Cloth Diapering
Options

help me troubleshoot my leaking please

I think my son is a heavy wetter.  He is suddenly leaking out of my Nicki pockets, which are my old trusties that never leak.  I don't think its a fit problem.  They seem to fit fine.  Do you think it just that he has started completely saturating them?  They are very wet.  I haven't taken any extra steps with my diapers besides wash them, so I don't know if I need to do something different.  Or do I just start adding other inserts?  Like what?  Is this a common problem?

Re: help me troubleshoot my leaking please

• Options
    Well are the inserts saturated or not
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    How old is he? Are the inserts completely saturated when he leaks? Are you just using the MF inserts that came with your diapers?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do they seem saturated? Are there any gaps? Are you using microfiber inserts or what? How old is your son? Has he recently started moving more? How long is he wearing them before they leak?
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If the inserts are soaked, then you just need to add more absorbtion.

You can double up what you have(I'm assuming microfiber?) if that doesn't cause fit issues, but likely you will need to find a better insert. You could try stuffing with prefolds I you have those, but hemp inserts are really popular for lots of absorption.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Sorry!  He is 9.5 mo.   The front of them is soaked, the back is not.  He is about to crawl, but hasn't yet.  I am using the MF inserts that they came with. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd agree that you should try something with natural fibers.  You might be getting compression leaks from the MF, or it could just be that he's peeing so much so fast that it's coming out the legs/back. 

Cotton prefolds and cotton flats are an economical way to go.  I also really like AppleCheeks 2 ply bamboo inserts, but they are on the pricier side.  SoftBums also makes a nice bamboo insert.  

image imageimageimage

• Options
    I agree with everyone else sounds like they need more absorbency and ditch the mf. Boys wet diapers funny.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"