1st Trimester
Options

5 weeks in

Hello we just found out we are 5 weeks pregnant with our firts child. The doctor said to go and see him in 2 weeks to do an ultrasound. I don't know if I am going to be able to wait that long. Can you see anything if you go before week 7?

Re: 5 weeks in

• Options
    I was 7 or 8 weeks when I had my first u/s and that was only because I had some bleeding so they wanted to check on the baby. Otherwise I don't think id have gotten one at all till 20 weeks :s
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have had a US with all three of my pregnancies at 7 weeks and have been able to see the heartbeat. Of course it does not look like a baby just yet, but you should see something.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If you aren't going to be able to wait 2 weeks the next 35 or so is going to be pretty terrible.

I had mine at 8+5  for dating and it looked like a gummy bear..not a whole lot to see...

• Options
    Datin u/s for me was at 7 week 5 days, we heard/saw the heartbeat and saw the baby. I am going to echo what some PPs have said, if you go too early and they can't see anything you are going to cause yourself major worry for no reason. The waiting game will continue for the rest of this pregnancy, sorry!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You more than likely won't be able to see anything which will give you some definite unneeded and unwanted anxiety... Believe me, I've been there. As long as you aren't experiencing any bleeding I suggest you wait until you are guaranteed something to see. Just some first hand advice :)
  • Options
    Due to a suspected ectopic I had a transvag u/a around 5 weeks. There's a bubble. Unfortunately, I have to have another at 6+5 because I'm still bleeding (mildly but consistently, no pain) so they want to look. This early there's nothing to look forward to seeing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

We found out at 5 weeks. I was something like 7 weeks and 5 days when I had my first Dr.'s visit. I was also surprised that we had to wait because everyone acts like you have to get to a Dr. immediately after you find out you're pregnant, but the truth is, they can't really check much until you are 7 or 8 weeks along. Before that it's usually very hard to detect a heartbeat and they want to make sure you are far enough along to find one.

They did a viability u/s. OB wouldn't even see me without one. We saw our little guy looking like a Butterbean with 4 paddles and he had a HB of 175.

• Options

With my first baby I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks and saw the heartbeat, this time I don't think insurance will cover an ultrasound so early, but I agree it's better to wait when you know you will see more.  I wouldn't want to have an ultrasound if it was too early to see a heartbeat.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"