June 2014 Moms
Options

8/11 Random/Awesomeness thread

steprozzsteprozz member
edited August 2014 in June 2014 Moms
since the other thread is super long I'm starting a new oneimage

Re: 8/11 Random/Awesomeness thread

• Options
    there is something in DS room that smells like death and I can't figure out what it is! it seriously smells like he threw up in the corner or something but I can't find anything. it is SO GROSS
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

there is something in DS room that smells like death and I can't figure out what it is! it seriously smells like he threw up in the corner or something but I can't find anything. it is SO GROSS

There was something very smelly in my car last week! But the stink went away before I took the real time to investigate. Weird.

image        image

• Options
    @MommyWaldron‌ - you can go through all of your posts under your member info if you're not mobile, but I don't know how to search. Sorry for the drama

Congrats to your LO @jennyd321 :)

image        image

• Options
    My sister's wedding is Saturday. Please lord just let us make it through this. I'm so over the bridezilla dramatics and so scared to have a babysitter watch the girls. Ugh. Makes my tummy hurt.

• Options
    Today is DH's first day back to work. I have to say I'm kind of excited to have the day without him. I go back on Thursday and I have a list of things I'd like to get done before then, but I'm trying to remind myself that if all I do is keep LO happy all day that will be accomplishing something!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I found the source of the stink. DS had put a half full cup of milk in his toy box. who knows how long it's been there. BARF.

At least you found it, but sick!
  • Options
    @lest12 Thank you!
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @miami3022‌ that's exactly what I did. I was not about to open that thing up
  • Options
    @supgabs‌ Good to "see" you :) Glad to hear things are going well!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @supgabs‌ Good to "see" you :) Glad to hear things are going well!
    Thanks! I hope your LO is doing well.

Lilypie - (4j0O)

Follow us at Caring Bridge 

• Options
    @supgabs good to hear from you! Colton is a cutie! Hope the next few weeks aren't too rough for you.

• Options
    @supgabs Love the update! Colton is so cute and I'm happy you are doing well!
  • Options
    meal planners!! someone once told me a website that meal plans for you and sends you the list and recipes. what was it? @ugabamafans‌ was it you?
  • Options
    otter1103otter1103 member
    edited August 2014

I'm so sad about Robin Williams.

Me too!
    Me three. George Carlin and him were my favorite comedians.
    And suicide, being a survivor of this- my heart breaks for his family.

• Options
    kaysa2 said:

@strawberrydreams219 - the Evenflo glass bottles, both the 4 oz and 8 oz actually fit the PIS better than the bottles that came with the pump!  Better suction and everything.  Unfortunately glass bottles are a bit too heavy for hands free bras, so you have to tighten the bra a little more than usual to keep the glass bottles upright.

Edited to add: I fucking love my glass bottles.  They freeze so well, reheat evenly, don't get gross and clean easily, and I have every intention of using them to freeze baby food once I am done pumping.
    Glass bottles are the absolute best...squeaky clean! Love, love, love them.
  • Options
    meal planners!! someone once told me a website that meal plans for you and sends you the list and recipes. what was it? @ugabamafans‌ was it you?
    I used to use www.emeals.com ! I Googled coupon codes and the code SCHOOL gets you 20% off a plan.
    you can also check onceamonthmeals.com  i havne't bought a membership yet but its the same concept and i was using it when it was still free

MC#1 - BFP early June, 2011 - first u/s showed pregnancy as non-viable - D&C 6/21/2011
    MC#2 - BFP early Nov, 2011 - first u/s showed cyst on umbilical cord at 8w2d and no heartbeat - D&C 11/22/2011 
    MC#3 - BFP April 30, 2012 - miscarriage naturally 5/2/2012 @8wk
    MC#4 - BFP Sep 2012 - u/s good at 8wks, 11 wks - no h/b and measuring 8w1d - diagnosed as Turner Syndrome
    IVF Round 1 - Retrieved 20 eggs, 8 confirmed blasts as chromosomally normal and one xfrd 9/25/2013 BFP on 10/9. EDD 6/13/2014

• Options
    kaysa2 said:
    @strawberrydreams219 - the Evenflo glass bottles, both the 4 oz and 8 oz actually fit the PIS better than the bottles that came with the pump!  Better suction and everything.  Unfortunately glass bottles are a bit too heavy for hands free bras, so you have to tighten the bra a little more than usual to keep the glass bottles upright.

Edited to add: I fucking love my glass bottles.  They freeze so well, reheat evenly, don't get gross and clean easily, and I have every intention of using them to freeze baby food once I am done pumping.

I love the evenflo bottles. They were cheap. They fit the pump, and are easier to wash. They do come with a storage lid. But the medela storage lids fit them too. I used them with ds1 and they didn't break at all so don't let the glass part scare you. Best part no chemicals leaching into the milk.
    BFP #1 April 28, 2009 - miscarriage 5/17/2009
    BFP #2 March 21, 2010 CP 3/28/2010
    BFP # 3 August 1, 2010 baby boy April 7, 2011
    BFP #4 February 9, 2013 missed miscarriage @ 15 weeks on May 1st , 2013.
    fingers crossed BFP #5 10/03/2013 due June 10, 2014. Unplanned C-Section on May 29, 2014. Welcome Grant!
  • Options
    @kaysa2 I use the same bottles and love them! You pop them in the freezer and haven't had any issues? I don't know why I didn't think of this. Do you just set them on the counter to thaw?

• Options
    We are headed to California in less than 48 hours. We were supposed to leave on Saturday morning but I realized the tickets were crazy town (a 5:30am flight seemed doable, until I realized that meant being there at 3:30, which means leaving the house at 3 AM, which means waking up at 2:30 :( ). Anyways, I was going to pack Friday. Now I need to be packed like tomorrow. Which means I need to do laundry and figure out what we need to pack for le bebe.

I might just pack essentials and grab anything I forget at target down there.
  • Options
    @kaysa2 this will be life changing and I'm gonna try it since I FINALLY have one whole bottle to freeze. Woohoo!

@ugabamafans‌ you are a BAMF, don't you forget it!

• Options
    @StrawberryDreams219‌ what tula did you get?!
  • Options
    steprozzsteprozz member
    edited August 2014

@StrawberryDreams219‌ what tula did you get?!

This one! I love it, it's so comfortable. H gave me the look though because I also just bought and lillebaby airflow, which I also love. I just ordered fabric so I could make matching teething pads and a hood. The hood is going to have giraffe horns and ears on it! Obvs obsessed over here..

-----quote box

oooh I love Spotted Love!! I'm kind of a tula whore lol I am obsessed with them so I totally understand!
  • Options
    We are baptising DS this Sunday! I am so excited. We are having a party at the house after, I hope we have good weather because 35 people inside will be tight.

Also, my SIL sucks at life. She's not coming because she doesn't believe in God and doesn't want to sit through church. (DH and his siblings were raised Atheist. Raising the baby Catholic was very, very importing to me... DH understands.) I don't know what her problem is but fuck that shit... I don't care if I never have to be around her but DH is upset and I feel bad.

image        image

• Options
    Oh my lord. C, the two year old, has always gone to bed upstairs without a problem. Last few nights she's been having issues and I noticed them as well at naptime today. She would get up, slam the door shut (we leave it open a crack so we can hear her), and then call out for us. Tonight was awful. Over an hour of calming her down, putting her to bed, and having her up and screaming. She sounded scared but I couldn't figure out of what. Finally I realized that her crying wasn't getting louder before she slammed the door, the door was opening. I went up, closed her door from the inside and sat with her. I then watched the door open by itself. Turns out DH greased the squeaky hinges on Wednesday. Now it swings open. She was terrified that someone was opening it, but it was obvious to her that we weren't up there. She'd slam the door shut and then call for us. Poor baby!! She's finally down for the night. I'd rather have squeaky hinges, and now we have to find some way to keep the door shut without latching it.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"