meanest shit ever
  • @StrawberryDreams219‌ my husband hosed the shit out of C's car seat and it is one the worse for wear. I vote go for it.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• @BrightEyes112‌ I read a post last week from a J14 momma who BF baby during a bath. She stated it helps LO be more comfortable in water and ultimately a better swimmer. I was quite intrigued. Have only showered with LO once and that was out of necessity. Maybe I'll become braver when LO is a little bigger…
  • I don't tend to shower with my babies, but I do take baths with them.  It's a fun way to bond, at least until they are big enough that we don't fit or Charlie is old enough that it's not ok anymore.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• @katekat8721‌ and @CAMag‌ My LO only sleeps 4-5 hours in the longest stretch and I celebrate that it's not still every 2 hours and I only have one. You ladies are my heroes.

@Taymiller‌ Days like that make me feel like there is a new normal at the end of the tunnel!
  • Well shit! My animals have decided they hate me. So much for mopping the damn floors. The cat barfed and I almost barfed cleaning that and now my dog ate all her food and barfed it alllllll over. Thanks for the big f-you animals! Looks like I will be mopping again! But currently I am letting my dog eat all the food she barfed up.
  • Cam has shots at 9am tomorrow. How the hell am I going to get us out of the house on time?
    I go back to work on Wednesday. Thank God I am only going back part time. I cry just thinking about it.
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • Charlie likes strawberry Popsicle. Charlie does not being given one lick only to have it taken away. Moty.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"