Special Needs
Options

When Other People

just don't realize they're being asses: the "too slow" high-five game.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
11/10/10 The Kid

Re: When Other People

• Options
    ...say, "I think sometimes they just throw an autism diagnosis out there".

Spend a day or so with my kid and tell me you don't notice something is up. Seriously.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options

"oh, enjoy it! Once they start talking you'll wish they weren't."

Nope. I can promise that what I heard 9 trillion times last summer is absolutely not true.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    "You're son is just so big!"
    "Yeah, I know."
    "No, really. He is just so BIG!"

"He is just so funny. I can't understand a thing he says."

"Did you ever think that maybe they just need time?"
  • Options
    "Do you tell your brother jokes?"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    11/10/10 The Kid
  • Options
    "Wow, this twin is so athletic, ... and this one ... is not."

"But all kids do that."

Yeah ... the paranoid over-reactor stuff. Not fun.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    typeset said:
    just don't realize they're being asses: the "too slow" high-five game.

Along this line is Keep Away/Monkey in the Middle especially when the one in the middle is disadvantaged in some form (even if it's just too short) and the other players are being bullies about it.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Options
    I quit my job because my sons' needs were too extensive for us to keep on working full time, between doctor's visits, therapies, tutoring, plain homework, and emotional needs. My husband and I plan to move and then switch roles; he will be home and I will return to work. His lifelong best friend (we life over a1,000 miles away and are visiting his hometown) told me that he's worried about what my husband will do, because he "won't be able to go from that lifestyle to nothing."

I know my husband's job is super demanding now, but I assure you that staying fine with my boys is hardly the same as doing nothing all day long.
  • Options
    when people say "I wish my child was as calm as yours!"  

My DD doesn't talk so I'd give anything to have my 2.5 year old have a verbal temper tantrum.  In fact, i'd love it.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    bellapup said:

My DD doesn't talk so I'd give anything to have my 2.5 year old have a verbal temper tantrum.  In fact, i'd love it.  

I hear you on that one.

I got told no today by DS. Second time ever.  I was elated.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options

I hear you on that one. I got told no today by DS. Second time ever.  I was elated.

Similar here.  It took DS1 a long time to use the word no as opposed to screaming, crying, growling, etc.  When he started saying no, it was wonderful.  Most parents would tell you they are so tired of their kid saying no.  Not me!  

I bet most parents would also say they wish their kid didn't like ice cream/junk food.  They don't realize what they're saying.  They really want NOT to be able to give their kids a treat at home occasionally, or go out for ice cream, because their kid WILL NOT eat it?  I wish I could do this. 

• Options

DH's new coworker said in front of him & another dad of a kid with DS that "all babies born with disabilities should be put to sleep"

O__O 

• Options
    edited August 2014

DH's new coworker said in front of him & another dad of a kid with DS that "all babies born with disabilities should be put to sleep"

I'm shocked my husband let him live to be quite honest. There was a trip to the boss' office for a talk about appropriate talk and behavior at work and how that sort of language is 100% unacceptable.

I guarantee DH will be looking for any excuse to jump all over this idiot.

This person *knew* they were being an asshole. He should be out to sleep. Rage.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"