Infertility
Options

Oh dear. It's here.

The Lupron rage has arrived. Dear Lord, please give me the strength to not cut some bitches today.

How do you manage your Lupron-induced pissiness? I find it helps to go out for walks when I can, and look at pictures of bunnies when I cannot.
Me: 34 / DH: 33
19-year history of endometriosis. Multiple surgeries and cyst removals. Forced directly into IVF due to blocked tubes and severe adhesions.
IVF w/ICSI and CCS #1 - Dec 2013 - Only 1 normal. Ended in CP
IVF w/ICSI and CCS #2, at CCRM - March 2014!
14R, 12 ICSI'd, 11F, 6 for CCS, 5 healthy blasts frozen!
Two 5BB blasts transferred 9/10; First beta 9/19: 109; second beta 9/22: 550!
EDD: 5/29/15

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Oh dear. It's here.

• Options
    I did 6 months of depot when I was 20, after my first laparoscopy. It was... bad. Really bad. It actually ruined me for over year. I have since refused every exhortation from every RE to go back onto depot. I only agreed to standard FET protocol under duress. That said, I had an unusually bad reaction to it, and most people do much better than I did. 

But yeah. Even in small doses, it is like injectable rage. I told my husband it's like 0-60 in 4.2 seconds on the anger scale. Everything is totally fine, and then someone does something *slightly* irritating, and it's like, KILL ALL THE THINGS RAWWWWRRR.
    19-year history of endometriosis. Multiple surgeries and cyst removals. Forced directly into IVF due to blocked tubes and severe adhesions.

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I guess I was lucky in a way, because I had prior experience with Lupron and I knew exactly what it was going to do to me, so I was able to sit DH down ahead of time and say, "Listen, I'm about to become a total monster. I promise I will always do my best to recognize when I'm being unreasonable and control my response, but you also need to understand that my temper will be hair-trigger, and I won't be able to handle our usual verbal sparring. And also sometimes I might just need to sit and stew in my own rage, or go out for a walk, and that doesn't mean I hate you, it just means I'm angry and need to deal with it in my own way."

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Mine started after two doses of 10 units. Maybe you'll get lucky, and you won't notice it as much. 

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm on my 4th week of 20 units. I can feel the anger building up in me, even in my sleep. I don't like anyone right now. My husband came home from work today and literally changed out of his dress clothes and put his scrubs on and turned around and went back to work. He normally spends about 3-4 hours at home during the day on his long days so we can at least see each other. He would rather work 15 hrs than spend a minute with me. I can't blame him, I'm bad, but I still cried like a baby when he left. I HATE this stuff!!!
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    airidh80airidh80 member
    edited August 2014
    @pintobean39, Lupron makes it really difficult for me to sleep, too. It's hard to unclench. Your mind just keeps going, pumping out tense and angry thoughts. Or, if you're like me, you start replaying every mistake you've ever made, over and over, for hours.

I feel like every Lupron prescription should come with one Xanax, every day, to be taken at bedtime. :)

(edited to correct tag)

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    airidh80 said:

@pintobean, Lupron makes it really difficult for me to sleep, too. It's hard to unclench. Your mind just keeps going, pumping out tense and angry thoughts. Or, if you're like me, you start replaying every mistake you've ever made, over and over, for hours.

I feel like every Lupron prescription should come with one Xanax, every day, to be taken at bedtime. :)

I take baclofen and 12.5 mg of Benadryl at night before bed so they kinda make me sleepy, so sleeping isn't my problem. It's the daytime I'm struggling with. I seriously thought about taking a nibble of some Xanax today, I'm just so worked up, I feel it in my chest. I'm almost finished my second bottle of my 2 week kit and I have to order another bottle because I have 2-3 more weeks of this.

I have noticed I'm having very vivid dreams. I was so convinced the other night someone was coming to break in my house, so I got up set the house alarm and didn't tell my husband. Needless to say when he got up to go to work before I got up he opened the door and set the alarm off. I'm getting scared to sleep because the nightmares are so bad. Is this just me? They started on my second week of this devil drug.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    I don't have vivid dreams while on Lupron, but I've heard that other people do. 

I find it difficult to keep it together during the day, too. It's hard not to snap at people. Have you ever read Tina Fey's Bossypants? She describes this feeling of intense stress and desperation as a "heart raisin." That's kind of what I feel like... I have a heart raisin. But's it's also a stomach raisin and a jaw raisin and a scalp raisin, too.

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    oh no!  No one told me there would be even more rage with Lupron.  I've never taken it before and I start it next week.  

@airidh80:  I already sit in bed a lot of nights over thinking my mistakes from the day at baseline. So I'll be in a rage from the meds and from not sleeping?  
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

TTC#1 since 2010 Me: 30 DH:35 
     Dx: unexplained
    4 failed IUI's (2 clomid, 2 Gonal-F)
    IVF/ICSI#1: April 2014 (24 retrieved,14 fertilized, 5dt of 2 embryos and 6 frozen) Beta 5/10- BFN
    Hysteroscopy :  August 2014 (adhesions, and pre-polyps found and removed)
    FET#1: September 11th, 2 hatching frosties transferred
    1st Beta 9/22: 896 2nd Beta: 1924
    EDD: 5/30/15

image image

• Options
    Gack, so sorry ladies. I do feel the need to comment here, for the benefit of the newbies, that lots of women don't have these problems on Lupron. I never had headaches moodiness or any other negative side effects. (I get all that on BCP, though.) Sorry, I'm not trying to gloat, but I don't want new folks to be terrified! Also, I think the Lupron depot is a much higher dose, right?

On the other hand, the hubbies don't know better, so if this is a good excuse, let your b!tch flag fly!!!
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Yes, depot is a much higher dose that stays in your system much longer. I'm not using depot, but like I said, I have an unusually strong reaction to Lupron.

@kittenmittens9, you might be totally fine. Everyone reacts to different drugs in different ways. And if you do get the anxiety/rage, you'll get through it. We all do, in the end :)

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @airidh80, thanks.  I just hope I don't get too crazy, for DH's sake :)

***siggy/ticker warning***

TTC#1 since 2010 Me: 30 DH:35 
     Dx: unexplained
    4 failed IUI's (2 clomid, 2 Gonal-F)
    IVF/ICSI#1: April 2014 (24 retrieved,14 fertilized, 5dt of 2 embryos and 6 frozen) Beta 5/10- BFN
    Hysteroscopy :  August 2014 (adhesions, and pre-polyps found and removed)
    FET#1: September 11th, 2 hatching frosties transferred
    1st Beta 9/22: 896 2nd Beta: 1924
    EDD: 5/30/15

image image

• Options
    Try not to worry about it until you have to. Everyone is different. FX that you (and everyone else reading this!) cruises through Lupron with no problems at all!

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    OMG! I had no idea Lupron was going to turn me into a raging bitch. Holy Crap! I'm starting teacher week back next Wednesday and kids arrive on the 20th. I'm supposed to start Lupron with IVF#2 in the first week of September. My nurse told me that it's called a micro dose. I hope that means it won't be as bad. When I stimmed on Gonal F and Menopur last time (we only had 3 days of Ganirelix at the end), I didn't really feel too many crazy emotions except once or twice crying fits. Now, I am really worried because I'll be taking it along with stims for the whole 10-12 days. YIKES!

Does anyone understand what Lupron will do to help the cycle? It's all new to me.

imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 40, rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s, low ovarian reserve

DH: 42, bi-lateral varicocele (corrected in Dec 2013)

2008 Married

2009 Started TTC #1

2012 Hormone studies/ultrasound, HSG, Clomid

BFP ended in MC 

2013 3 rounds of Clomid

Hormone studies/ultrasound, SIS, polyp and bicornuate uterus removed

DH varicocelectomy

2014 Hormone studies/ultrasound, HSG, SIS, removed 2nd polyp

IVF #1- retrieved 17, 3 mature for 2 day transfer, BFN

IVF #2- September…our last chance….. retrieved 22, 6 mature blasts, 2 embies transferred, BFP (300 beta) on Oct 1st, Beta #2 675 Oct 3rd, Beta #3 2,484

EDD Twins 06/09/2015

1/30/2015 PPROM at 21 weeks, 3 days. Hospital bed rest to let these sweet peas cook. Holding on for 34 weeks!

• Options
    airidh80airidh80 member
    edited August 2014
    How my doctor explained it to me is, Lupron temporarily stops estrogen production in women (or, interestingly, testosterone production in men.) But during the first few days of the drug, your pituitary "flares" and releases larger doses of FSH and LH. After that initial flare up, which is usually about 3 days, your pituitary is suppressed and produces very little FSH or LH. So usually, you would start start your stim drugs on Day 3. 

I don't know exactly what protocol you're using, but that's the basic idea - you stimulate a natural surge from your own pituitary, and then allow the stim drugs to take over. It can be very helpful for improving response in poor responders.

I feel bad that everyone who hasn't start lupron is freaking out now! Anger/agitation/stress are common side effects of Lupron, but not everyone experiences them, and even those who do have varying levels of anger/stress/irritation.

So you know that phrase, "Don't trouble trouble 'til trouble troubles you?" Replace that with, "Don't trouble Lupron 'til Lupron troubles you." 

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    And one more thing: If you do get the Lupron Crazies, I find it helpful to constantly ask myself, "Is this a reasonable reaction/response, or is this the drug talking? What am I really feeling here?" Take lots of deep breaths. Make an effort to get some exercise, it can help reduce the agitation. And don't be afraid to ask your partner for some alone time.

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I actually am one of the ones who had no side effects with Lupron! One of the nurses suggested maybe it was because my hormones were already out of whack from PCOS, lol... Who knows. When I took Letrozole I had headaches and some moodiness.

Me: 32  DH: 33  Married: March 2004

July 2006: started TTC
    2008: HSG (normal), couple rounds of clomid through gyno
    2008 - 2010: dragging my feet out of fear and procrastination
    October 2010: first consultation with RE, dx PCOS and fibroids (DH slightly low count/motility)
    Oct. 2010 - Dec. 2012:  In DENIAL! avoided the issue because I was scared of surgery
    January 2013: returned to RE, fibroids grew significantly
    February 2013: second HSG, fibroids pushed on tubes which blocked them somewhat
    March 2013: MRI to determine what type of surgery may be necessary

July 29, 2013: fibroids (5) removed via robotic laparascopy
    August 2013 - Nov 2013 : benched due to recent surgery

IUI #1, Dec. 24, 2013, BFN 
    IUI #2, Jan. 25, 2014, BFN
    IUI #3, Feb. 25, 2014  BFN
    IUI #4 canceled due to lack of response to letrozole
    IUI #4.1 April 28, 2014, BFN

May 16, 2014: wtf consult, start prepping for IVF in June and add injects for one last IUI in the meantime
    IUI #5 started letrozole and bravelle but canceled after HSG led to new diagnosis

May 21, 2014: third HSG, tubes blocked, one at the beginning, one hydrosalpinx??
    June 11, 2014: consult, approved to move on to IVF because the hydro is not completely blocked therefore allowing fluid to move through slowly rather than backwards
    IVF #1 August 8, 2014 - 3dt of 2 embryos, BFN
    September 17, 2014 - 4th HSG, the right tube is very patent (open!!) dye went straight through this time. Weird!
    October 2, 2014 - started metformin treatment
    November 14, 2014 - blood work, brought A1C down from 5.8 to 5.5

November 26, 2014 - RE finally back from vaca and reviewed my chart, no more IVFs for rest of calendar year
    December 1, 2014 - Right after Thanksgiving, I called a new clinic and got in right away! Plan for IVF
    December 17, 2014 - ER! 29 retrieved (!!), 16 mature, all 16 fertilized (ICSI)

IVF #2 December 20, 2014 - 3dt of 3 embryos, BFN

We are done with treatment unsuccessfully. :(

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

image    image
  • Options
    Meanwhile, I just found a desiccated shrimp under the couch, and my Lupron-rage has me seriously debating how much I actually love my husband. 

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"