San Diego Babies

San Diego Parent Connection

130778130778 member
edited August 2014 in San Diego Babies
Hi, I am a first time expecting mom in the Clairemont/PB/La Jolla area and I am interested in either joining (if I can find one) or even starting up a parent / play group for other parents and babies to join who live in the nearby vicinity. I recently came across the San Diego Parent Connection (Sandiegoparent.com) and noticed that this organization has playgroups that meet on a regular basis for members and so I joined the community. It's $20 for a one year membership, FYI. I was wondering if anyone in thebump.com community is a part of San Diego Parent Connection and can share their experience with it. Or, better yet, if anyone would be interested starting a playgroup together, please reply. I'd love to connect with other moms AND moms-to-be in the area to connect and share experiences. In my experience with SDPC's website, it looks more user friendly (and pregnancy/baby specific) than meetup.com to start up play groups. For now, I am just looking for ways to connect with other moms and moms-to-be...hopefully I'll find out more at my first parenting class next week. :) Thanks, Mel Due Date: 12/11/14

Re: San Diego Parent Connection

• I'm in the El Cajon area and a mom-to-be. My due date is 11/1/14. I'm also new to San Diego and literally know like 2 people lol! I've been trying to get in contact with other moms and mom's-to-be on here, but no luck yet :/ I don't really want to pay to become a member on a site either lol. But let me know how that works out!
  • Hi ladies, and congrats on your pregnancies!! My name is Jennifer and I have been a member of the Parent Connection for nearly 9 years. There is a $20 annual fee to become a member of this 34-year-old program of Scripps Memorial Hospital, but you will receive so much more than $20 worth of benefits. The PC will connect you with a local playgroup or help you start your own. I started my own 8 1/2 years ago and, we are still close with those first friends through the birth of more children, the start of elementary school and everything in between! We also enjoy discounts to all major attractions and events, participate in terrific annual events like Breakfast with Santa, Fall Harvest Festival and Family Swap Meets. The Parent Connection offers helpful workshops to members like FREE potty training made easy, FREE baby sleep programs, FREE positive parenting classes. We also have our own message boards for members, which is one of the main reasons I'm still a member. I'd love to invite you to one of our upcoming expectant mom mingles (we just had one at The Melting Pot in La Jolla!) Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like to be added to the mailing list for expectant moms. My name is Jennifer and my email is sandiegomom@hotmail.com.  
  • Loading the player...
  • We'll be having another expectant mom mingle at The Melting Pot in October. If you are feeling up to a 9th month outing, then join us! Here's the FB page we started after the last migle:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1442914549326557/
  • That sounds like fun. I just joined the Facebook community. This page looks great!
  • Hello,My name is Dana I live in Clairemont and a first time mom. I have a 3mo little boy. I am also looking for other moms for play dates, outtings, walks, activites, and day care referrals. I am looking to meet other moms in my area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"